PDA

View Full Version : Best bun for bun waves?

PeachyWavy
December 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
I've only just tried leaving my hair to dry in a bun, and although it does take a very long time, I'm loving the results! The waves are more relaxed than my usual curls so it offers a refreshing change.

My question is, what bun does everybody turn to when they're going for bunwaves?, as I love the main body of curls, but there are a few too many wildly kinky pieces.

I've been trying with a normal cinnamon bun on damp/wet hair, help in place with two spin pins, as my hairsticks aren't water resistant.

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays!

Amber_Maiden
December 23rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
The sock bun.

Merlin
December 23rd, 2011, 01:32 PM
A friend of mine has hair about your length and she does hers into two pigtail buns, rather than a single bun, which make the most fantastic bun waves.

white.chocolate
December 23rd, 2011, 01:36 PM
I find the results of the rope-braided bun to my liking. Maybe it's also because my hair is naturally straight all the time that I like the different look once in a while.

pepperminttea
December 23rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
Cinnabun for me, or twin/multiple cinnabuns. :)

PinkyCat
December 23rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
The sock bun.

I agree - you just need to make sure the ends don't get squashed in there.

longhairedleah
December 23rd, 2011, 03:19 PM
thank you for asking this question! I've been wondering the same thing :)

I love how the sock bun looks, but
a) it's much curlier than wavier. huge amounts of volume (for me at least, I too have curly hair)
b) for some reason it seems to damage the ends of my hair (i guess it's how i have to shove the initial bit in because of my layers)

I've been drying my hair aaaallll day in a cinnamon bun, it's still wet!! I think I'll do the pigtails for a bit for it try dry faster!

sarahbrownie
December 23rd, 2011, 03:24 PM
I do my bun curls like this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1666373&postcount=41) because the normal sock bun makes it a bit wonky. The trick for me is to have my hair 95% or 100% dry, put some natural styling product, and then wear that bun to sleep.

sun-kissed
December 23rd, 2011, 04:49 PM
The seashell bun always turns out lovely soft waves for me, and rarely with any kinks.