PDA

View Full Version : Evening Primrose Oil

UP Lisa
December 23rd, 2011, 10:35 AM
If you are taking this, has it done anything for your hair? How much do you take? How long have you been taking it?

clairenewcastle
December 23rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
I took 500mg of evening primrose oil daily for a number of years along with cod liver oil.
I didn't notice any difference in the condition of my hair when I stopped doing so but I did when I stopped using the cod liver oil.
I now take cod liver oil daily for my hair.

UP Lisa
December 23rd, 2011, 11:13 AM
The thought of taking cod liver oil is not a pleasant one.....:eek:

I took 500mg of evening primrose oil daily for a number of years along with cod liver oil.
I didn't notice any difference in the condition of my hair when I stopped doing so but I did when I stopped using the cod liver oil.
I now take cod liver oil daily for my hair.

jojo
December 23rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
I have been taking cod liver oil (pills not liquid eek) for just over a fortnight. I take them to ease joint pain caused my arthritis; they work a treat but the added benefits are my scalp scabs have gone and my hair feels really soft, so worth a go. Ive taken EPO in the past for period pain and they was good, but it was back in the days when I didnt give a stuff about my hair so couldnt really give a good evaluation on how good it was for hair, but the cod liver oil is worth a go!

UP Lisa
December 23rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
Well, I'm already taking fish oil.....

I have been taking cod liver oil (pills not liquid eek) for just over a fortnight. I take them to ease joint pain caused my arthritis; they work a treat but the added benefits are my scalp scabs have gone and my hair feels really soft, so worth a go. Ive taken EPO in the past for period pain and they was good, but it was back in the days when I didnt give a stuff about my hair so couldnt really give a good evaluation on how good it was for hair, but the cod liver oil is worth a go!

turtlelover
December 23rd, 2011, 06:51 PM
I think it is a good oil to supplement, but if I had to pick just one oil for health of hair and body, I would pick purified fish oil, because most people are so deficient in what it contains.