PDA

View Full Version : Sure my hairline is receeding...

xxaimsxx
December 23rd, 2011, 04:02 AM
Hey guys im 19 and my hairline is seriously thinning, ive always had a big forehead (lol) but this just makes it worse :/ i dont dye my hair or use hot tools... Im trying shampoos that claim to make your hair thicker... im really worrying.

Callque
December 23rd, 2011, 04:26 AM
I'm so sorry! :( I'd definitely get a blood test done considering your age. There are many health-related things that can cause the thinning of hair.

Castor Oil helped with the thickness of my hair. I'd leave it on my scalp overnight and wash it out in the morning. Also, looking into hair supplements might be of interest to you as well.

Good luck!

Kiwiwi
December 23rd, 2011, 06:55 AM
I agree with callque.
Also, if you do, don't wear your hair in a tight ponytail or other style too often. It puts too much strain on your hair.

Miss Catrina
December 23rd, 2011, 04:51 PM
I agree with callque.
Also, if you do, don't wear your hair in a tight ponytail or other style too often. It puts too much strain on your hair.

I came by to mention this. It's called traction alopecia, and I've seen it happen to people.... who don't seem to notice anything is wrong and continue to wear the same ponytail for years on end. :mad:

Definitely check with a doctor. In the absence of a medical problem, castor oil has definitely helped some people here.

Maddy_T
December 23rd, 2011, 06:10 PM
I came by to mention this. It's called traction alopecia, and I've seen it happen to people.... who don't seem to notice anything is wrong and continue to wear the same ponytail for years on end. :mad:

Definitely check with a doctor. In the absence of a medical problem, castor oil has definitely helped some people here.

Seconding the castor oil, it really helped my hairline, I had pretty big man receedings at the sides of my head from bleach and massaged castor oil in daily and it made a huge difference. :)
Something else that worked absolute wonders for me were these Matrix anti-hair loss tonic vials, they come in a box of 10 and you massage one onto the scalp after shampoo/conditioner...
I do think you should possibly get blood work done though, no amount of expensive product is going to help if the problem is internal.:blossom:

turtlelover
December 23rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
PCOC is a big problem in women and causes hair loss. Other possibilities are vitamin or mineral deficiences -- iron in particular -- though you ALWAYS should have a blood test before you supplement that.