PDA

View Full Version : It isn't Christmas yet, but I made out like a bandit!

AnqeIicDemise
December 23rd, 2011, 01:32 AM
It all started with the SS from work. My SS got me a lovely green box filled with hair sticks, a few froggie items, sequened barrets and chocolate. (I wound up with FIVE plastic, smooth hair sticks. Not the greatest quality in terms of price but they're actually decent!)

Mom got through the door from the airport and she surprised me with another slew of pretty shinies!

She got me some faux ficcares (you know, the ones that beak shaped clips, two pairs with lots of shinies) and about six silver metal bobby pins with big stones on them. Any hair grabbing flaws are fixable with a nice layer of clear polish. :D

I'm so stoked. I went from having a very small collection of toys to one that just spawned over night. :D

PS: Pictures to follow in the morning. I'm too lazy to upload pictures right now.

---

Anyone else got some hair pretties from loved ones lately?

woolyleprechaun
December 23rd, 2011, 01:54 AM
ooooooh, lucky you :)

darkrose
December 23rd, 2011, 02:57 AM
I got £75 from my sister for my birthday today, so i'm out shopping for hairsticks and toys ! :) yours sound lovely , your lucky to get so many !

katienoonan
December 23rd, 2011, 03:40 AM
:drama: Just gonna wait for some pictures now..!

julliams
December 23rd, 2011, 04:29 AM
Awww you are SO lucky. I never get hair stuff - go figure!!

Amber_Maiden
December 23rd, 2011, 05:32 AM
That's awesome!!!!

jacqueline101
December 23rd, 2011, 06:55 AM
I'm still wondering what's under my tree. I'm clueless. You're lucky you got hair toys and to know early.

piffyanne
December 23rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
That's great! Do you mind if I hang out for pictures, too?

Also, I mis-read the name of the thread as "It isn't Christmas yet, but I made out with a bandit!" and choked on the tea I was drinking.:rollin:

patienceneeded
December 23rd, 2011, 03:25 PM
I hoping for some new hair toys and shiny things, but am not allowed to open presents early. DH won't let me... *pout* Apparently I need to be a good example for DD4...

Pictures of your new pretties?

Quixii
December 23rd, 2011, 04:15 PM
Also, I mis-read the name of the thread as "It isn't Christmas yet, but I made out with a bandit!" and choked on the tea I was drinking.:rollin:
I also read it that way, and was very confused. :laugh:

I'm also eagerly anticipating pictures. :)

princessp
December 23rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
That's great how exciting!

Kira94
December 23rd, 2011, 08:28 PM
Awesome! I can't wait to see pictures. :D

I also read "I made out with a bandit" and am still trying to hold back giggles! :laugh:

AnqeIicDemise
December 23rd, 2011, 11:54 PM
Here are the ones mom got me. I sanded the inside of the clip (bottom of the beak) and covered it with clear polish. I did the same over the rhinestones as extra precaution.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8978&pictureid=121844

And here's what my SS from work got me. Love it! Especially the froggie bin. I decided to toss all my new toys in there. They all fit except the last four clips.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8978&pictureid=121845

AnqeIicDemise
December 24th, 2011, 12:02 AM
ps: you all are hilarious... making out with a bandit.. LOL

woolyleprechaun
December 24th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Can I have alternative pictures of 'Making out with a bandit' aswel please ;)

Callque
December 24th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Oh those hair toys are beautiful! I hope one day people will be getting hair toys for me. ;)

I currently have none... :(

wicked kisses
December 24th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Awww you are SO lucky. I never get hair stuff - go figure!!

It's funny, but me neither. I always end up buying it myself, although I've been going around with a pencil in my hair lately.... think that's enough of a clue?

I am actually just hoping for a gift card, even a little one. Next Yule will be better as we will have had time to save up.

AnqeIicDemise
December 24th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Oh those hair toys are beautiful! I hope one day people will be getting hair toys for me. ;)

I currently have none... :(

I lost two of my original sticks I started of with myself.. so I only had a fork, a pair of sticks I got a few months ago and my horn stick. I wound up making a pair of sticks out of chopsticks and nail polish. The next day I got these. Made me so happy.

piffyanne
December 26th, 2011, 02:09 AM
I'm the kind of person who photoshops Romance Novel covers into even more hilarious hilarity, and I think this title (mis-read, naturally) just gave me a swell new idea for a cover...;)

If you say I can, I might even use a permutation of your username in it, OP, as a nod to the idea starter?