PDA

View Full Version : Why apply conditioner to dry hair?

shikara
December 22nd, 2011, 05:48 PM
There must be benefits to applying conditioner to dry hair since there are those here who do it. What are they:)?

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_a5642814.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=a5642814.jpg)

Hollyfire3
December 22nd, 2011, 05:50 PM
Most people do so to calm hair down or detangle. Conditioner on dry hair takes away frizz, adds moisture and makes hair less likely to get tangled. It really helps especially if the ends are dry or rough. You usually use about a dime sized amount, much less than you usually use to wash with, rub it into the hair, focusing on the ends, and comb it through.

Amber_Maiden
December 22nd, 2011, 08:22 PM
I did it. Really helped my hair. I'd leave my moisturizing conditioner on for hours. Helped my hair soak up the moisture better. It's like a hair mask.

cheetahfast
December 22nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
I use it when I have a knotted mat of hair. My mother did it when I was a kid and it works great, just slather some in and let it sit for a few minutes, it becomes easier to finger comb it and gently break it up without any pain or fighting.

Now that I wear my hair up daily, I don't have to do it anymore.

Callque
December 23rd, 2011, 05:23 AM
It helps to detangle and it's pretty much the same as leaving in conditioner after the shower, but you just do it before. Plus, you don't have to worry about putting on too much or having your hair be greasy since you wash it out right after anyway. :)

jacqueline101
December 23rd, 2011, 06:46 AM
I've used leave in condish on my hair when its dry to combat fly aways. I also use it in place of stiffening agents too.

isabelx
December 23rd, 2011, 07:07 AM
I love it, I do it every time I wash my hair and leave it on for at least 45 minutes, sometimes hours. My hair just seems to soak up all the conditioner leaving it lovely and soft afterwards :)