PDA

View Full Version : Viviscal?

Maddy_T
December 22nd, 2011, 04:52 PM
Hi everyone! (Merry Christmas:)

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience using/know someone who takes Viviscal tablets?. I'm considering starting them but am a bit skeptic as the 'results' pictures seem a little too good to be true, they do get good reviews.

Ingredients are listed as:

% Daily Valuehttp://www.drugstore.com/img/spacer.gifhttp://www.drugstore.com/img/spacer.gifVitamin C 60 mg100%http://www.drugstore.com/img/spacer.gifhttp://www.drugstore.com/img/spacer.gifAminoMar C Marine Complex polysaccharides (from deep sea fish) 600 mg*http://www.drugstore.com/img/spacer.gifAcerola Cherry Extract (Malphigia Glabra L) (Fruit) 240 mg*http://www.drugstore.com/img/spacer.gifHorsetail Extract (Equisetum arvense) (stem) 60 mg

Any thoughts?

Thanks.:brains:

bondeandeebowl
December 22nd, 2011, 05:26 PM
Another girl I work with recommended these to me, her hair is beautiful! They are a little expensive, but I definitely noticed a boost in health and growth. I would recommend it for sure if you can afford it :)

Maddy_T
December 22nd, 2011, 06:06 PM
Another girl I work with recommended these to me, her hair is beautiful! They are a little expensive, but I definitely noticed a boost in health and growth. I would recommend it for sure if you can afford it :)

Yay, thanks for the reply, they are pretty expensive.... is there a point where you can stop using them/does your hair revert to it's old self after stopping?. I'm scared if I start using them I'll have to take them forever haha.:(

akilina
December 22nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
yess i used it for about a month and a half...i was taking 2 tablets a day for a while then i switched to one along with some other vitamins. my hairr grew an inch in a month idk what was exactly to blame for the growth... but then, my wonderful sweet DOG ATE THEM ALL!!! :O he literally popped out half of them and ate them one by one. i couldnt believe it. its not worth it to buy again to me i know you have to use it over time to really see results. id skip on it and just get yourself a good hair skin and nails supplement. dont overdose yourself on biotin though

Second Growth
December 22nd, 2011, 07:20 PM
yess i used it for about a month and a half...i was taking 2 tablets a day for a while then i switched to one along with some other vitamins. my hairr grew an inch in a month idk what was exactly to blame for the growth... but then, my wonderful sweet DOG ATE THEM ALL!!! :O he literally popped out half of them and ate them one by one. i couldnt believe it. its not worth it to buy again to me i know you have to use it over time to really see results. id skip on it and just get yourself a good hair skin and nails supplement. dont overdose yourself on biotin though

I just want to know how the dog's coat looked after all your pills! Could you see a difference?;)

akilina
December 22nd, 2011, 07:54 PM
I just want to know how the dog's coat looked after all your pills! Could you see a difference?;)
haha... i think i was too pissed to notice!!!!

oh and to anyone reading this...i do NOTTTTTT recommend wasting your money on the viviscal shampoo and conditioner. i really wasnt happy with it at all.

Maddy_T
December 22nd, 2011, 10:14 PM
Hahaha I'm interested in the coat too ;) thanks for the heads up about the shampoo/conditioner, I was considering getting them along with the scalp lotion... probably not really worth it.

Sunsailing
December 22nd, 2011, 10:55 PM
I've used Viviscal for years with great results.

I got to waist length from short in 3.5 years.

BeautifulSoup
December 23rd, 2011, 12:26 AM
I've heard of this and am curious about it too. Geez, I didn't think the ingredients would be that simple.

Maddy_T
December 23rd, 2011, 03:11 AM
Ooooo that's awsome sunsailing, I hope I'll get good results too...
@beautifulsoup, I know I thought the same, I wonder what it is that works.. I think the first ingredient has HEAPS of protein so maybe that. Mmmmmm anyone know?

jojo
December 23rd, 2011, 07:01 AM
I used these a few years back and they did zilch for my hair! and there expensive!

CherrySilver
December 23rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
IMHO this is an overly expensive hair supplement -- $35-40/mo is outrageous for basically Vitamin C, marine protein and a tiny bit of horsetail. But, then again, lots of people buy into the hype. You'd probably be better off with a good multivitamin, a *much* less expensive marine protein supplement and a box of horsetail tea.

Sunsailing
December 24th, 2011, 08:35 PM
IMHO this is an overly expensive hair supplement -- $35-40/mo is outrageous for basically Vitamin C, marine protein and a tiny bit of horsetail. But, then again, lots of people buy into the hype. You'd probably be better off with a good multivitamin, a *much* less expensive marine protein supplement and a box of horsetail tea.

I tried various other supplements, but Viviscal is the only one which gave me any positive results.

Everyone is different. You've got see what works for you.
$40 is only outrageous if it doesn't work for you. I'd pay a lot more to get good results :)

lastnite
April 7th, 2012, 03:16 AM
any other reviews on this? I remember years ago this was a hot product and it cost $60+ dollars a box! of course I couldn't afford to take it for months, but did try a month here and there which I think it did help my hair look better but it's hard to tell if it was Viviscal or other things I was doing to my hair at the time.

also I notice now there are other vitamins with the marine protein (notice they never tell what fish it comes from which worries me a bit) that are cheaper, so I wonder how they compare to Viviscal.

sammbell4
August 13th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Don't bother. I tried it for the recommended 6 months and it made no differance apart from being a bit poorer :( I have got friends who took it also and had nothing good to say about it.

akilina
August 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Thats funny this page got bumped.
I tried viviscal until my stinking dog ate the rest of my doses.
Honestly? I actually really did like the stuff looking back...
My hair felt incredible and was growing very healthily.
It is too expensive though, and I would much rather recommend going out, and finding bottles of the ingredients in this vitamin.
I would do something more like take a fish oil supplement, vitamin C, Acerola Cherry Extract, and Horse Tail Extract...
I already posted on this thread when It was newer but I still have fairly good things to say about the product.

I did buy the shampoo and conditioner as well and I am not sure I liked it. I have considered using it again and giving it a try since I still have it.

sammbell4
August 15th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I guess success with Viviscal must depend on your hair type or the reason behind your hair thinning. I also tried a product very similar to Viviscal called Nourkrin. Once I found it was basicly the same product with a different name I stopped :( (http://nourkrin.evershop.co.uk/) Costs about the same as Viviscal.