PDA

View Full Version : A great resource I found today

julliams
December 21st, 2011, 08:25 PM
This might be old news but I found a beautiful picture today on a site and thought there must be more to it. So I googled the image and found the original site.

Check out the top picture "long hair...anything but boring". I'm in love with the bun curls - mine don't come out like that!!!

Then there is a whole list of links to styles and how to do them. Might be a good one to bookmark.

http://www.longhairloom.com/stylingstationcentral.html

jacqueline101
December 21st, 2011, 09:13 PM
That picture is lovely and the web page is great thanks for sharing.

mireillemt
December 21st, 2011, 09:24 PM
Oh goodness, just spent way too much time there looking at hair styles! Thank you for the link. :D

supbanana
December 22nd, 2011, 12:28 AM
Directions I can comprehend!! Thank you so much for sharing!

starrydawn
December 22nd, 2011, 12:46 AM
Thanks so much for sharing! :D So many wonderful styles!

MissManda
December 22nd, 2011, 01:16 AM
That is the picture/website that first brought me to LHC. I felt so happy when I stumbled on all of the photos of beautiful hair! :cloud9:

hanne jensen
December 22nd, 2011, 02:37 AM
Thanks for sharing. I've bookmarked it.

Amber_Maiden
December 22nd, 2011, 05:45 AM
Awesome!!! Thank you!!!!

Carolyn
December 22nd, 2011, 05:47 AM
Just an FYI, there are quite a few LHCers who are Loomites too. The owner of the site (Fox) is also a member here. There are some great style instructions and some lovely long hair pics over there.

white.chocolate
December 22nd, 2011, 08:24 AM
Thank you very much for sharing! This is going to be very useful!

Oksana
December 22nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
Thank you this has come at just the right time as i was looking for some new ideas :blossom:

Copasetic
December 22nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
Her hair is amazing! So thick and shiny.

heidi w.
December 22nd, 2011, 09:44 AM
FYI.... That's a free website also: The Longhair Loom, run by a lovely lady that also sells nice hairsticks that she makes herself. She's a singer in a family troupe, and they travel the US and sing.

This is to the sub-page under the Longhair Loom, known as The Styling Station which contains folks' instructions on the how-to of various hair styles. Often they post photos of how to do some such design, and it's really helpful for others to learn and increase their repertoire. A lot of the women there use henna so there's a lot of info on henna there. There's a kind of God aspect to what people post there, and everyone gets along well. It is not unlike LHC, mostly women talking with women, and very friendly and easy to use, and lots of help to be found.

I recommend this website often, especially The Styling Station as a resource for new members here on LHC because there's often a photo or two regarding the how-to of an updo or style.

heidi w.

Amazinggrace
December 22nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
That is a wonderful link, thank you! The site is set up beautifully too.

julliams
December 22nd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks Heidi w. for the info. It really is a lovely site.