PDA

View Full Version : 1 year anniversary and great salon visit!

patienceneeded
December 21st, 2011, 04:56 PM
The title says it all! I passed my 1-year anniversary with LHC on 12/5, plus had a great salon visit today! I love my stylist. She is AWESOME! And now for pics!

When I joined LHC in December 2010
http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6827&pictureid=90675

Today, 12/21/11, before I went to the Salon
http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7178&pictureid=121690

Today 12/21/11 AFTER the salon trip. Trim 1/8", demi-permanant color
http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7178&pictureid=121688

From the front (the bangs/fringe are new).
http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7178&pictureid=121689

There are more pics in my album of my hair in-progress over the last year. I went from just past shoulder when I joined to about 1/2" shy of BSL, even with today's trim. I hope to go till June without another trim (except for the bangs). My hair is healthy and happy thanks to the information and hair care I got from this site. My stylist even commented on how healthy it is, it didn't even really need a trim but we removed the "little dead-ends" anyway. Thanks for looking!

spidermom
December 21st, 2011, 04:57 PM
I'm so happy to hear that you have an awesome stylist.

Amber_Maiden
December 21st, 2011, 04:58 PM
wow! Nice growth! Pretty hair! :) Congrats!!!

embee
December 21st, 2011, 05:02 PM
Lookin' good! :) How fortunate you are to have a good stylist. We read so many horror stories.

Happy growing.

Trish in SC
December 21st, 2011, 05:23 PM
So shiney it looks like it's glowing! Great hair. Great color.

Was it all one length before? What made you decide to get bangs? (just curious)

Lisa R
December 21st, 2011, 06:38 PM
Your hair is looking gorgeous and healthy and shiny. The stylist did a really great job and didn't take off too much.

einna
December 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Beautiful hair, and I love the bangs!

jujube
December 21st, 2011, 07:05 PM
That last picture looks great! The new color, your eyes and skin with that shirt, all of it looks amazing.

Rocket22
December 21st, 2011, 07:21 PM
Beautiful! love the color and the shine. You have had great progress this past year.

patienceneeded
December 21st, 2011, 08:11 PM
So shiney it looks like it's glowing! Great hair. Great color.

Was it all one length before? What made you decide to get bangs? (just curious)

I got the bangs because I felt the all-one-length look was too severe on me when worn up. Since I wear my hair up 80% of the time, I thought bangs would be a good option. I wanted something that looked fun and flirty even when my hair was in a bun. I left what style of bangs up to my stylist, but I did say they needed to be long and broken-up bangs and slightly heavy. The wispy bangs and/or blunt do not work well on me. We decided that a similar bang to Zooey Deschanel would work. My daughter loves my new style, my husband said, "Hmm. It looks...different. I like it. I don't know if I like it more than what you had before though..." Men. 😉

patienceneeded
December 21st, 2011, 08:13 PM
Thank you to everyone who responded! I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

long
December 21st, 2011, 08:17 PM
Your hair looks long and your bangs look really great.

Toiréasa
December 21st, 2011, 08:23 PM
Wow great progress and I think the bangs look great! What do men know anyway :D

jacqueline101
December 21st, 2011, 09:17 PM
I love the cut and your fringe. I'm happy you had a good salon experience.

kanaka
December 21st, 2011, 09:46 PM
Your hair looks healthy, shiny and beautiful :) lovely progress too :)

those bangs look beautiful on you

Miss Maisie
December 21st, 2011, 10:49 PM
LOVE the bangs. When I scrolled down I thought, "AUGGH! I need bangs NOW!"

You look great!

patienceneeded
December 22nd, 2011, 05:41 PM
Thank you everyone! Today my DH said he really liked the bangs, especially with my hair pulled back. So, now everyone is happy!

akilina
December 22nd, 2011, 06:14 PM
yay!! i love the richness. I love even more that you had a great salon visit!!!!! im all for it when people on the lhc here DONT hate all stylists. :] i am one myself it makes me sad that so many hate us and will never come to us again.