PDA

View Full Version : The most "LHC enviable" characteristic your hair has

kaned_ferret
December 21st, 2011, 02:45 PM
I had this in my head the other day, and thought that it would be a good post for us all to add into in order to help us find inspiration and positivity about our hair when we are feeling, well just UGH! about it all!

So what is it about your hair that other LHC'ers may envy? (you don't have to love it yourself, but it will help us appreciate how someone, somewhere thinks favourably about our hair attributes!)

My hair NEVER gets greasy. Never. Not even with months of non-washing when I used to have extensions in. Not even when I leave coconut oil in it! Now for me, I got royally peeved by this dryness as I have to constantly combat it, but then when I spoke to my best friend, who has to wash her hair every day due to the oilies, I thought just how lucky I was really, and that in a way, it's an enviable trait.

Hope this makes sense! So what are your LHC-enviable hair traits?

Amber_Maiden
December 21st, 2011, 02:46 PM
Probably how thick it is :)

beautifulending
December 21st, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hi I'm new and my hair is the same consistency(thick hemline) no matter how I cut it or what I do to it also it is fast growing I got 1 1/2ins this month alone(which can be a pain in the butt when you just got a haircut and a month later it has grown back what you cut off:).

jujube
December 21st, 2011, 02:59 PM
I've never found a split end. Dry, damaged, tapered ends, yes, but never a strand that split into two.

CariadA
December 21st, 2011, 02:59 PM
I guess it does grow faster than some. It grows between .75 inch and 1 inch a month. Other than that, not really anything.

katienoonan
December 21st, 2011, 03:00 PM
That I have some... there are a few members who are on here with alopecia, hair-loss due to illness etc... LHC used to make me feel ashamed of my hair, but over time it has made me feel so lucky for my health in general :crush:

Sorry for the soppy answer :blushing::oops:

invisiblebabe
December 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM
It grows faster than average, about 3/4" per month.

Darkessa
December 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM
My wavyness.
Everyone loooves the wavy nature to my hair.
It holds curl well when manipulated, but can easily be straightened and smoothed.
I love this quality, but hate when I leave it natural and it ends up poofy. :(

CariadA
December 21st, 2011, 03:02 PM
That I have some... there are a few members who are on here with alopecia, hair-loss due to illness etc... LHC used to make me feel ashamed of my hair, but over time it has made me feel so lucky for my health in general :crush:

Sorry for the soppy answer

That's a very good point. That did make me feel much more thankful for my hair.

ladylowtide
December 21st, 2011, 03:02 PM
I have never found a split end in my hair.

katienoonan
December 21st, 2011, 03:04 PM
I have never found a split end in my hair.

:thud::agape:

I think i have never found a hair on my head WITHOUT a split :rollin:

Riyoka
December 21st, 2011, 03:09 PM
Um, I guess maybe the thickness? Or the texture & waviness of it when I braid it. Honestly, I get sooo sick of my hair sometimes. I hate how frizzy it is - especially after I wash it but then the next day the length looks shinier but the scalp is greasy. >.<

NaiadOreiad
December 21st, 2011, 03:11 PM
1. waves and occasional romantic curls.
2 softness!

skyblue
December 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM
I think the color and the shininess of it, I get comments about that a lot ;)

Mayflower
What a great, positive thread :)
I think my thickness is 'enviable', and the waviness which is great for holding curls. And indeed, that I have hair and that I haven't experienced major sheds yet (*knock on wood*). I'm super grateful for that.

vanillabones
Your non greasy trait is definietly enviable to me. I wash daily due to my oiliness and have tried stretching washes for years with dry shampoo and just letting myself be an oil slick for a week with nothing better to do, but alas, I still wash it daily / every other day to look somewhat presentable. I do use non SLS.

My hair trait that would be enviable by LHCers is the fact that when it is very long (hip+) It would/will be not too heavy as to give me headaches or pain. However, after having a pixie since I was 14 and now being a little past shoulder length I can already feel the weight especially in the shower :) not that I mind!

A. Correira
December 21st, 2011, 03:28 PM
My hair is amazingly soft! I love how soft it is! This recently started once I joined lhc! Thanks lhc!

jacqueline101
December 21st, 2011, 03:29 PM
I'd guess the growth rate.

spidermom
December 21st, 2011, 03:32 PM
Maintains thickness through the ends. There's some taper in thickness, yes, but it's still pretty thick all the way down.

MsBubbles
December 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM
Umm...the stick-straightedness of it? :hmm: Not sure why anybody would want to even straighten their lovely waves anyway, but there have been threads about it and straighteners seem to be popular :).

Quixii
December 21st, 2011, 03:36 PM
A lot of people on here are envious of the combination of my length and curls. :)

lunamummy
December 21st, 2011, 03:47 PM
Lovely, positive idea for a thread! And just what I need when I'm feeling so down about hair loss. So my positive characteristic about my hair is that, although I've lost so much, it does seem happy to grow back. Long may it continue!!

chelshireling
December 21st, 2011, 03:48 PM
thickness and curlyness definatly:D

Zesty
December 21st, 2011, 03:50 PM
Thickness is probably one, and the fact that my hair barely tapers even with nearly two years of not trimming. And I've gotten some compliments on the dimension/variability of my natural hair color. And of course softness.

This is a good idea, I've been really frustrated with my hair lately (winter weather, blah), and this reminds me that I really have a lot to be thankful for. :)

vanity_acefake
December 21st, 2011, 03:52 PM
The fact that after all the years of abuse and torment I inflicted on my hair, it doesn't hold a grudge!
:)

raveness13
December 21st, 2011, 03:55 PM
My hair gets greasy slowly. Even with the dryness I have never found a split end. Dry, rough, coarse ends, yes, but no splits. My hair usually maintains a nice straight hem as well.

Grillz
December 21st, 2011, 03:59 PM
The fact that after all the years of abuse and torment I inflicted on my hair, it doesn't hold a grudge!

Yes, mine is a forgiver too! I also don't really shed too majorly and I don't have split ends.

I am definitely envious of the non-greasies and of anyone who can keep their hair tangle-free!

Irish Fae
December 21st, 2011, 04:02 PM
I think that is a really lovely answer! You have a wonderful outlook! Also, I adore your hair. It is gorgeous! :-)

Sorry for the soppy answer :blushing::oops:

MissManda
December 21st, 2011, 04:03 PM
I tend to get comments on my thickness/hemline, growth speed, and shine. Tangles aren't a huge issue for me, either, and I definitely think that is enviable. :)

BerryFlap
December 21st, 2011, 04:08 PM
I dye my hair a pretty light blonde and it resists damage. I don't get splits, dryness, breakage or thinning and no damage (even looked at it under a microscope. Science lessons really are useful sometimes ;D)

spidermom
December 21st, 2011, 04:09 PM
I'm envious of stick-straightness, MsBubbles.

BlazingHeart
December 21st, 2011, 04:09 PM
Hmm. My hair is thick, grows fast, has very little taper, and is unbelievably tough. I have never found a split end and I get very few tangles.

The downsides, though, do add up. Heavy, hot, and so very thick I couldn't even do a Cinnabun till waist. I have also literally come close to drowning because of it.

Nannanej
December 21st, 2011, 04:18 PM
Umm...the stick-straightedness of it? :hmm: Not sure why anybody would want to even straighten their lovely waves anyway, but there have been threads about it and straighteners seem to be popular :).

We seem to have the exact same hair type, so yeah, me too with the straightness (:
Also, fine hair can be really soft/silky!

isabelx
December 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
How thick it is :)

andreamuse
December 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Although I have fine hair on the thinner side, I almost never get split ends. My hair is very resilient. Also it's super soft.

Nae
December 21st, 2011, 04:22 PM
It can be kinda straight somedays and really curly others I am not stuck in on one side of the spectrum or the other so WIN!

Alex Lou
December 21st, 2011, 04:23 PM
My hair:
-Is thick
-Is strong
-Is a vibrant color
-Has natural waves
-Has plenty of sebum to keep it strong ;)
-Has a decent growth rate

Pallas
December 21st, 2011, 04:25 PM
I think the softness of it. It's really soft and smooth-feeling, even if it's not having great day look-wise :)

Also I sometimes quite like the wurly and spiral-at-the-ends-but-almost-straight-on-top texture

Danelliia
December 21st, 2011, 04:27 PM
OP, I am SO jealous! I always try to stretch out washes for as long as I can.

As for myself, some people would be envious of my thickness or curls. I enjoy both, but sometimes I'm jealous of those with straight/thinner hair. I've been told my hair grows on the fast side, which would be something to be jealous of, although I've never measured my hair regularly to know if it does grow faster then average.

spike316
December 21st, 2011, 04:28 PM
Um, I guess maybe the thickness? Or the texture & waviness of it when I braid it. Honestly, I get sooo sick of my hair sometimes. I hate how frizzy it is - especially after I wash it but then the next day the length looks shinier but the scalp is greasy. >.<

Have you tried dry shampoo or cornstarch? I have the same problem and that helps me! ^_^

Shuan
December 21st, 2011, 04:33 PM
I guess it grows pretty fast, really need to measure it some times. Other than that, I donīt think my hair has any outstanding positive qualities. :D

Mountaingrrl
December 21st, 2011, 04:40 PM
Great thread!
I'd say my most LHC-enviable trait is my wurly texture -- when well taken care of as it is now, I rarely have to trim it either for damage or looks. The hemline is soft and thick, and the curls can frame my face in a variety of ways.

MsBubbles
December 21st, 2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks, Spidermom. Not that I did anything to earn it.:)

We seem to have the exact same hair type, so yeah, me too with the straightness (:
Also, fine hair can be really soft/silky!

I just saw your new album photo (before posting here) and said to myself "That's gotta be 1a/F/ii!".

julliams
December 21st, 2011, 04:42 PM
I'm guessing my wave pattern, my colour and my growth speed (although it is only just above average). That's what many people at LHC have complimented me on. I feel very blessed.

Rain
December 21st, 2011, 04:44 PM
My hair grows fast and it's shiny. You can't tell my age to look at my hair. It has the same look that it did when I was a child.

Lilli
December 21st, 2011, 04:49 PM
I think mine would be the color. It's a nice medium blonde, a cool gold.

kaned_ferret
December 21st, 2011, 05:02 PM
I'm going to add my texture - not that I particularly enjoy it, but I suspect it is LHC envy-worthy as it has the kind of wurl that can be encouraged into fat corkscrews, or combed out when wet to achieve big fat S waves that corkscrew just at the ends and nape. I have personally hated it for years as it's neither curly nor straight, and generally as a result has always been frizzy... BUT, since discovering the LHC, I am learning to work WITH my texture rather than against, and I have been a lot happier with it since then.

I am also a natural redhead, so henna just makes the colour wowsa!

I love LHC for making me realise how wonderful what I always had is!

jaine
December 21st, 2011, 05:09 PM
100&#37; virgin, never touched a flat iron or curling iron, no splits

Kira94
December 21st, 2011, 05:16 PM
It grows about an inch a month and I've never found a split end. :)

CrunchyMama
December 21st, 2011, 05:18 PM
Ugh, I don't know, but this is a great idea... We need to be more thankful for what we've got. I would have said length before discovering LHC, but I don't think many LHCers would be genuinely envious of my straggly pathetic excuse for WL hair, although non-LHCers seem to love it. ;)

I guess I'm going to go with softness--my hair always feels so nice and soft and silky, even though it doesn't LOOK particularly soft and silky. And possibly its ability to withstand abuse, like someone else mentioned. I abused it sorely and yet it went from BSL to WL in less than a year.

ElusiveMuse
December 21st, 2011, 05:21 PM
My hair is easily styled in either lovely wurlies or sleek and straighter with very little manipulation or product. Just let it air dry for wurlies and damp bun for sleek. Smooth on a little oil and it's good either way.

amantha
December 21st, 2011, 06:04 PM
I have gotten comments from friends that my hair is very soft and shiny...so I guess I would say those are my LHC-enviable traits.

BeautifulSoup
December 21st, 2011, 06:20 PM
The lightness of my hair. It doesn't feel heavy on my head when I bun it.

Lisa R
December 21st, 2011, 06:27 PM
I like how shiny my hair is. I like how I can easily get it straight or curley without much effort.

Ahhhh, the thinness... Must think positive!!:)

ravenreed
December 21st, 2011, 06:28 PM
My hair is fairly sturdy. It has taken a lot of abuse over the years and is still growing strong. Also, my hair is very shiny. There are times it almost has a mirror shine. I don't like it to be and mattify it, but others here would appreciate it.

Milui Elenath
December 21st, 2011, 06:38 PM
This is a great thread. I couldn't think of anything at first (in particular) but then as I read others post it reminded me of LOTS and now I don't know why I was feeling so bad about it today! :)

I hardly shed and my length is also enviable. My extremely easy transition to Water only because of my excessively dry hair might be enviable (but the dryness drives me crazy -very crazy) I also get comments on my colour.

einna
December 21st, 2011, 06:43 PM
I think my thickness, and maybe that my hair has some natural volume?

Not sure if this counts, but it is also almost virgin (2 inches left) and has not been touched with any high heat irons. =)

ETA: my hair also has natural highlights and different colourings, a trait I think is appreciated here.

ladylovecraft
December 21st, 2011, 07:07 PM
Probably the only thing is how resilient my hair is. I've never found a split on my head, ever. And I used to bleach my hair near-white. I've even taken the time to look at other long hair on other people to see if I even know what a split looks like. And I do--I see plenty of them on other people, I just don't get them.

CurlyCap
December 21st, 2011, 07:18 PM
My hair has a lot of attitude, without even trying.

I get a lot of comments on "How did you do that?"

"Uh, I woke up?"

Yeah. It's big and always different, and after seeing my friends struggle with styling, I'm sorta happy for that.

Loviatar
December 21st, 2011, 07:21 PM
I don't have much of it any more, but it's almost virgin hair now, and after a week of shampoo bars it shines like glass. Much much more so than it did with sulphates and silicones.

Miss Catrina
December 21st, 2011, 07:22 PM
My hair is soft to the point that one of my friends says she wants a pillow stuffed with it.

beccababesx
December 21st, 2011, 07:31 PM
Not much... It's very thick, but other than that, my hair is nothing special on LHC (boohoo :p ) the 'real' world however seems to think it's freakishly long and healthy! All thanks to my lovely LHC <3

eezepeeze
December 21st, 2011, 07:40 PM
I think it would have to be the curls, the thickness, and the manageability...seems like lots of curlies struggle with styling them, but my hair is a nice texture, not too coarse, not too fine. Also, my hair holds a style well, doesn't fall out of updos and does well in braids. Also, it doesn't get greasy easily. Now that I start thinking about it, I have pretty good hair! HAHA! It will help to remember all this when I'm going crazy with my hair. :-)

rhubarbarin
December 21st, 2011, 07:50 PM
My hair has had many issues since I joined LHC, but no matter what it doesn't tangle. I know, I don't understand how that's possible either!

Copasetic
December 21st, 2011, 07:52 PM
My hair grows quite quickly. Obviously curls eat up some length, but my actual growth is pretty fast.

Sunshineliz
December 21st, 2011, 08:02 PM
Hmm....perhaps my versatility with my color? I have silver streaks and some sprinkles on top, and if you like that sort of thing, it makes for some interesting looks. If I part on the left I split my biggest streak and look very silver with brown on the ends (from the front anyway:p.) If I part in the middle I look frosted with a streak on my left and a smaller one on my right. If I part on my right, I look mostly brown with a large streak of silver on the left and small ones on the right. And if I put up my hair, the silver spreads on top and takes over most of my head!

Other than that, it seems to grow fairly fast and I haven't had much problem getting it long in the past, pre-LHC.

sun-kissed
December 21st, 2011, 08:15 PM
My hair is so damaged and annoying right now that it's really hard for me to think of anything enviable about it. I suppose how straight it is could be something someone else would love, it's funny because at school my curly-hair idol has me as her straight-hair idol. It was really awesome when we realized that we were in awe about each other's hair. Just goes to show you that each person's hair is special, no matter how much they may hate it, lol!

AspenSong
December 21st, 2011, 08:26 PM
Well it's hard for me to come up with anything since I'm so blah on my hair at times...but I'd say possibly the fine-ness because "if" you can get it up in a bun to stay, it's surely not heavy and neck breaking. :rolleyes:

And also it's pin straight unless I bun it, I lack any natural wave or texture. So if you want that flat ironed look, I've got it naturally! haha

Vanilla
December 21st, 2011, 09:03 PM
I've gotten compliments on my color here as well as my natural highlights. I'm a natural dark neutral blonde.

Maraz
December 21st, 2011, 09:09 PM
Because so many on here are growing their hair from fairly short to waist or longer, just having hip length hair might be a little envy-worthy, especially since it's un-dyed and un-permed, so there is no chemical damage to grow out. Other than that, my hair is fairly mediocre, but I enjoy it much more when it's longer than when it's short, so I'm happy!

aisha.christine
December 21st, 2011, 09:26 PM
Hmm... well it's really thick :p I know lots of people like thick hair
It's also really shiny most of the time.

lacefrost
December 21st, 2011, 10:18 PM
My thickness. I have a 6" pony circ. A lot of people here love my curliness even though it can drive me nuts.

Sparkette
December 21st, 2011, 10:34 PM
I have three things I think others might like.

1)My hair has a rather fine strand size but still manages to be of average thickness or more.
2)Very little taper. I find this difficult to work with for many hairstyles but it is wonderful for braids and just wearing it down.
3)My personal favorite :bluesmile if I brush it when it is 95% dry after washing, it looks just like I blow dried it-but no heat!

woolyleprechaun
December 21st, 2011, 11:01 PM
WEll, this thread has certainly got my day off to a good start:)! Im so busy complaining about my hair, I never stop to notice its redeeming features. Its quite thick, very soft and glossy, and has natural waves that can be encouraged as curls or smoothed out. I usualy hate the fact I have mousy blond hair, but the bonus is my henna stands out well:o! Its lovely to hear you all being positive, btw :) all so beautiful!

FroggyMonkeyMom
December 21st, 2011, 11:38 PM
Color, I think. Coppery, reddish brownish blondish, I get a few comments on it. Though I would like it to be a bit more red (Donna on That 70's Show.)

And no split ends

Alhumdulillah (praise the Lord) thankful to have decent enough hair when others suffer from hair loss :-( hopeful that they find solutions

Charlotte:)
December 21st, 2011, 11:39 PM
My hair feels like silk, and it's too slippery to tangle much. It is also quite shiney even though it is dirty blonde :)

vdhendrix
December 21st, 2011, 11:42 PM
maybe that my hair is shiny

hypersensitive
December 21st, 2011, 11:47 PM
We can be our own worse critics sometimes, you know? Sometimes it's good to think positively.

My hair is slippery, shiny and thick. It's fun to put it all in a knot, watch it unravel and fall loose! Cones help immensely. =D

Nedertane
December 21st, 2011, 11:55 PM
I don't have to use a straightener of any kind. Ever. :D

Theorist
December 21st, 2011, 11:58 PM
How long and straight it is.

AcornMystic
December 22nd, 2011, 12:03 AM
In dim to somewhat normal lighting my hair looks black. In normal lighting my hair looks dark brown but if the light catches it right, light brown can be seen. In bright light my hair looks like a combination of light brown and red. This is due to my red hair turning to dark chocolate when I was younger. My highlights, for the most part, have remained.

Other than that... My hair is like cat fur. Fine and soft. So pleasant to stroke and therapeutic, just like the affects of stroking a cat. My hair accomplishes this without the use of cones. My hair is not very coarse like pubic hair. Sorry, it was a joke I saw one time about coarse-haired folk. I thought it was funny. Good to laugh a little at ourselves and what we have sometimes.

I, however, have much more to be enviable of than what others would envy of me, but hey, I love my hair all the same. *mentally hugs every strand of hair on her head*

EDIT: I totally forgot to add that I am 100&#37; virgin. With all the henna-ing going on around here, and the fact that my hair is short, I figured that wouldn't be something to envy too much, but then I realized there are people just like how I was that are growing out damage, some from scratch (I've been growing out for a year), because they want virgin hair, whether they choose to henna it afterwards or not.

Aliped
December 22nd, 2011, 12:08 AM
I've never found a split end. Dry, damaged, tapered ends, yes, but never a strand that split into two.

Snap .... well not literally, but me too! Fairy tale ends, just past tail bone - not a single split!

Nedertane
December 22nd, 2011, 12:10 AM
In dim to somewhat normal lighting my hair looks black. In normal lighting my hair looks dark brown but if the light catches it right, light brown can be seen. In bright light my hair looks like a combination of light brown and red. This is due to my red hair turning to dark chocolate when I was younger. My highlights, for the most part, have remained.

Ah, yes, natural highlights. Heh, they make me put on my "AWWW YEEAAHH!" face. Mine are blonde, though I never had light blonde hair as a child (it's always been a borderline dark blonde/light brown color, which I have grown to love :)).

maria_asa
December 22nd, 2011, 12:50 AM
For me I guess it would be the softness. I've also gotten compliments about the colours which vary from dark, ashy blonde to medium reddish brown depending on the light.
The length might also be envialbe but since it's so thin at the ends maybe not so much.

Lissandria
December 22nd, 2011, 01:06 AM
Soft shiny ringlets. :) My hair likes to hold a grudge though.

DancingQueen
December 22nd, 2011, 01:42 AM
Either my waves, or the fact that I rarely get split ends. Thin and nasty ends, yes, but not split ends. :)

Dragon Faery
December 22nd, 2011, 01:43 AM
Yay! A happy thread! :)

Hmm...pretty much everything can be turned into a positive, so here goes:

My hair looks way thicker than it is, which is nice because it gives me the volume without the weight.
It tapers, which makes it easier to do some buns at shorter lengths.
It curls romantically on top (2c/3a), but the bottom layers are 1b-ish, so it doesn't lose much total length to wurls.
It ombres (which I like), and right as the ends get to be the particular red I like, they split and get all velcro-ey ... So I can easily tell when and where I need to trim.
It's very thirsty, so I can castor oil my scalp about 3 nights out of 4 without turning into a greaseball ... And more castor oil means faster growth.
The coarseness is just enough to help in holding updos, while it's just smooth enough to have a little shine.
My premature silver sparklers are silver-white rather than gray, and they are thick and strong and give a good sparkle. Also, they look like my grandma's, which reminds me of her whenever I see them.
At times, it grows quickly.

Alsatian
December 22nd, 2011, 02:03 AM
My curls! I never knew how awesome my hair must look until I came on here and saw how it looks on other people!

Hypnotica
December 22nd, 2011, 02:21 AM
Let's see..

- The length.
- The speedy growth.
- Shine, colour and thickness.
- The thickness.

Libbylou
December 22nd, 2011, 02:39 AM
I guess someone would be envious of the shine, straightness, and softness of my hair.
When I get my bangs trimmed the stylist always remarks on the health of my hair.

maria_tasha
December 22nd, 2011, 03:13 AM
For me :

- great shine
- it's always straight (which drives me crazy)
- the color: it's black

LovingLife
December 22nd, 2011, 03:41 AM
Okay :)
It took henna very well despite being dark and now has a beautiful reddish gloss which is visible however is still very dark and complimentary.
It has started this year growing about an inch a month curly (touch wood hehe) meaning that from just below shoulder to BSL has taken around 4 to 5 months meaning I will hit my goal length rather quickly if this continues.
I have gotten a lot of comments for texture.
Since henna it is very soft and doesn't tangle at all with very minimum shed.
I don't ever use heat and have never dyed.

Oksana
December 22nd, 2011, 06:47 AM
My hair has had many issues since I joined LHC, but no matter what it doesn't tangle. I know, I don't understand how that's possible either!

I would love my hair to have this attribute! ^^ :thud:

Mine would have to be how light my natural colour is. I don't think there are a lot of long and natural light blondes!

Dorothy
December 22nd, 2011, 07:29 AM
My hair is lovely by non LHC standards, but doesn't have any attributes that an LHCer would envy.

However, I have a lot of patience, and no urges to cut, and I think some would find that enviable. I also have a lot of hair acceptance, as in I look at all the beautiful hair on LHC and enjoy it, but I also enjoy my own hair a great deal. And it's waist length, someone might envy that.

sweet*things
December 22nd, 2011, 07:35 AM
My hair is very, very soft and almost never tangles.

LaceyNg
December 22nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
... My hair trait that would be enviable by LHCers is the fact that when it is very long (hip+) It would/will be not too heavy as to give me headaches or pain...

this! i never looked at my fine hair that way! thanks, vanillabones, for helping me see it in a better light!

.... ETA: my hair also has natural highlights and different colourings, a trait I think is appreciated here.

and this too! seen from the front when its up i think it looks a little odd on me, but i imagine when its really long it'll be pretty.... hopefully :)

Hmm....perhaps my versatility with my color? I have silver streaks and some sprinkles on top, and if you like that sort of thing, it makes for some interesting looks. If I part on the left I split my biggest streak and look very silver with brown on the ends (from the front anyway:p.) If I part in the middle I look frosted with a streak on my left and a smaller one on my right. If I part on my right, I look mostly brown with a large streak of silver on the left and small ones on the right. And if I put up my hair, the silver spreads on top and takes over most of my head!.....

man, thats so cool, Sunshineliz i hope m hair goes silver like that!

....1)My hair has a rather fine strand size but still manages to be of average thickness or more....

i suppose you're right on this one. i always thought my hair classified as thinner than it is, but i checked a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised! :p

.... I usualy hate the fact I have mousy blond hair, but the bonus is my henna stands out well....

yeah, add me to this one too!

this thread has really helped me see my hair in a better light! thanks, OP! :D

pepperminttea
December 22nd, 2011, 07:47 AM
I don't know. :shrug: It's such an in-between-y type, there's nothing it does particularly well (besides tangling :p ). But I am very thankful that I have it generally, and that I haven't suffered any major sheds or hair loss. :)

CastaDiva
December 22nd, 2011, 08:36 AM
That my hair is super soft from root to tip:)

neverever
December 22nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
I actually got alot of complements on my hair today :D Many people likes my natural spiral curls and my volume. But its not long at all :( But it never tangles and is soft. I have not brushed my hair for years! Just finger comb it sometimes, but its not necessary;)

cooklaezo13
December 22nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
My hair is thick and coarse . . . I have lots of it! My ponytail circumference is 3.5 inches and that's not measuring with all the hair because some of my hair is still too short to get in the ponytail.
I have natural highlights.
My hair doesn't tangle easily.

Chamomile betty
December 22nd, 2011, 09:04 AM
People are facinated with my updos. I am always wearing my hair up.
Also, I have alot of wavy/curly thick hair and my color is something people comment on. I've let my natural color grow out and just highlight the top/front. It looks very natural yet has a pop of very light blond in the front. I always get complitments on my color.

Sagi1982
December 22nd, 2011, 09:06 AM
It's thick, almost indestructable and shiny. And very simple to care for. :cheese:

princessp
December 22nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
My hair is at tailbone now, so I would guess the length is what most people here would like most. :)

princessp
December 22nd, 2011, 09:09 AM
I don't know. :shrug: It's such an in-between-y type, there's nothing it does particularly well (besides tangling :p ). But I am very thankful that I have it generally, and that I haven't suffered any major sheds or hair loss. :)

I would say length, color, shine, and wave (or is that braid-wave in your picture? No matter). And slightly off topic I also covet your hairtoys-hehe. :p

holothuroidea
December 22nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
Best thread ever! (I love it.)

My enviable hair traits:
-Crazy shine!
-Super soft!
-Grows lightning fast! (Last month it grew 1-1/4 inches :cool:)
-What does a split end look like? Seriously, I've never seen one in my whole life.

I have super hair! (Ignoring the fragility, the finicky build up issues, and the schizowaves, thinness and flatness....)

lapushka
December 22nd, 2011, 09:17 AM
I guess the thickness, and the fact that my hemline stays quite thick while it grows.

PinkyCat
December 22nd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Curly, hyper shiny, no splits ever!

hyettf16
December 22nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
I like my color. Dark brown with tones of copper in the light. And I love my slight curl at the ends.

Alvrodul
December 22nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
What a wonderful thread this is!

My hair's best points are:
The shine!! That tends to garner me a number of compliments.
Also the color. I henna, and I looooove the color - and it helps with the shine, too! :gabigrin:
Now that I have gotten rid of the last of the chemical damage, my hair has fairly few splits. And I have a good hemline for a finie at tailbone! :D
Something that other LHCers will appreciate, is how laid-back my hair is with respect to products! Currently I use non-coney products (CV poo bars, to be precise), and only use SLSy shampoo occasionally to clarify, but my hair does just fine with SLS and cones too. I just make sure I stay away from the Body Shop rainforest line - that is insta-buildup!!:p
And of course I love my length - and do of course want more of it! Updos give me an enormous chance of variety - and I have a nice collection of hairtoys, too, when I want to play with my hair! :D

Nightshade
December 22nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
I honestly don't know :shrug:

Probably that it looks somewhat elvish, but I'm open to suggestions :)

LittleOrca
December 22nd, 2011, 10:17 AM
Shine...

I hear my fairytale ends are coveted, but I am not sure why hehe.

sibiryachka
December 22nd, 2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks to henna and coconut oil, it's shiny and soft.

pepperminttea
December 22nd, 2011, 10:28 AM
I would say length, color, shine, and wave (or is that braid-wave in your picture? No matter). And slightly off topic I also covet your hairtoys-hehe. :p

Thank you so much! :o (They are indeed braidwaves. The shine is mostly camera flash and hair that's still a tiny bit damp. But thank you anyway. :D )

kaned_ferret
December 22nd, 2011, 11:48 AM

Well if it's your hair in the pic of the person sitting overlooking the pool, then I would say length, shine, health, a lovely colour... it looks like it flows, which is something my hair will never do lol :)

kanaka
December 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Silky and shine :)
everyone compliments me about these two a lot

Rain
December 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM

The color, for me. I couldn't achieve that shade of red with henna.

Hiriel
December 22nd, 2011, 12:10 PM
My hair does get greasy, though slowly. But the thing is - the greasier it gets, the better it looks! It might feel greasy if I touch it, but it doesn't look greasy, it just looks smoother and shinier than usual.

Nightshade
December 22nd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Well if it's your hair in the pic of the person sitting overlooking the pool, then I would say length, shine, health, a lovely colour... it looks like it flows, which is something my hair will never do lol :)

The color, for me. I couldn't achieve that shade of red with henna.

Yep, that's me in front of the pool in my profile pic :)

Seems like color it is :cloud9: Which makes me happy, because I worked so damn hard to get it that color :lol:

Nera
December 22nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
I have a lot of hair.

SwordWomanRiona
December 22nd, 2011, 02:06 PM
Nice thread! Let us see, LHC-enviable traits about my hair...

-The length, I suppose...:)
-My hair is always shiny, and silky (no conditioner needed). Flowing, too.
-Some members seem to admire the colour (I've henna'ed), but it isn't as red as I would want it to be in many lightings, as yet :D.
-Some have mentioned that my hair looks 'Elvish' :).
-I've never experienced dry ends. I don't need oils.
ETA: I forgot about this: My hair, being very fine, dries very quickly, in half an hour even, despite its being at classic length.

ingvild
December 22nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
My hair is extremely low-maintenance. It doesn't really respond well to oiling or excessive conditioning - it just gets too moisturized... so, I don't have to do that. :D It doesn't really tangle either, and it is quite resilient (doesn't get many splits despite my having worn it a lot down and in ponytails lately, just begging for mechanical damage).

Tennessee Rose
December 22nd, 2011, 02:23 PM
I think thickness and curls...I don't see the point, but this is what people tends to comment. Fewer people like my hair color...but I find it quite ordinary.

I hate my wild curls though I'm trying to do my best to get to love them a bit more. Yeah I feel like a mother... If they behave well I think in a long haired future this will turn much better, but till then my curls are in that akward age.

RapunzelKat
December 22nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
Let's see... When it is on its best behavior, my hair is super-shiny, soft, and silky.

piffyanne
December 22nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
I suppose my hair's most enviable trait is how cooperative it is. If I want to do a style, it goes RIGHT along with what I tell it to. It was slightly recalcitrant when I tried rolling it in victory rolls all the way up the length, but that's entirely understandable, as Victory Rolls were created for women with hair around shoulder-length, NOT classic. I've seen on several websites that it CAN'T be done with Classic, but my hair proved that wrong. Proves my point about cooperativity right, though.

Does anyone ELSE think that the vital statistics of our hair listed next to each post (see left for mine :p) should have a slot for a short version of an lhc-admirable quality to your hair? It would help ME to remember to be positive about what's growing out of my head, and wonder if anyone else would get a morale boost from it, as well?:)

leslissocool
December 22nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
I have a couple I guess :).

-The texture: My hair has BIG wave/curl. No one in my family has it that way, I get the"Victoria Secret" hair comment a lot!

- Growth: my hair grows over one inch a month. I got over 12 inches of growth in one year or no trims, even if I have severe damage in the ends (I bleached my hair before, it's been only 2 and 1/2 years since I stopped and the bleach damage is only in the ends now).

- Coarse: I can use one strand as floss without breaking it! My hair is super dark and super coarse.

I with my hair was softer though! Overall I like my hair, although I do like light hair.

ArienEllariel
December 22nd, 2011, 03:08 PM
It's super soft. Almost like babyfine kids' hair.

ArienEllariel
December 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
My hair is soft to the point that one of my friends says she wants a pillow stuffed with it.

Goodness, I wouldn't say no to a pillow stuffed with fine hair..:p I'd imagine it would be so lovely and soft.

That reminds me.. I once tried a chair which had a horse hair stuffed seat. Most comfortable chair I've ever sat on.

coffinhert
December 22nd, 2011, 03:31 PM
My hair is really soft and silky to touch. That's definitely my favorite thing about it!

dwell_in_safety
December 22nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
The thickness of my hair. It also has plenty of body and will hold pretty much any style with great ease. The texture when longer is beautiful as well, with ringlets forming at the ends. I really love my hair when healthy.

PianoPlaye
December 22nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
My hair -
doesn't hold (much of) a grudge.
has a lot of different (virgin) colours in including white & grey & silver & pewter as well as the rusty blonde, mouse & cinnamon wisps. Yeay for natural highlights!
doesn't appear to want to tangle.

The boo hiss list runs to three phone books, but I do love the colours.

DarkSky
December 22nd, 2011, 09:03 PM
My hair can go between straight and curly/wavy easily and is pretty resilient to heat... That part I like. Also my hair looks really thick...but that part I don't like as much LOL!

Carissamarie08
December 22nd, 2011, 09:10 PM
my hair is super thick and coarse and can withstand a lot of abuse...
but I actually dont like my thickness...

rapunzhell13
December 22nd, 2011, 10:00 PM
~ Very thick
~ "Mermaid" waves naturally
~ Holds styles easily, both curly and straight
~ Resilient
~ Soaks up henna
~ Responds well to benign neglect

One thing I don't like about my hair is that I would have to bleach if I wanted bright colours. I suppose we can't have everything though! I'm very happy with my hair. :)

gogirlanime
December 22nd, 2011, 10:11 PM
What a cool thread and so positive! It comes to show that with all our flaws all of us have something special about our hair

Mine would be softness. I have fine hair so it's baby soft :D

xoerincolleen
December 22nd, 2011, 10:18 PM
I've never dyed my hair, but it has a lot of natural highlights and I often get compliments on the color. And, it grows pretty fast!

Henna Princess
December 22nd, 2011, 10:55 PM
My hair is very soft and silky, it has a healthy shine, it can go from pin straight to wavy if I want too, and everybody says it's like baby hair.

auburntressed
December 22nd, 2011, 11:20 PM
My hair doesn't tangle. Ever. When I am in the shower, and I rinse off shampoo or conditioner, the water flowing down it is enough to work out any tangles that the washing might have caused. I can put my hair up into pretty much any style without brushing or combing.

My hair is super shiny.

I have never met anyone whose hair was as thick as mine. That includes all of the women of other nationalities and races that typically have super thick hair. Granted, I know there are people out there who have thicker hair than I do - I have seen pictures and stuff online. But as of yet, I have never personally met anyone.

almond
December 23rd, 2011, 01:05 AM
What a great thread!
My hair is soft and silky, and apparently appreciates all the extra care I give.

slz
December 23rd, 2011, 05:00 AM
Length. And thickness, fast growth rate, resilience, which are what allow the length to happen.

Melisande
December 23rd, 2011, 06:06 AM
Wow, what a great idea for a thread! Let's see...

The last time I saw a split end must have been when I was 16. And that's some 31 years ago... my hair doesn't split.

My hair is neither thin nor thick, it's a manageable thickness. I'm content with it.

My hair has usually great shine, it reacts well to henna, cassia and katam, and it's much stronger and more resilient since I started using them.

My growth rate is fine. I like the colour. I like my routine. I like updos and hairtoys, and I like it open. I have reconciled with my texture - I have always loved and admired wurly heads but my nearly completely straight hair has great advantages, too.

My scalp doesn't get greasy quickly, and it's easy to take care of.

I see many more beautiful heads of hair around here but I'm very content with mine and wouldn't change my hair if I could.

arcane
December 23rd, 2011, 07:06 AM
Hmmm...

1. My hair will hold any style very easily with minimum heat or styling products
2. It grows pretty evenly all over
3. While it tangles, it's never a tight tangle and is very very easy to untangle
4. Despite being dry from abuse my hair is still very shiney

intothemist1999
December 23rd, 2011, 07:52 AM
I doubt LHCers would "envy" my hair for its characteristics, cuz they have them, too! Maybe the ones who are pre-LHC or newbs might, on their way to long hair: well, firstly, it's length :D. It was to TB and I trimmed to waist. Secondly, it's got quite nice shine up top, where it's straightest (but from about neck down the length starts getting waving and doesn't show much shine).

PixxieStix
December 23rd, 2011, 09:35 AM
Alright, we'll give this a shot!

- My natural color is a medium auburn color with natural lighter highlights in there, and I have been told numerous times that women pay a lot of money to get what I have naturally, but I like it with the red boost Henna gives it. =)
- My hair is decently thick, pony circumference is 3.75-3.8, but can't get all the hair in there yet.
- My hair is naturally stick straight, *maybe* has one slight wave in there somewhere (can't say for certain because it's been over 8 years since my hair was long, and of course I didn't pay attention back then!), and I hear flat ironing hair to get it straight is popular.
- As my hair grows I maintain a nice thick hemline with little trimming.
- Since oil shampoo and finding LHC, my hair has been very shiny and I get complimented on that a lot. :D

The only two traits I wish my hair had was faster growth speed, and for the top to fill in some more. I am debating on trying castor oil with my scalp massages once my hair gets long enough to do into decent updos. All in all though, I have hair on my head that is mine, it grows, it's decently strong, thick but not too thick, and has a pretty color. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

BrightEyes
December 23rd, 2011, 09:35 AM
Love this thread! My hair is very soft and silky. Even when it was longer and more damaged, I often got compliments on its softness.

long&blonde
December 23rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
My waviness. I'll enjoy the feeling of being drenched in an after work rainstorm. Just run my fingers thru to untangle & flip all my drenched hair on my back. No mirror, it drys on the busride home;I look in a mirror then, incredibly wavy/curly, even now, at TB.

wicked kisses
December 23rd, 2011, 10:02 AM
I have to say that what I love about my hair, and what I think others envy, is how 'warm' it feels. My mate loves to come up behind me, snatch out my hair stick(or pencil) and let it fall over his hands. He grabs bunches of it, and puts his face in it, saying "Oooh so warm!"
It also has the texture that the old Edwardian ladies used to use irons to get. Sorta wavy and fluffy.

Coan-Teen
December 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
I think I have a color that a lot of people like. I call it blonette but a lot of people call it strawberry blond. It looks redish in the sun and naturally highlights in the summer. I'm also pretty lucky because my hair loves neglect. The less I wash, the better my hair likes it. :)

ETA: Oh, and I'm also in the can't-find-a-split-to-save-my-life crowd.

catarinalaree
December 23rd, 2011, 11:31 AM
Hmm... this is a hard one!

My hair is extremely strong! I remember being a little one and having girls pull me by my hair and I'd resist to the point of injuring my neck (ouch!) but my hair remained intact and it felt painless.

And my hair has a lot of volume. I really hate this. Even when I got it pin straight, my hair never looked as if it was stuck to my head! (I guess that's a plus haha)

So there are my only characteristics that I guess could be slightly enviable :) You lot are giving me serious hair envy though!

Tabihito
December 23rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Its shininess. And its color, which probably is half the reason it's so shiny. Fine, dark hair tends to look shiny.

Cirafly24
December 23rd, 2011, 06:46 PM

I would say the same of yours, princessp :D I envy your length, color, shine, and wave!

For me, I guess length and maybe color, based on feedback I've received.

luxepiggy
December 24th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Almost no split ends, even if I don't trim for a year or more (^(oo)^)v

rapunzelna
December 24th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Hum....I think the color (black) and it's perfectly straight. Not sure that I wouldn't like more waves, but others seem to like it this way.

celebriangel
December 24th, 2011, 08:14 AM
The fact that I seem to be able to make it dry nicely to wear down without too much trouble. As long as I don't brush it, it doesn't really frizz.

I don't have amazing growth or thickness statistics, but my hair grows on the fast side of average and is reasonably thick, and I definitely appreciate these things.

Renate
December 24th, 2011, 08:30 AM
The only thing i find enviable about my hair is that it is straight and has no frizz. But that's all.

Yame
December 24th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Shiny and hard to tangle!

Darian Moone
December 24th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Grows fast. Very, very fast. Other than that, nothing enviable at all.

mktmgt
December 24th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Maybe the color and thickness. I always have somoene say that they like my hair when I go out. Also my hair is quite a bit of shine and no frizz.

Rennire
December 24th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Probably how I can easily switch between curly or straight.

Hollyfire3
December 24th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I guess i would say thickness for me, the waves are pretty average. I would also add that silkyness is possible or maybe the volume? I see sooo many beautiful heads of hair on here, it is hard to be greatful for my own mane...

apple cupcake
December 24th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Probably that it's pretty shiny and it's naturally quite straight! (: It holds wave and curl well too.

Diamond.Eyes
December 24th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I feel a bit pompous stating what I think people "envy" about me, because I don't necessarily feel comfortable making assumptions like that. Everyone likes different things. But when I get compliments on my hair, it's usually about the color, shininess, thickness, or the good condition that it's in. I'm not sure if it's envy or appreciation when people compliment me, but I'll stick with the latter of the two. I don't like people to feel jealous of me.

Chetanlaiho
December 24th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Going a week without washing has been standard for me, pretty much my entire life. That's, about it actually >_<

jojo
December 24th, 2011, 03:18 PM
well let me think IRL I get complemented on the shine, length, colour and softness and on LHC the shine and softness gets noticed more; I kinda like it too!

justgreen
December 24th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I have very few split ends, which is sort of amazing, since I use 40vol bleach. My hair is healthy, shiny and soft. Oh and for a bleach head, it's quite long. I'm just a couple inches away from Classic.

Xi
December 24th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Well, it's a modest head of hair compared with so many here, but it is obedient. When I wear it down it stays meekly behind my back and attacks no one. Unless I ask it to...;)

Hollyfire3
December 24th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Well, it's a modest head of hair compared with so many here, but it is obedient. When I wear it down it stays meekly behind my back and attacks no one. Unless I ask it to...;)

Aww, your hair looks beautiful in your siggy pic! I am soo cracking up at the number of peoples hair that attacks without comand...i thought i was the only one!

xoxophelia
December 24th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I don't know if there is any thing specific I tend to get complimented on... umm let me check hehe... it seems most of my comments that are about anything specific are about the color and the wave. One person said that my overall coloring complementing each other in a nice and delicate way... so perhaps that?

There isn't too much to envy about my hair but you all just wait. My hair will be down to the floor and then we will see!! *shakes fist* ;)

candycandace
December 24th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Maybe its texture? I honeslty can't find anything about my hair that anyone would envy. It's pretty bleh at this point. :(

Honestwitness
December 24th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Most of the compliments I have received about my hair have been about the color. It's silver (well, actually it's beige), I have never dyed it, and I rarely find splits.

zombi
December 24th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I guess shine and colour are the most commented-on.

skydancer7
December 25th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Crazy thickness, to the point of being a nuisance! Also very very resilient and difficult to damage.

Athena's Owl
December 25th, 2011, 01:02 AM
my hair is so shiny people boggle when i tell them that it's not wet.

MasCat
December 25th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I guess it's three things: the colour, the shine and that it takes on texture really easily (all sorts of braid waves, bun waves, non-heat curls or I can just brush it out when it's a bit damp and then it is just straight :))

InkBones
December 25th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Hmm, I suppose it would have to be the thickness (approx 4.5-5 inches in diameter), and the texture. It's also super duper resilient and barely ever splits or breaks, even with previous dye damage.

kidari
December 25th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I would find it enviable that your hair never gets greasy because mine gets so greasy that when it's short it actually looks like it needs a wash badly even if I wash my hair daily! I used dry shampoo daily in addition to washing daily.

My most LHC enviable hair trait is probably how soft and shiny my hair is. It has qualities of fine hair but it's actually very strong. It can withstand a ton of damage before it really starts to show and still look really healthy and shiny on it's own without products or styling.

TooShort
December 25th, 2011, 04:30 PM
My hair is straight as board. I think the flat iron is a funny tool. Everyone says they love my naturally straight hair. I hated it.. no body, no wave, wont hold a curl..the most it might do on a very odd day is the ends might flip out but that is rare.. I am a child of the 80's Big Hair..um not good for straight hair chicks..so I permed it. I did it a lot. Now my hair reacts badly toward perms so those days are over. Glad straight hair is in..Heck, I am glad natural is in. I still can't give up color..thank the sky and stars above for Henna/Indigo....

Grow, Hair, Grow !!

MissEarlGrey
December 25th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Colour and general health.

piffyanne
December 25th, 2011, 10:52 PM

I envy your hair. Mine is always jumping out to grab on to things. If I'm ever tumbling screaming off the peak of a mountain, it'll probably grab a tree branch and save my life, but until that point--!:rolleyes:

suzye
December 25th, 2011, 11:54 PM
How thick my hair is. It's the only thing hair dressers ever complimented me on!

Merkaba
December 26th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Thickness and waviness.

AnimaSola3o4
December 26th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Natural color and curl.

I can't wait until I can add length to the list!! I am at waist now, which I suppose is enviable to some of the shorter haired peeps, but I'm going for classic!!!

AnimaSola3o4
December 26th, 2011, 12:26 AM
A lot of people on here are envious of the combination of my length and curls. :)

I'm one of them!!! I love your hair!!! It's beautiful. I like how it's relatively flat (in upwards and outwards ways), but still really curly. My hair just always seems to wanna poof.

AnimaSola3o4
December 26th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I also never had splits.... until I actually started seriously examining my ends, which I couldn't do until it was almost BSL, cuz you can't really see all your ends up close til then. And you have to be in the right lighting, and have good vision. My eyes are insanely nearsighted, so when I take my glasses off, it's like having microscope eyes! I'm on the fence about whether or not it's really possible to have hair that just never splits. Not that I would ever wish anyone split ends lol.

ETA:

It's interesting to me though, that those who say they never get splits also get damaged and dry and thin ends. Where as, I've almost never had that problem, but get splits. I wonder if it's just a different way for the same damage to show through? Like maybe the ends of the hair have to be a certain thickness across to actually split? And if you have a lot of taper in your individual strands of hair, maybe there isn't enough to split?

Just thinking out loud here. Might be interesting to do some type of poll.

selenechiba
December 26th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Shine, probably. But I'd give that up in a heartbeat for thickness.

MonaLisa
December 26th, 2011, 03:22 AM
I'd say it natural texture, and shine :)

holothuroidea
December 26th, 2011, 12:39 PM
It's interesting to me though, that those who say they never get splits also get damaged and dry and thin ends. Where as, I've almost never had that problem, but get splits. I wonder if it's just a different way for the same damage to show through? Like maybe the ends of the hair have to be a certain thickness across to actually split? And if you have a lot of taper in your individual strands of hair, maybe there isn't enough to split?

Just thinking out loud here. Might be interesting to do some type of poll.

I think you are right. Maybe you should start a poll thread.

My hair is so fragile that it breaks off before it has a chance to split. My individual strands also have a gradual taper to them. I don't think it's better to have fragile hair than no split ends.

KwaveT
December 26th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I would have to go with color (black), thickness (takes close to three hours to completely air dry even though I am just barely past neck length), and waviness (I get out of bed with many tight "S" waves all throughout my hair). I have to spend about ten minutes getting tangles out and loosening those waves ever morning to make it more managable. My hair has no trouble maintaining curl since even the ends flip up.

mzBANGBANG
December 26th, 2011, 06:35 PM
The best compliment I EVER received was from a Chinese woman who used to trim my hair EVER so slightly (she was AMAZING). She told me my hair felt like real silk. This was years ago, but now I have a goal in mind... CO for a year, then find that lady again!

Cloelia
December 26th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Great thread...I actually had to think for a bit to come up with good things about my hair (should work on that)
My hair gets highlights from the sun *very* quickly - as in after an hour they are noticeable, and I have a permanent "ombre" color situation. I used to hate that, but after stopping the dyes I've realized it's quite nice looking.
Also, now that I'm learning how not to fight my hair, my waves give my fine hair some nice bounce and volume that it wouldn't have otherwise, without being quite as crazy-making as curls can be.

AnnaJamila
December 26th, 2011, 08:05 PM
It's straight and smooth. When I mentioned to someone that I'd never straightened my hair before she didn't believe me! She said there was no way it could come out that smooth and shiny without being straightened. :D

gogirlanime
December 26th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I feel a bit pompous stating what I think people "envy" about me, because I don't necessarily feel comfortable making assumptions like that. Everyone likes different things. But when I get compliments on my hair, it's usually about the color, shininess, thickness, or the good condition that it's in. I'm not sure if it's envy or appreciation when people compliment me, but I'll stick with the latter of the two. I don't like people to feel jealous of me.

As you say this. I'm not jealous, it's more like "damn it's more work for me" I really wish I had your hair color naturally I have to do a lot of work to get it that color. Natural red hair is a big "envy" here I think. Your hair color is super gorgeous!