PDA

View Full Version : The Bun from Heaven!!!

Gvnagitlvgei
December 20th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Saw a Youtube this morn of a Russian hairdresser basket-weaving long locs. I was going to chop several inches of hair off this week. Still struggling...but this whet my long-hair appetite some more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkI8J8dgSM0&feature=related

PinkyCat
December 20th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Wow. I could listen to that woman speak all day long.

Nae
December 20th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Wow, that looked easier than I ever thought it would. But I'm afraid I would make one huge knot lol.

intothemist1999
December 20th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Wow, that looked easier than I ever thought it would. But I'm afraid I would make one huge knot lol.

I think I could do it on someone else but no way on myself! lol

Wow. I could listen to that woman speak all day long.

I know what you mean! It was also fun "knowing" what she was saying/about to say regarding each step!

I found the vid relaxing to watch, too! lol

(and it's inspired me to get back into weaving!!)

serious
December 20th, 2011, 08:29 AM
omg, so pretty!

Amazinggrace
December 20th, 2011, 08:37 AM
That is beautiful! I don't think I would be able to do it to myself, but it would make a great formal look. Thanks for sharing. :)

Shesta
December 20th, 2011, 08:46 AM
this ain't working with layers :(

Copasetic
December 20th, 2011, 09:23 AM
At first I was like "Yuck! Who would ever wear their hair like that?" But once she started to manipulate it and put it into a bun shape, I was blown away. Amazing.

longhairedleah
December 20th, 2011, 09:29 AM
that is fantastic! thanks for the share!

Gvnagitlvgei
December 20th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Wait, there's also a variation on the French braid but with zig-zagged partings. Amazing design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jVc_DS1OzA&feature=related

moxamoll
December 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Anybody else almost fall asleep watching that? I could just imagine her playing with my hair and having that incomprehensible voice muttering in my ear. ZZZZzzzzzz....

Lovely end result though!

spidermom
December 20th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Oh my goodness. Who volunteers to let me practice? (preferably somebody sort of local)

Sagi1982
December 20th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Thats really pretty! Thanks for sharing! :D

SheaLynne
December 20th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Wait, there's also a variation on the French braid but with zig-zagged partings. Amazing design.

Ooohh, those are both amazing styles....I'm trying them on dd7 this week! Like others, I'm not so sure I can do them on myself, but glad I have someone to practice styles on!

Jessibear2854
December 20th, 2011, 02:26 PM

OMG, that's amazing! I want someone to do that to my hair!

Impulsive
December 20th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I love the French Braids, but I don't think I could get quite the same effect on my curly hair... don't suppose any other curly haired people have tried this or something like it?

akilina
December 20th, 2011, 11:01 PM
oh wow, i LOVE it!!! its so pretty. i need to figure out how to do this on my own.

arc691
December 20th, 2011, 11:23 PM
What beautiful braids!
Thank you so much for posting the links :)

Merry Christmas!

cubiczoeconia
December 20th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Damn my slow internet :justy:

The video won't load right now... I can't wait to actually see what everyone is so excited about!

laura85
December 21st, 2011, 01:38 AM
Wow! I love the french braids :D

Paranda Belle
December 21st, 2011, 03:18 AM
Those are both awesome.

I reckon the weaving one could be done on yourself. If you part down the middle and do one on each side. It's probably easier doing it from the side than from the back.

Olga-Freya
December 21st, 2011, 06:50 AM
I love the first style, thanks for sharing! I would like to see how it goes with arc691's hair - it probably will be amazing and... then I would know that it is possible to do with my own length XD
Hairdresser from second video told that she is specialized at styles with different braids and bridal styles. Oh, how I want to have a such job like she has!!!
By the way, many Russian people knows French braid as a "kolosok", that mean a "spikelet" (if I found a right translation). But I never seen any alternate name for it at this forum, so is there any in English or other languages?

Amber_Maiden
December 21st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Wow! That's awesome!!! :)

SheaLynne
December 21st, 2011, 10:32 AM
I love the French Braids, but I don't think I could get quite the same effect on my curly hair... don't suppose any other curly haired people have tried this or something like it?

My first attempt on dd's curly (I think about 3a) hair was not successful at all. I wondered if it were the curls or just my poor abilities (on the video she made it look so easy, and when I was pullng it, it just didn't do anything like what she did!). I'll try on my hair which is more straight and slippery and see if there is a noticeable difference there.

PaganPriestess
December 21st, 2011, 11:14 AM
Wow I really like how she did the triple dutch braids... that technique makes them look so interesting & unique. Never seen it before. Very cool, will have to try it! I'll post pics if I do. Love how I always find a new hairstyle to try everytime I come on LHC!

Impulsive
December 23rd, 2011, 09:34 AM
My first attempt on dd's curly (I think about 3a) hair was not successful at all. I wondered if it were the curls or just my poor abilities (on the video she made it look so easy, and when I was pullng it, it just didn't do anything like what she did!). I'll try on my hair which is more straight and slippery and see if there is a noticeable difference there.

Thank you for telling me.

Just in case anyone is interested, I clicked on the username of the youtube account, and the stylist has a couple more braiding videos which are quite lovely.

Also, I started clicking on the suggested videos at the side and found a couple good ones (... all in Russian, of course... why did I have to study French??), so if you can speak the language or don't mind not knowing what they're saying, I think they're worth exploring.

slz
December 23rd, 2011, 10:09 AM
The end result looks way too muuch rat-nesty for my liking. I think it's because of the way she "fluffes" it out or what, or maybe because the hair looks dry and not smooth at all, but, I don't like it much.

jacqueline101
December 23rd, 2011, 10:23 AM
I would knot up my hair with that hair do. I'm not the best at doing my own hair.