PDA

View Full Version : Please say some words about my hair...

AngryVikingGirl
December 20th, 2011, 07:55 AM
This is my first hair pic. I wonder what you think about it. Lately I've been a bit worried about getting damaged ends as on some days they look dry, other days they look ok. Other thing is, is it really waist? Excuse me for the stringiness, I'm a WO-er and still working on it. I've been through a stressful time, so I hope I did nothing seriuos damage to my hair. Thanks in advance!

p.s.: hope I managed to attach the images properly.

I didn't know sis was already shooting...
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd410/AngryVikingGirl/SAM_0026.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd410/AngryVikingGirl/SAM_0027.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd410/AngryVikingGirl/SAM_0028.jpg

Kelikea
December 20th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Yes, it looks like waist length! It is also a very nice, rich brown, and shiny. Keep up the good work!

AngryVikingGirl
December 20th, 2011, 07:58 AM
And ohh....sorry for the size of the pics.

PrairieRose
December 20th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Your hair looks beautiful! How long have you been WO? I have been for about 6 weeks now. How has your experience been?

AngryVikingGirl
December 20th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Thanks, Kelikea!

AngryVikingGirl
December 20th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Your hair looks beautiful! How long have you been WO? I have been for about 6 weeks now. How has your experience been?
Thanks! I have been WO for three months. My hair looks almost perfect after wash but it doesn't last long afterwards, I'm also afraid of overwashing. Now I might start to stretch washes, just I was rather upset to deal with it.

Narya
December 20th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Yup, looks like waist to me! Very shiny and non-frizzy, and the ends do not look bad at all. Very pretty :D

Nae
December 20th, 2011, 08:13 AM
I think it looks lovely. Nice hemline, beautiful color. You have got it going on!

cooklaezo13
December 20th, 2011, 08:25 AM
It looks beautiful, and waist-length. The ends look so healthy and I love your color. Three months WO . . . wow, I'm sure my hair would look much stringier than that if I went that long WO.

PrairieRose
December 20th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks! I have been WO for three months. My hair looks almost perfect after wash but it doesn't last long afterwards, I'm also afraid of overwashing. Now I might start to stretch washes, just I was rather upset to deal with it.
Good to know it is working for you, it will help me keep on track. I find my hair is looking good after a wash but it doesn't last long either. Keep at it, looks good:cool:

hototogisu
December 20th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Your hair looks really lovely and satiny. Your ends look quite good to me - do you have hard water in your area? You might be getting some mineral build up. Build up always causes velcroey, fish hook ends for me.

What are your reasons for going water only? I'm no expert on WO, but maybe you could try washing with a diluted chelating shampoo once a month to deal with mineral build up, if that could be a cause of velcro ends?

patienceneeded
December 20th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Very pretty! I love the color.

Amazinggrace
December 20th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Your hair is a beautiful brown, shiny, waist length hair.

PrairieRose
December 20th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Your hair looks really lovely and satiny. Your ends look quite good to me - do you have hard water in your area? You might be getting some mineral build up. Build up always causes velcroey, fish hook ends for me.

What are your reasons for going water only? I'm no expert on WO, but maybe you could try washing with a diluted chelating shampoo once a month to deal with mineral build up, if that could be a cause of velcro ends?
Interesting...I never heard that before. Mineral buildup can actually cause problems on the ends?

AngryVikingGirl
December 20th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Thank you all for your support! It really means a lot. Now I think I'm relaxed. Thanks.

This is a tricky question: I go to university and in that town water is definitely hard. I do an ACV rinse after wash, gently rubbing my length to my scalp hair to spread the ACV. It helps, so my hair looks assumable, but not really good. In my home town, water is a lot softer, of course, not very soft, but a lot better. So it might be a mineral build up, but as far as I remember, after a certain length, my hair tends to do this. I don't mind it as long as it doesn't mean damage.

I went WO because I find it exciting how natural things work, and because I am hoping some benefits from not using chemicals, e.g. less shedding, low maintenance. I'm rather trying 'not to do' things to my hair rather than 'do more', because I travel a lot and prefer things working on their own instead of the need to care about them. Of course, it's fun to try rinses, oils etc. on my hair, but only if I have the time for it. I don't want to depend on them. Instead, I'm going around with so-so hair almost all the time, hiding my greasies...problem really solved haha :D

catnip
December 20th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Waist length and very shiny :)

spidermom
December 20th, 2011, 10:15 AM
It is most definitely waist length.

vanillabones
December 20th, 2011, 10:43 AM
It looks so delicate, shiny, and soft! And looks exactly at waist to me :) Very nice!

Mommyof4
December 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Pretty hair! It is so shiny! It looks waist to me!

lapushka
December 20th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Your hair looks very nice, esp. for someone who's WO! Nothing wrong with your ends, and it's definitely WL!

Amber_Maiden
December 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Very pretty hair! I'm about to start WOing as well! :)

SheaLynne
December 20th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I agree...waistlength and looks great! Looks like WO is working well for you, and I hope the stretching washes works for you. I've been experimenting with WO for about 5.5 months, and I'm currently WO on scalp but using conditioner on the length due to dryness and splits. I think yours does not look dry at all.

AngryVikingGirl
December 20th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Thank you all! I think I've got my question answered, so now I'd ceremoniously request everyone to end this thread. I'm getting kinda embarrassed... :blushing:

AngryVikingGirl
December 20th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I'm about to start WOing as well! :)

Good luck! I think it's kind of fun if you manage to deal with the social aspect of it! Like waiting for some miracle to happen and eventually it does :wink:

akilina
December 20th, 2011, 12:19 PM
shiny! this is my goal length, also a great guide for me to look at. i imagine that my hair is sort of similar to yours. :]

AngryVikingGirl
December 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I agree...waistlength and looks great! Looks like WO is working well for you, and I hope the stretching washes works for you. I've been experimenting with WO for about 5.5 months, and I'm currently WO on scalp but using conditioner on the length due to dryness and splits. I think yours does not look dry at all.

Thanks! I hope to stretch washes as well :wink: Maybe I'm weird, but it sounded great when you said you could go without washing for four weeks. Whoaa...I hope you'll find the ways that work best for you!

AngryVikingGirl
December 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM
shiny! this is my goal length, also a great guide for me to look at. i imagine that my hair is sort of similar to yours. :]
Good growing! You'll get there!:)

jacqueline101
December 20th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Your hair looks great.

serin blackwood
December 20th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Thank you all! I think I've got my question answered, so now I'd ceremoniously request everyone to end this thread. . .

Haha... good luck with that! You asked, so now you have to suffer through all the compliments :D I can only dream of such hair! How long have you been WO?

newbeginning
December 20th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I think it looks healthy and shiny.

Carissamarie08
December 20th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I love your length. Looks good to me!

laceyfairy
December 20th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I love it!

JessiBird89
December 20th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Wish I had your length! Such pretty hair and lovely colour!

Emerald88
December 20th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Waist length and very pretty too!

AngryVikingGirl
December 21st, 2011, 03:51 PM
Haha... good luck with that! You asked, so now you have to suffer through all the compliments :D I can only dream of such hair! How long have you been WO?

Oh, ok :p I'm sure you'll find the way to beautiful loong hair on LHC, btw your avatar pic shows that your hair has potential I think. (I mean, your ex-avatar pic)
I've been WO for three months.

AngryVikingGirl
December 21st, 2011, 03:53 PM
Thank you all!

lunamummy
December 21st, 2011, 04:11 PM
Lovely colour! I'm WO too, have been since February, and I must say that yours is looking really clean. Maybe your water is softer than mine - mine looks much stringier.

beautifulending
December 22nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
oh very pretty and it looks waist to me. I didn't have any luck with wo or co.