PDA

View Full Version : Who here has shaved their head?

Rockferry
December 20th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I want to sooo bad, but I know I would looks ridiculous with no hair AND it would take forever to grow it out to my dream goal.

lapushka
December 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Shaved, well not completely, I had half an inch (or thereabouts) left. It was okay while it remained short, but once it started to grow back out, OMG the horror! So many awkward stages. Actually it was one big awkward stage until it turned into a bob.

numbernine
December 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I shaved in a small undercut on one side today you get the fun of both shaved hair and long hair .

I have had totally shaved head before and I liked it but some people did react to it, I found once you get longer than 1cm this stopped.

Amber_Maiden
December 20th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I think someone posted a thread awhile ago asking if any LHCers had shaved there head- do a search for it.

moxamoll
December 20th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Just to get you started:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65091&highlight=shaved
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56088&highlight=shaved
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=67740&highlight=shaved
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=22970&highlight=shaved

There are more! :D

Tennessee Rose
December 20th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I want to sooo bad, but I know I would looks ridiculous with no hair AND it would take forever to grow it out to my dream goal.

I have:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9318&pictureid=121361

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9318&pictureid=121362

You have to be aware of what you really want, and be sure of it. I wanted shaved hair for a loooong time (I had waist lenght at the time I shaved) so I chose the thing I wanted the most at that the moment.

I thought I would regret but the truth is I was very happy with my desition which lasted for three years. I still like that hairdoo I wore, but it's been a long now since I want tailbone lenght so I'm going for it, thats what I want so bad now, and I do not regret letting my hair grow either.

So...if you really really want to do it, and you are sure you won't regret, get your hair cut. Hair grows, it is not a tattoo but as if it was one, it has to mean something to you.

mktmgt
December 20th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I did before I started cemo. It wasn't my favorite style; that's for sure. If you are just doing it for style reasons, I would think long and hard about it. Being bald was a very bad experience for me, personally. It has also taken me a very long time to get my hair about an inch or so below my chin.

kdaniels8811
December 20th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Be prepared for peole asking personal questions like what kind of cancer do you have? I wore a wig through chemo, people can be incredibly rude, walking up to me while shopping and lecturing me on treatments. And growing out is a royal pain in the rear. And I was always cold and had to wear something on my head to keep warm.

prettyhairisred
December 20th, 2011, 04:53 PM
You have to take your face shape into consideration. Shaved head would not look as good with round face shapes. Personally i have a very squareish face, so I would not consider it. My cheeks would be underwhelmed. I think only an oval shape could pull it off without looking boyish, but luckily oval is the most common face shape type :p

slo2gro
December 20th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I have a brain tumour and really when the time comes for me to lose my hair im dreading it cuz I do not have that suited face for NO hair. :( IM growing my hair right now as long as I can as naturally so I can hopefully make my own wig and maybe one for someone else too. That would really make me happy.

I say if you feel like you wouldnt be bummed out about growing it out later then hell go for it. I say giver. For me my hair means the world to me sadly as well I dont sport a thin body and I need hair to look even remotely attractive I know that sounds really sad but its true for me.

jojo
December 21st, 2011, 12:56 PM
I have a brain tumour and really when the time comes for me to lose my hair im dreading it cuz I do not have that suited face for NO hair. :( IM growing my hair right now as long as I can as naturally so I can hopefully make my own wig and maybe one for someone else too. That would really make me happy.

I say if you feel like you wouldnt be bummed out about growing it out later then hell go for it. I say giver. For me my hair means the world to me sadly as well I dont sport a thin body and I need hair to look even remotely attractive I know that sounds really sad but its true for me.

I am so very sorry about your present condition, please don't dread losing your hair, its a sign that your treatment is working. I know its a loss but please try and see this as a gain too as in good health. I sincerely wish you a very healthy 2012, hair or no hair you will always be a much loved member of LHC, keep fighting. much love and best wishes and the biggest of hugs ever xxxxx

princessp
December 21st, 2011, 01:13 PM
I did, but it was a very long time ago. I've had "long hair" (BSL or longer) every other time in my life (aside from growing out from shaved). It did take a few years to grow out, but it was fun while it lasted and I don't regret it. :)

PolarCathy
December 21st, 2011, 01:19 PM
I think someone posted a thread awhile ago asking if any LHCers had shaved there head- do a search for it.

I posted that, because I was feeling very bad about my hair. It was a major hair tilt. I hoped that shaving it a couple of times would make it grow back coarser, that was the whole idea.

But people did not confirm that. I still haven't given up on the idea though.

Johan
February 10th, 2012, 06:34 AM
My wife shaved her head for fashion reasons and wore the bald look for awhile. It looked great on her, but she has the feminine features and head shape for it to work for her. If you are going to wear the bald look, you need to compliment your look with makeup, earrings, beautiful feminine dresses and so forth, like some of the bald women fashion models do.

natural_shine
February 10th, 2012, 08:31 AM

I shaved my head when I was 15 :cheese:

oooh my mother was horrified! :eyebrows:

It grew back very fast though, in a week it was a full head of thick hair!

Do it if you want.