PDA

View Full Version : 6 years of growth........*pics*

jojo
December 20th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Just realised 6 years today I had my then straggly probably mid back hair cut very short, it was like a cross between a pixie and bob; cropped at the back and I hated it!
Heres where my journey began http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/CIMG0009-2.jpg
I was so depressed, even though my hair felt heathier, I missed the length so much. I spent hour upon hour reading up everything about how to make my hair grow quicker. By the time I found LHC 20 months had passed and it was August 2007. I was immediately drawn to the fact that hey I wasn't the only hair obsessed person out there! if not a little confused with all the lingo! but all was explained before long and I was made to feel very welcome.

By the time id found the site my hair was here http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/Emma144.jpg. I was approx 18" here http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/CIMG0042-2.jpg
but still not APL, back then APL seemed so far off but I continued to treat it well, minimum heat and plenty of DC! and by March 2008 I had reached my first goal of APL http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/wave.jpg

By this time I was totally addicted to the site, id try every growth trick in the book, but it grew at its own pace!

By 2009 I eventually reached another goal of BSL, by far from APL to BSL has been the most frustrating period of my growth! Around this time my hair would tangle more, I also started noticing split ends despite always being a firm believer in trims; thats one thing ive stuck with. I know if I went the no trim route my fine hair would just break off on the ends, it really is that baby fine!

Here it is at BSL http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/jan1st2010.jpg
18 months later I reached waist
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/length.jpg

and today after exactly 6 years today and many trims along the way, I am here
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/DSCF8372.jpg

I am still hoping to reach classic length some day, but for now I am enjoying just having long hair! Thanks for sharing my journey and a thousand thanks for every single one of you for your support and encouragement.

My advice for people just starting on this journey is get as much advice as you can, you will all get bad hair days and frustrations as it doesnt seem to be growing as quick as you'd like but it will! more importantly enjoy every step! xx

MaryMarx
December 20th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Wow, only 6 years. Everything about your hair is beautiful. :)

Monsterkitti
December 20th, 2011, 01:53 AM
Brilliant growth jojo! Congrats :)

Lucky
December 20th, 2011, 02:27 AM
That's an inspiring story, I too had a regrettable haircut and had new passport pictures taken just afterwards, so I'm stuck for 10 years looking at my bad cut, lol!

Your hair is beautiful, happy continued growing!!

Lamb
December 20th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Congratulations, jojo!! :cheer: :applause: I remember we joined TLHC at about the same time, you've come on in leaps and bounds!
Your hair looks fantastic. :thud:

skyblue
December 20th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Your looks gorgeous!

anikadear
December 20th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Wow, I love your journey!! Congratulations!!

jojo
December 20th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Wow, only 6 years. Everything about your hair is beautiful. :) thats very kind of you thank you

Brilliant growth jojo! Congrats :) thank you

That's an inspiring story, I too had a regrettable haircut and had new passport pictures taken just afterwards, so I'm stuck for 10 years looking at my bad cut, lol!

Your hair is beautiful, happy continued growing!!
thank you, you will get there

Congratulations, jojo!! :cheer: :applause: I remember we joined TLHC at about the same time, you've come on in leaps and bounds!
Your hair looks fantastic. :thud: thanks Lamb, yes it doesn't seem 4 years ago we joined LHC on the old site, time fly's

Your looks gorgeous! thank you:blossom:

Wow, I love your journey!! Congratulations!!
glad you enjoyed it, thanks:blossom:

Elia
December 21st, 2011, 12:40 AM
your hair is such a gorgeous color and looks so so soft! Also I'm glad to see that someone with ridiculously thin hair was able to grow it too! I get paranoid that mine will just break off no matter how nice I am to it

oktobergoud
December 21st, 2011, 01:21 AM
Woah, 6 years already! It looks amazing, so soft and shiny :D

hanne jensen
December 21st, 2011, 01:44 AM
Beautiful! Your post gives me hope that I too can be a real long hair!

tgagurl27
December 21st, 2011, 03:39 AM
That is such an inspiration.. So awesome that you stuck to it all this time.. Well done :D

jojo
December 21st, 2011, 06:25 AM
your hair is such a gorgeous color and looks so so soft! Also I'm glad to see that someone with ridiculously thin hair was able to grow it too! I get paranoid that mine will just break off no matter how nice I am to it
its not thin my hair its fine:) fine refers to the individual strands, my hair is approx 4" circumference so not at all thin in volume, but fine and thin hair can and does grow there are lots on here with thin volume hair, dont let this put you off, thank you for your complements

Woah, 6 years already! It looks amazing, so soft and shiny :D thanks, it can be too soft sometimes but i kinda like it!

Beautiful! Your post gives me hope that I too can be a real long hair!
of course you can, just practice patience you will get there! thanks

That is such an inspiration.. So awesome that you stuck to it all this time.. Well done :D

thanks , wish it was less than 4 years to goal

CurlyMopTop
December 21st, 2011, 07:08 AM
Congrats Jojo! Your hair looks very shiny and healthy! I know what you mean about the trims. If I don't trim, my tips just break off. They don't really split, just get a little crinkly on the end before they break. :(

Pixie0763
December 21st, 2011, 07:18 AM
Congratulations! I hope to be as successful at 6 years. :)

ElusiveMuse
December 21st, 2011, 07:37 AM
Congrats! Such a great example of how patience can pay off.

jojo
December 21st, 2011, 07:50 AM
Congrats Jojo! Your hair looks very shiny and healthy! I know what you mean about the trims. If I don't trim, my tips just break off. They don't really split, just get a little crinkly on the end before they break. :(
I get them too, especially on my curly strands, oiling the ends does help a lot, but trims are essential

Congratulations! I hope to be as successful at 6 years. :)
of course you will, just treat it nice and your hair will thank you for it

Congrats! Such a great example of how patience can pay off.
there where times i thought I wouldnt get this long, but im glad I kept with it, would ever go short again. I went back to long hair for keeps this time, though i have a sneaky feeling more than classic may be wanted once and if i get there

thank you all xxx

CastaDiva
December 21st, 2011, 08:29 AM
Congratulations on your 6 years of growth:) You have made some really great progress! Your hair looks so smooth, silky and healthy:) Btw; You remind me of Lacey Turner (Stacey Branning) from my favourite tv-show eastenders...:flower:

lapushka
December 21st, 2011, 09:03 AM
Congratulations! You came a long way.

ladyshep
December 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM
That is wonderful!

Dragon Faery
December 21st, 2011, 11:59 AM
Congratulations! Looking. Good! :)

jacqueline101
December 21st, 2011, 12:13 PM
I love the progress you've made with your hair.

jojo
December 21st, 2011, 12:35 PM
Congratulations on your 6 years of growth:) You have made some really great progress! Your hair looks so smooth, silky and healthy:) Btw; You remind me of Lacey Turner (Stacey Branning) from my favourite tv-show eastenders...:flower:
wow what a lovely compliment i love eastenders, think its gonna be a good one this Christmas!

Congratulations! You came a long way.

That is wonderful! t

Congratulations! Looking. Good! :)

I love the progress you've made with your hair.

thank you all so much, :)

Riyoka
December 21st, 2011, 02:51 PM
That looks great! It's amazing how far a little patience and dedication can go. =] Congrats!