PDA

View Full Version : 6 years of growth........

jojo
December 20th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Just realised 6 years today I had my then straggly probably mid back hair cut very short, it was like a cross between a pixie and bob; cropped at the back and I hated it!
Heres where my journey began http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/CIMG0009-2.jpg
I was so depressed, even though my hair felt heathier, I missed the length so much. I spent hour upon hour reading up everything about how to make my hair grow quicker. By the time I found LHC 20 months had passed and it was August 2007. I was immediately drawn to the fact that hey I wasn't the only hair obsessed person out there! if not a little confused with all the lingo! but all was explained before long and I was made to feel very welcome.

By the time id found the site my hair was here http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/Emma144.jpg. I was approx 18" here http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/CIMG0042-2.jpg
but still not APL, back then APL seemed so far off but I continued to treat it well, minimum heat and plenty of DC! and by March 2008 I had reached my first goal of APL http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/wave.jpg

By this time I was totally addicted to the site, id try every growth trick in the book, but it grew at its own pace!

By 2009 I eventually reached another goal of BSL, by far from APL to BSL has been the most frustrating period of my growth! Around this time my hair would tangle more, I also started noticing split ends despite always being a firm believer in trims; thats one thing ive stuck with. I know if I went the no trim route my fine hair would just break off on the ends, it really is that baby fine!

Here it is at BSL http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/jan1st2010.jpg
18 months later I reached waist
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/length.jpg

and today after exactly 6 years today and many trims along the way, I am here
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/DSCF8372.jpg

I am still hoping to reach classic length some day, but for now I am enjoying just having long hair! Thanks for sharing my journey and a thousand thanks for every single one of you for your support and encouragement xxxx

sonng
December 20th, 2011, 01:39 AM
oooooooh :) Congratulations on your growth~ You have pretty hair, I love your hair color! I'm a bit past bsl, hopefully by next year I will be at waist. :))
I mean by the end of next year.

Mommyof4
December 20th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Congratulations!! :D

jojo
December 20th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Thank you, i do use a semi as I like it a bit darker, my natural colour is the first photo! Good luck with your journey, you will be there before you know it!

jojo
December 20th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Congratulations!! :D

thank you x:blossom:

Hotrox
December 20th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Great progress jojo, what a beautiful head of hair you have and you are an inspiration to all of us hanging out at the shorter lengths.

Thanks for the update :blossom:

jojo
December 20th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Great progress jojo, what a beautiful head of hair you have and you are an inspiration to all of us hanging out at the shorter lengths.

Thanks for the update :blossom:

thank you, your hair will soon grow; hang in there:blossom:

I am hoping a mod can merge this thread with my other, i accidentley made 2

Lissandria
December 20th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Thankyou for sharing your hair journey with us JoJo. What a long way you have come! Beautiful hair. Can't wait to see it classic :)

3azza
December 20th, 2011, 05:34 AM
congratulations, time passes by quickly with LHC :)

Carolyn
December 20th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Your hair looks great! Time flies when you are having fun!

ingvild
December 20th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Your hair is beautiful and amazingly shiny! :)

einna
December 20th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Congrats! your hair is very pretty :)

Sunny_side_up
December 20th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Your hair looks lovely, great shine and healthy from the little snips along your growing journey:)

luluj
December 20th, 2011, 06:28 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, jojo! You have such lovely hair, so healthy and shiny, and so very long! I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your encouragement and support when I was struggling with my mini hair crisis some time ago, your words of wisdom were greatly appreciated.

holothuroidea
December 20th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Oh your hair is so beautiful! I am so happy for you :D

I'm looking at 6+ years of growth, too, so this has been very inspiring.:)

Madora
December 20th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Your hair looks great, JoJo! Kudos. You've done a great job and your hair shows it!

PinkyCat
December 20th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Yay Jojo!!!

Aeltt
December 20th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Looks SO soft.. Want to touch it... *drooling*
More seriously, congrats, beautiful hair !

BrightEyes
December 20th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Congratulations!! Your were one of my first long hair inspirations, so I was so excited to see this thread. Your hair is so beautiful, so soft and shiny. Here's to another year of gorgeous hair!!!:blossom:

Gvnagitlvgei
December 20th, 2011, 08:08 AM
J

By 2009 I eventually reached another goal of BSL, by far from APL to BSL has been the most frustrating period of my growth! Around this time my hair would tangle more, I also started noticing split ends despite always being a firm believer in trims; thats one thing ive stuck with. I know if I went the no trim route my fine hair would just break off on the ends, it really is that baby fine!

Here it is at BSL http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/jan1st2010.jpg

I go back and forth wondering if I should do a good trim rather than cut many inches. And I also wonder if my hair is fine-textured. I have ethnic hair and a stylist once told me to stop putting harsh chemicals in it to straighten it. Now, I'm trying to grow it back in curly rather than this stick-straight fiasco I've developed now. :doh: Glad to read this because it lets me know i'm not alone. Oh, and before I forget, kudos to you! Great progress.

Hollyfire3
December 20th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Oh wow your hair is gorgeous! How often do you trim? I can't believe you statred with so little hair and ended up with so much! LHC really is amazing!

EdG
December 20th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Congratulations, jojo! :hifive:
Ed

catnip
December 20th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Great progress and beautiful hair colour. Congrats! :)

Oksana
December 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Such an inspiration jojo, i look forward to seeing you reach your next milestone :)

moon2dove
December 20th, 2011, 10:28 AM
JOJO Your hair is beautiful ! Thanks for sharing and giving us inspiration to carry on with our journey to have lovely longer hair
Good luck and here's to your next goal :toast:

I can't wait til mine is waist, here's hoping I can by this time next year! :D

vanillabones
December 20th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I love your hair! Youre very inspirational to baby fine hairs! I can't wait to be your length :D but I guess I'll have to. Congratulations on all your progress.

UP Lisa
December 20th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Your hair does look so much like mine! It is amazing.

Lisa

lapushka
December 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Your hair looks lovely! :) Congratulations!

Amber_Maiden
December 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
WOW! Nice growth!!! :)

SheaLynne
December 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Congrats on seeing your dedication pay off. You are an inspiration that some of us truly are "longhairs at heart" and short hair is just wrong for us! I hope no one ever tells you that you "should cut your hair"...it is lovely!

spidermom
December 20th, 2011, 12:11 PM
It's been a pleasure getting to know you and watching your hair grow!

ericthegreat
December 20th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I love all the different stages of your growing process. It just goes to show that anyone, even someone with really short bob length hair cut in tons of layers could eventually grow down to hip length. It just takes patience and diligent haircare. Well done jojo.

UP Lisa
December 20th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Yes, with time and patience it can be done. My hair is baby-fine, and I started from a Pixie. Was at BCL for quite a while before I cut back to thicken the ends. I'm at Hip right now.

jacqueline101
December 20th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Your hair has come along ways. Its nice and lovely.

PrairieRose
December 20th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Congratulations on your progress!:thumbsup:

prettyhairisred
December 20th, 2011, 03:09 PM
right nowI'm really struggling to grow my hair to bsl. It is bsl in th back, but it flows wierdly. It just won't make it in the front. I've been waiting for years! I have cut and died my hair, though I'm scared thatI've already reached terminal length. My mother had the same hair texture as mine, and she made it too classic! My favorite picture of us she's a young lawyer in the courthouse, in her robes holding me, with her long died hair to her tailbone. she's my inspiration :)

MsBubbles
December 20th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hi Jojo! Six years! Wow. Your hair has looked super-healthy at each stage. And it's really getting long now. Thank you for being here and for your hilarious posts and terminology! Your hair is beautiful.

jojo
December 20th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Thankyou for sharing your hair journey with us JoJo. What a long way you have come! Beautiful hair. Can't wait to see it classic
me neither, its seems possible now thanks

congratulations, time passes by quickly with LHC
doesnt it just only seems yesterday, i was the new girl thanks

Your hair looks great! Time flies when you are having fun!
LHC time im sure goes quicker than normal time, thanks

Your hair is beautiful and amazingly shiny! thanks

Congrats! your hair is very pretty thanks

Your hair looks lovely, great shine and healthy from the little snips along your growing journey:)
the key is little snips, they do make a difference

CONGRATULATIONS, jojo! You have such lovely hair, so healthy and shiny, and so very long! I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your encouragement and support when I was struggling with my mini hair crisis some time ago, your words of wisdom were greatly appreciated.
aww Lulu, you was so down about your hair and I am so happy you continued to grow, you are such an inspiration to me too

Oh your hair is so beautiful! I am so happy for you :D

I'm looking at 6+ years of growth, too, so this has been very inspiring.:) thanks, my hair was of a very similar length to yours so keep in there it can be done

Your hair looks great, JoJo! Kudos. You've done a great job and your hair shows it!
thank you madora, the BBB has made such a difference to my hair, dare i say its thicker? you have advised me and kept me thinking positive during my journey

Yay Jojo!!!

Looks SO soft.. Want to touch it... *drooling*
More seriously, congrats, beautiful hair !
you wanna stroke my coat?....puuuurrrr! thanks lol

Congratulations!! Your were one of my first long hair inspirations, so I was so excited to see this thread. Your hair is so beautiful, so soft and shiny. Here's to another year of gorgeous hair!!!:blossom: aww your very kind thanks

I go back and forth wondering if I should do a good trim rather than cut many inches. And I also wonder if my hair is fine-textured. I have ethnic hair and a stylist once told me to stop putting harsh chemicals in it to straighten it. Now, I'm trying to grow it back in curly rather than this stick-straight fiasco I've developed now. Glad to read this because it lets me know i'm not alone. Oh, and before I forget, kudos to you! Great progress.
fine hair can be frustrating to grow, the apl to bsl was a nightmare, it was breaking at the ends so growth was hard to see, apart from it catching on stuff, your at a length where you feel long and show it off, i keep mine up most of the time now and its made such a difference thank you

Oh wow your hair is gorgeous! How often do you trim? I can't believe you statred with so little hair and ended up with so much! LHC really is amazing!
well i had a V hemline at first, so I trimmed to a blunt and did a few years of monthly dustings and the odd inch to 2 along the way. Although the growth takes longer to show, it still grows but the condition stays good, so for me trimming is essential, the longest ive gone without, apart from the very beginning ( my first photo to the 2nd was 2 years not trimming) is 3 months my ends feel blah then, but i am trying to hold out until May which will have given me a 6 month gap and I will probably cut 1/2" off them. Another thing ive done is oiled my ends lightly each morning since BSL, i feel this has helped a lot, and thank you too

Congratulations, jojo!
Ed

Great progress and beautiful hair colour. Congrats! great name and thaks

Such an inspiration jojo, i look forward to seeing you reach your next milestone aww thanks, hope you are still off the nasty cigs! one month for me, you noticed your hair feels as well as smells better?

JOJO Your hair is beautiful ! Thanks for sharing and giving us inspiration to carry on with our journey to have lovely longer hair
Good luck and here's to your next goal

I can't wait til mine is waist, here's hoping I can by this time next year! reaching waist was one of my favorite goals to reach, a year will soon pass thanks

I love your hair! Youre very inspirational to baby fine hairs! I can't wait to be your length :D but I guess I'll have to. Congratulations on all your progress.
I was always told off family my hair was too fine to have very long and for a while i believed them, but i searched every member with fine hair and I am yet to see someone with fine hair on here that i think shorter would look better. fine hair can be beautiful its about finding a happy balance between moisture and protein, once youve worked this out its all go..or should that be grow? lol thanks

Your hair does look so much like mine! It is amazing.

Lisa yes very similar, love the fact we both have less waves on the left side1 thank you

Your hair looks lovely! :) Congratulations!thank you

WOW! Nice growth!!! :) thank you

Congrats on seeing your dedication pay off. You are an inspiration that some of us truly are "longhairs at heart" and short hair is just wrong for us! I hope no one ever tells you that you "should cut your hair"...it is lovely! I wouldnt listen if they did, way too much time and effort invested in this baby! thank you

It's been a pleasure getting to know you and watching your hair grow! thank you too SM, you have given me such wise advice, especially regarding trimming. I like the fact you call a spade a spade and I know if i ask you anything you will give me an honest answer, long may you continue to share your wise words

I love all the different stages of your growing process. It just goes to show that anyone, even someone with really short bob length hair cut in tons of layers could eventually grow down to hip length. It just takes patience and diligent haircare. Well done jojo.
thanks Eric, layers are such a pain, ive never once gone out to trim mine, just got them eventually in the length-never again. I love layers on a lot of people but for me a big no. It does take patience

Your hair has come along ways. Its nice and lovely. thank you

Congratulations on your progress!:thumbsup:thank you

right nowI'm really struggling to grow my hair to bsl. It is bsl in th back, but it flows wierdly. It just won't make it in the front. I've been waiting for years! I have cut and died my hair, though I'm scared thatI've already reached terminal length. My mother had the same hair texture as mine, and she made it too classic! My favorite picture of us she's a young lawyer in the courthouse, in her robes holding me, with her long died hair to her tailbone. she's my inspiration :)
I have a semi dye on mine, my earlier photos are my natural colour, it can be done lots of moisture treatments and the odd protein thrown in, you can get there hold on to your mums photo and look at it when you think you cant make it; you can but it takes time and once it gets past bsl its easier

Hi Jojo! Six years! Wow. Your hair has looked super-healthy at each stage. And it's really getting long now. Thank you for being here and for your hilarious posts and terminology! Your hair is beautiful.
ha ha i have my moments, funny thing is it still feels shortish! only today i was looking at a girl who had gorgeous apl hair and thought wow that looks so perfect and long and then realised mine was longer, long hair totally knocks off our perceptions!

Thank you to everybody, i am really touched (you all knew that though eh:eyebrows:) by all your kind words. I am sincerely greatful for the advice and encouragement ive had along the way with my journey. At times it seemed I was at a stand still and not getting anywhere but it continues to grow, big hugs to you all xxxxx

CariadA
December 20th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Your hair has looked beautiful at every stage of its growth. I love the soft and wavy texture you have. :)

Jenn of Pence
December 20th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I love these inspirational threads! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely hair and great progress with us!

Rocket22
December 20th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Congrats on 6 years!!! that is amazing. I loved going through your albums :)

Lisa R
December 20th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Yay Jojo! What an amazing 6 year journey for you. Thanks for sharing your journey with us and the gorgeous pics. Your hair is looking amazing. Real inspriration for us:)

Safira
December 21st, 2011, 12:11 AM
Gongratulations! Six years is lot of dedication. You have so beautiful hair!

tt1983tt
December 21st, 2011, 12:20 AM
Congratulations on your hair growth! Your hair is beautiful!!!