PDA

View Full Version : Hair care for long hair videos on youtube

Amber_Maiden
December 19th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm having a bit of trouble find natural hair care videos on youtube. I've found maybe 15 in the last couple of weeks, so I'm guessing that some must be hiding.... Wondering if anyone has any favorites on youtube that talk about long healthy hair care or long healthy natural hair care?
I like listening to them and looking at the peoples hair, while I go about my morning hair routine. The long hair videos that just show someone brushing their long hair or it blowing in the breeze just don't do it for me... :p I like hearing tips as well!

I've searched things like "healthy long hair care", "natural long hair care", "vegan long hair care"... but I find product reviews, people who have bleached hair, people who have shortish hair (shoulder length), people who like heat on their hair, and people who talk in whispers.

Thank you! :)

Buffy
December 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
hahaha you are right. Really, why would anyone want to see you brushing your hair, or running in the fields with your hair bouncing right and left...is beyond me! I'm interested in this matter too, so i'm waiting for answers :)

PriscillaCherel
December 19th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Haha! I also know this problem! Uhmm, if you searching good you can find some of them.. I saw somebody has posted a youtube video by ''most ispiration hair blabla....'' I don't remember her name. She had a video of her hair caire routine and she got beautiful hip+ length hair.

Amber_Maiden
December 19th, 2011, 10:34 AM
hahaha you are right. Really, why would anyone want to see you brushing your hair, or running in the fields with your hair bouncing right and left...is beyond me! I'm interested in this matter too, so i'm waiting for answers :)

Well, I know some find it inspirational for growing their hair long, and that's cool- just not for me :)

angiescurls
December 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM
So true, not to sound like a no-it-all (I'm am definitely not, and still learning) but I find I just end up restraining myself from correcting all the damaging things they don't realize they're doing... Youtube isn't the greatest hair info resource.

Amber_Maiden
December 19th, 2011, 11:12 AM
So true, not to sound like a no-it-all (I'm am definitely not, and still learning) but I find I just end up restraining myself from correcting all the damaging things they don't realize they're doing... Youtube isn't the greatest hair info resource.

Too true. I find myself saying in my head "I'd never do that" or "that won't help you grow your hair long...". I do like listening to people though, and most of the time they say things I already know- but it helps me stay focused :) And when they do make mistakes, well... in a way it makes me feel better about my hair... bad huh? :p

gazelle
December 19th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I saw Indian women caring for their long hair, oiling, washing etc. I guess I had already known what she was doing while watching the video, but still liked watching it because of very beautiful long hair :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5o1ZCwefiQ

ArienEllariel
December 19th, 2011, 11:30 AM
If I search for natural long hair I always find videos about how to grow your hair out after using a relaxer... which doesn't apply to me. Somehow "natural" equates to african american hair (which yes, is natural but isn't the only natural hair out there). I have a hard time finding long hair videos that don't fit into the above category and aren't well.. creepy videos for guys with the odd obsession/fascination over women's long hair.

Amber_Maiden
December 19th, 2011, 11:35 AM
If I search for natural long hair I always find videos about how to grow your hair out after using a relaxer... which doesn't apply to me. Somehow "natural" equates to african american hair (which yes, is natural but isn't the only natural hair out there). I have a hard time finding long hair videos that don't fit into the above category and aren't well.. creepy videos for guys with the odd obsession/fascination over women's long hair.

EXACTLY! I'm finding it hard to find videos that talk about using natural products on hair that doesn't also talk about the above.
And yes, there are way too many pervy videos... Makes me feel really weird watching them. Maybe it's one if the reasons why I don't like the "long hair in the wind" videos or "hair brushing" videos... I need the person to talk while they are doing whatever- 1. So I know it's not a pervy video, and 2. because I need something to hold my interest- I'm not a cat. Hair just moving around does not capture my attention for long.

ArienEllariel
December 19th, 2011, 11:57 AM
EXACTLY! I'm finding it hard to find videos that talk about using natural products on hair that doesn't also talk about the above.
And yes, there are way too many pervy videos... Makes me feel really weird watching them. Maybe it's one if the reasons why I don't like the "long hair in the wind" videos or "hair brushing" videos... I need the person to talk while they are doing whatever- 1. So I know it's not a pervy video, and 2. because I need something to hold my interest- I'm not a cat. Hair just moving around does not capture my attention for long.

LOL totally made me think of my cat.

Amber_Maiden
December 19th, 2011, 12:02 PM
LOL totally made me think of my cat.

haha. My cat loves watching me brush my hair. And brushing my hair takes a LONG time. He'll just sit there frozen on the bed watching me- and not blinking. :D:rolleyes: