PDA

View Full Version : Ballerina bun with a twist.

Copasetic
December 19th, 2011, 09:51 AM
This is so cool! I don't have the hair skills to do something like this, but I thought others might enjoy it.

If anyone manages to make this bun, please post pics :)

Photos and directions here:

http://thebeautydepartment.com/2011/12/ballerina-bun-remix/

Callque
December 19th, 2011, 09:55 AM
That's adorable! Although I'd feel too silly wearing a bun on top of my head like that. :p I bet other girls could pull it off though!

Mannaz
December 19th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Just the other day I was wondering in what sort of up-do you could include an upside down braid, this totally answers my question! I want to try this, though I wonder if my underlayer is thick enough for the braid to look good... Thanks so much for the inspiration Copasetic!

Fencai
December 19th, 2011, 10:05 AM
that's super cute and a grand idea! I wear my rolled sock bun pretty high up on my head, so Im going to try this next time i do that!
(and what a great way to be able to coconut oil your scalp hair!

sarah061
December 19th, 2011, 10:08 AM
That's so adorable! I wear a lot of high buns but I don't think I'm quite good enough at braiding like that yet.

That's my goal; how the article says it's perfect for when you're running late for work - my goal is to be able to whip out hairstyles like that easily.

ArienEllariel
December 19th, 2011, 10:14 AM
This looks pretty neat. Last time I tried to make an upside down french braid it didn't turn out very well but I just might try it again.

Alaia
December 19th, 2011, 10:22 AM
That's actually awesome. But without the teasing. I'm going to try it.

CTH3989
December 19th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I like this, so cute!

angiescurls
December 19th, 2011, 10:50 AM
So pretty and what a good way to secure my shorter nape hairs! Awesome.

Shermie Girl
December 19th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Yet another style that requires teasing. No thank you. :D

Kricket
December 19th, 2011, 10:55 AM
how the article says it's perfect for when you're running late for work - my goal is to be able to whip out hairstyles like that easily.

Me too!

I will have to try this; will post pictures if it works! =)

FrozenBritannia
December 19th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Cool except for the teasing part! I wonder if I have enough hair to do this?? I will have to try!

jacqueline101
December 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM
That's cute I don't think my mop top will hold a hair do like that.

xoerincolleen
December 19th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I love that!

Copasetic
December 19th, 2011, 03:16 PM
That's actually awesome. But without the teasing. I'm going to try it.

I knew LHC members would be put off my the teasing :P I wouldn't tease my hair either. It doesn't seem necessary to get the look.

pepperminttea
December 19th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I don't know if I have the arm muscles for this, and I usually wear my buns low, but this is really pretty! Thanks for the link. :D

Yet another style that requires teasing. No thank you. :D

You can just skip that step...? :) You could use any bun after the braid too, whichever's your favourite.

Nev
December 19th, 2011, 04:10 PM
nice! thanks for sharing the link Copasetic! :blossom:

longcurlygirl<3
December 19th, 2011, 04:18 PM
It's so cute but i would get major tangles :(

WaterMusic
December 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Love it! I, like so many others, have shorter nape hairs which are a pain when I make high buns. This would help remedy that problem, and it looks really cute.

einna
December 19th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I feel inspired! I watched some of her other tutorials too, and they were nice. Only thing is that a lot of them seems to need first a round with the curling iron and then some teasing. I think I`ll skip those steps ;) Hehe

embee
December 19th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I'm not any good at French braiding, but I can surely try this. It looks fine - omit the teasing and make a bun I like on the top. :) I wear top-knot buns often already.

BeautifulSoup
December 19th, 2011, 07:07 PM
So pretty! But there's no way I'd be able to do a braid without looking.

fridgee
December 20th, 2011, 03:49 AM
Haha I just tried this (without the teasing) ...BIG mess! But I think with a bit of practise it could come out nice. Despite looking terrible it actually holds rock solid and distributes the weight really nicely, so doesn't hang from one place on my scalp and is really comfy. Definitely one to persevere with.

Merlin
December 20th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Many years ago I did this, or something similar with the French Braid running up from the nape to a bun, on Mrs M. It didn't look as neat, there are photos somwhere.

The point is that it didn't require any form of teasing or back-combing, it was just finished with a plain braided bun.

MegaMystery
December 20th, 2011, 05:44 AM
I just tried it!
It was my first time braiding upside-down, so it took a couple of tries, but it looks awesome! I made a messy bun on top (without teasing) with a hair elastic with a bow to make it look cute. I will post a picture here when i get the chance! :)

Amiblue
December 20th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I do this but I put the bun a bit lower so it isn't smack on top of my head. You just don't braid as far up your head. Also looks good with a braided bun or braiding the top to meet what you braided up and putting a braided bun in the middle from the two tails. ;)