PDA

View Full Version : SL hair styles.

sazzie88
December 19th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Hi all I would love your pictures and advice on how you style your hair at shoulder length.

Im so tired of looking in the mirror everytime I walk past to see if its grown!

Thank you girlies

Madora
December 19th, 2011, 07:20 AM
You might try:

Sock bun
Peacock twist
French twist
Gibson Tuck

The Hairstyling section (look under Articles in the Grey Menu Bar, above) has tutorials.

You might also be interested in this lace twist crown tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

sazzie88
December 19th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Thank you Madora! Just waitched the lace twist it looks very easy and protective. One i have been trying is the upside down french plait, I have managed to do it several times ( very loosely though) but im not sure what to do with the hair left at the top! if I leave it in a bun it looks very silly ha ha

spitfire511
December 19th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Hi sazzie88!

At that length I (and I still do) twisted it into a bun in the back and used a few small claw clips to secure it. It was sort of a messy bun thingy with claws. :)

Good luck!

neverever
December 19th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I totally agree with Madora, those hairstyles are really nice for SL hair (and longer to. ofc). Im at SL to and my everyday hairstyle if I dont ware my hair down is a french braid, but I tuck the ends in "underneath" with bobby pins. http://photos-3.posh24.com/p/1345057/z/hairstyles/jennifer_morrison_wearing_a_tu.jpg
I think it works well, and its a plus to have short hair because than its not really much you need to tuck under.

Sry if my english is bad haha, but its not my native language :p

jacqueline101
December 25th, 2011, 10:36 AM
I used to like twisting it putting a claw clip around it. Don't know the name of it.

Hollyfire3
December 25th, 2011, 10:41 AM
You can try a french braid or a half up do. You can even braid the half up part. You can try a crown braid or two braids also.

lapushka
December 25th, 2011, 10:47 AM
A peacock twist (with a claw clip or barrette) is pretty versatile at that length.

vanillabones
December 25th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I pretty much do a french twist or pony every day. I used to do a peacock twist while growing to SHL. I have a big thick layer that is chin length so it's hard. I wish I could do a sock bun... can't do any type of bun yet for me.. not enough hair! Same goes for braids... people suggest braids but I don't have enough O_o
I see your hair is F/i as well so I'm interested in how you get around to doing these :D

Siiri
December 25th, 2011, 12:25 PM
At shoulder length I can do a ponytail, a Gibson tuck and a peacock twist (I use a claw clip), with my unintentional face framing pieces falling out. So it depends a lot whether you have layers or one length hair. If I curl it I can do a decent looking half up.