PDA

View Full Version : Curly haired girl

sazzie88
December 19th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Hi everyone I am a newbie here! My name is Sarah I am currently just below shoulder length aiming for waist length.

I have one queston for you all:

When i was a young girl aged about 4 i used to have lovely ringlets at the bottom of my hair, as I got older I have always only managed to get to BSL and chopped it off again out of frustration, but my question is will i get these lovely curls back or are they just something that w ehave as we are younger and then they dissapear? :o

Arctic
December 19th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Welcome!
It is very common for hair type to change as we age, it has to do with the hormones. Good luck with growing, I'm sure your hair is, and will be lovely, what ever the texture!

ETA: My own hair was very straight and fine as I was child, and stayed that way until some 5ish years ago it started to change slowly, to more coarser and wavier.

jacqueline101
December 19th, 2011, 06:42 AM
You might get them back but then again it could be a child hood deal.

longhairedleah
December 19th, 2011, 06:48 AM
It may be a childhood thing. My mom says my hair used to curl differently before the first time she cut it

ETA:
But, it might also be because of damage/dryness.
I know that my hair for years didn't curl up right at the bottom, it was kind of straight at the ends, but curly all the way up. Now thanks to LHC I've realized it was definitely because of damage and dryness (combo) cuz my curls are nice and bouncy now, all the way through, forming a complete circle at the very bottom.

Fencai
December 19th, 2011, 06:52 AM
mine has gone through curly and not-curly phases.

Currently, its at a point, where if I wash it and leave it, it will have very gentle waves. Almost braid wave looking.

But, with a little bit of product and just a touch of coaxing (I use the curly girl method and deva curl products) i get my beautiful curls back. And I could switch from wavy/straight to curly on a daily basis if I wanted to.

sazzie88
December 19th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Ahh I hope its not a childhood thing!

I used to have near WL when I was younger ( just like goldie locks) and at the age of about four or five me and my friend played hairdressers.. Mine being the only one cut! I had to have it cut to an inch all over and since i have never got my curls back... but It has also never been that long since.

Can i ask how you all measure the length? is it using a tape measure from the front of your head and trailing down to the lengths at the back?

Fencai
December 19th, 2011, 07:24 AM
honestly, I dont measure mine any more... LOL

Especially with the curls- you can do it how you described, but with the flux of the curls, I find it easier to use clothing (a stripped shirt, or bra strap) as a marker

angiescurls
December 19th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I'm a curly too, but my curls don't compare to how they were when I was a kid and that's partly because of the things I've done to it over the year like dyeing, straightening and using lots of heat - which can all affect your curl pattern. If you're doing any of that and want your curls back, maybe try laying off it, do a deep condition, get some mousse or a cream gel and scrunch or twirl pieces around your finger and see if it holds. Might help.