PDA

View Full Version : post your proudest milestone

jojo
July 11th, 2008, 08:35 PM
For me it was being able (with the help of a million bobby clips) to get my hair in that first stubby pony tail. I remember feeling so proud that my hair was 'long' enough to get up.

What are all your proudest milestones?

AJoifulNoise
July 11th, 2008, 08:40 PM
The first time I braided my hair and it didn't feel "stubby."

jojo
July 11th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Oh how strange, I got this today and up 2 bumps since January!

AJoifulNoise
July 11th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Ha! Congrats! :cheese:

jojo
July 11th, 2008, 10:05 PM
:beercheer: to us! and may many more milestones come our way!

AJoifulNoise
July 12th, 2008, 09:35 AM
You just changed your siggy! Lookin' good!

Faepirate
July 12th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Erm, my proudest milestone so far was being able to completely cover my boobs with my hair... :rolleyes: well, hey, it's a milestone! :bigtongue: :o

HeavenlyTresses
July 12th, 2008, 10:31 AM
My proudest milestone was when my hair was finally all at one length (minus the bangs). I had the lovely 80's mullet style and senior year in high school decided it had to go. Oh yeah, and being able to french braid it without it looking like a 3-year old did it. :D

Oskimosa
July 12th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Mine was the other day when I got my thick hair, 5.5" pony, into two buns!! I did it like spidermom's skewered snails. It was pretty messy because I have layers, but I still wore it proudly around all day! Yay! First updo this year since whacking my hair all off. But, really, I had so many layers in it that I didn't do many updos with it. I couldn't get a bun out of it, though it was BSL. How curious.

Ohio Sky
July 12th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I haven't hit that many milestones since joining as I haven't been here that long, but my first figure 8 was a proud moment :)

paper
July 12th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Being able to wear ALL my hair up, without the sides falling out.

Radulfr
July 12th, 2008, 01:44 PM
1. Getting all my hair into a single ponytail holder.
2. Getting all my hair past shoulder-length to where it was able to stay behind my shoulders. That was the beginning for me of really becoming a long-hair. :)

AerisDawn
July 12th, 2008, 02:55 PM
For me it was making the decision to cut all the damage out of my hair and let it grow without anymore chemical abuse. That might not seem like much but I have self esteem problems and every time I feel bad about myself I start thinking,"Maybe I would be pretty if I had blond hair" or "maybe people will notice me with a different haircolor". Then I go and get some cheap dye and kill my hair.

girlcat36
July 12th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Being able to FINALLY(within the last two weeks) get all my hair up into a bun, even the wonky growing in underlayer. It has taken an entire year. I am so happy to now be able to hide my hair in a bun on a bad day.
Next milestone----getting it all into a high bun.

Nevermore
July 12th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Being able to securely bun my hair with nothing but two pins or one hairstick without any hair falling out.

And this isn't a milestone, but a realization I posted about yesterday: I had the longest hair in the room several times recently :D

EvaSimone
July 12th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Mine was when I was able to cover my breasts :p

Mandie
July 13th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Just recently I was told "OMG your hair is so long" which was huge for me... and my proudest milestone... well a lot of them.
1. Realizing my hair has grown almost 10 inches since I started actively growing
2. Realizing I can get my hair into a 3-bump braid when before I couldn't get it into any sort of braid
3. Realizing my hair had FINALLY hit bra-strap again, which was the length it was at when I hacked it all off about ten years ago and hadn't let it grow back out without cutting it since.

Take your pick. :cool:

Unofficial_Rose
July 13th, 2008, 02:06 AM
2. Getting all my hair past shoulder-length to where it was able to stay behind my shoulders. That was the beginning for me of really becoming a long-hair. :)[/quote]

Oh how I long to be able to do this! Hopefully in a few months...

1) That first stubby ponytail (yay! no more daily washing)
2) First hairstick up do (had been admiring sticks for months, now I could HAVE THEM! YAY!
3) First French Braid (now I practically live in them)

Good Idea for a thread, Jojo :cheese:

tiny_teesha
July 13th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Faepirate - mine is same as yours, which is also when i'm at waist. So yeh :)....but it soon wore off :( \My next giant milestone i think will be reaching TB, then having 100% virgin hair (no chemical dyes- i will have herbal streaks!)

paper
July 13th, 2008, 10:20 AM
2. Getting all my hair past shoulder-length to where it was able to stay behind my shoulders. That was the beginning for me of really becoming a long-hair. :)

I can't wait to do that!

MsBubbles
July 13th, 2008, 05:44 PM
For me it was making the decision to cut all the damage out of my hair and let it grow without anymore chemical abuse. That might not seem like much but I have self esteem problems and every time I feel bad about myself I start thinking,"Maybe I would be pretty if I had blond hair" or "maybe people will notice me with a different haircolor". Then I go and get some cheap dye and kill my hair.

:hmm: Oh wow, big time ditto here from me, AerisDawn. Problem is, I'm still in that mode. I have not officially dared to be my natural color. I don't know if I ever will. Good for you that you made that hurdle. The self-esteem remark really gives me something to think about!

I don't know if this milestone counts, but I think it was the first time I went five or so months past when my highlights would have been due (it has been 10 months now). At the time I didn't have any money so that took care of indecision. Now I have the money but have also found LHC!! I loved other milestones such as accidentally getting my hair trapped between my back and the chair, or having my pony tail get caught in my armpit, but I am proud of making the initial break from my salon-dependency.

thankyousir74
July 13th, 2008, 06:02 PM
My proudest milestone so far,
being able to weasel a half up pony tail (tiiiiiny! hahaha)

I still remember the tiny bit of hair I got into that thing one day when I was in history class, but since then, my half up pony has only gotten thicker :D

manderly
July 13th, 2008, 08:05 PM
So far it has been getting my hair stuck in my armpits and getting fresh deodorant goo all over it :D

kwaniesiam
July 13th, 2008, 08:30 PM
My milestone is not length but slowly regaining some lost thickness. It'll be a while, but there is hope that one day I can have an updo and not worry so much about scalp showing through.

harley mama
July 13th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Getting to waist was huge for me. That was my goal when I joined LHC.
Now, who knows when I'll stop! I am thinking maybe classic next!

Riot Crrl
July 13th, 2008, 08:52 PM
My one so far was being able to use sticks again.

morningstar
July 13th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Erm, my proudest milestone so far was being able to completely cover my boobs with my hair... :rolleyes: well, hey, it's a milestone! :bigtongue: :o

This post made me laugh cause I am not sure which is growing faster my breasts or my hair. :mad:

tigerlily83
July 15th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Since I've been growing out my hair since January.... my best moment so far has been when I can actually do somewhat of a french twist or even a (small) bun. I have layers so parts of it peek out but it is a start!

I can't wait until someday...I can do those fancy, gorgeous updos I see all the time on here. :)

Melian
July 16th, 2008, 03:09 AM
My giant milestone was waist. And then I was confused. Should I grow longer or let my perm grow out? But I went on growing and much to my surprise I hit my other "giant" milestone of hip and am nearing my next "giant" milestone of tailbone. Never thought that would happen.
Right now my milestone will be either classic or virgin hair. Whichever comes first!

Country Cowcurl
July 16th, 2008, 04:42 AM
this time around it happened when i was coming home late at night. i looked at my shadow, and my hair actually looked a little "flowy"

Chia Pet
December 26th, 2008, 12:02 AM
My biggest milestone would be when I found the instruction for the infinity bun and then did it. I had seen it once on a girl at a train station and almost chased her down to ask her how she did it. Luckily, LHC helped me realize my dream, it was 7 years from when I saw the girl at the train station to when I finally found my answer. I LOVE the infinity bun.

Drynwhyl
December 27th, 2008, 06:51 PM
probably when my hair started brushing below my elbows, and the bottom of my back ^^

nienna42
December 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Getting my hair to stay up with just a hairfork. I was SO excited the first time I managed.

lizzyjo
December 27th, 2008, 11:49 PM
It was when I first came across a livejournal long hair forum and realized that my hair was BSL; it was already considered long!

Crazy Lady
December 28th, 2008, 12:11 AM
My proudest milestone was when I realized I could put my hair into two pigtails. It was such a huge change from the horrible stages of growing out a pixie cut. A few minutes later I discovered I could bun the two pigtails and I was in love! Now my hair is too long to bun the same way. I wish I could figure out double buns again. :-(

sahiba
December 28th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Mine was when I was able to cover my breasts :p

This post made me laugh cause I am not sure which is growing faster my breasts or my hair. :mad:

:laugh: Now this I was able to do since a long while now.
My milestone would be when I had to get my hair in front of me while pulling my pants up, which I never thought would happen. Now I'm waiting for another milestone, to keep my hair away from my bu** when I want to sit. Hope it comes soon.:)

Misha
December 28th, 2008, 07:00 AM
A proud milestone:

Growing out my layers, and gaining 1/2 inch thickness this year (which included the layers as measured before)! I should gain more thickness next year, as there are a bunch of baby hairs still growing in. I'm happy to have a simple routine which works for me. :)

Carolyn
December 28th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Mine is getting to waistlength. I'd tried several times over the years to do it and I thought my hair just wouldn't grow that long. I've reached tailbone since then and am heading back there again but I think waist length was my biggest achievement. It's given me the most satisfastion.

kelsoberry
December 28th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Mine isn't as impressive, but then again I've had a pixie for almost 10 years... My proudest moment so far was when I realized that it was shoulder length and I was able to put it up with hair sticks. My next goal is APL and final goal is BSL

LilyMunster
December 28th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Two for me: first was getting the last of box dye off the ends, took 4 years
second was reaching tailbone

RocketDog
December 30th, 2008, 04:59 PM
my first length milestone was being able to get my hair into a ponytail with no clips to hold back the short chunks - that happened in July '08

my color milestone passed in November - 6 months no dye!

My next milestone? When I can do a plain-jane english braid and it doesn't stick out funny in the back :P

Sam-I-Am
December 31st, 2008, 11:58 AM
Sitting on it :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/othergirl4christ/Hair/Fromheadtosit.jpg

girlcat36
December 31st, 2008, 12:08 PM
Your hair is so pretty, Sam-I-Am!
Congrats on the milestone!

Radulfr
December 31st, 2008, 12:42 PM
Milestones --
First stubby ponytail
First long enough hair to put in a braid
First Dutch braids - one each side
The length where hair keeps behind my shoulders.
Full BSL - stuck at this point for a long time. :(

Wishing for - waist and then hip-length braid.

Juneii
December 31st, 2008, 01:10 PM
mm.. I haven't reached that many. just two, putting my hair up in a bun with a stick without it falling out and french braiding my hair without my bangs falling out a little while later. I can't wait for my shortest layer to grow past my shoulders, it's just awkwardly sitting there and flipping up while the rest of my hair is perfectly straight, so so annoying.

Phalaenopsis
December 31st, 2008, 02:05 PM
A big milestone for me was to be able to do a french braid. I learned it completely on my own and didn't realise then that it would just be the beginning of many braids. :)

skydancer7
December 31st, 2008, 02:20 PM
Right now each inch is a proud milestone of not obsessively/compulsively dying or cutting my hair :D
My proudest milestone is making a commitment to grow out my hair and following through using two week rule and fewest possible trims.

Fun recent milestone: two stubby pigtails, each almost 2 inches long!

frogette
January 1st, 2009, 11:54 PM
The first time I achived a bun that held. I'm still struggling with learning how to make a proper bun, but I can make one that will last for a while, even if it looks quite messy. I think/hope it's a Gibraltar bun, even if I'm not sure I understood the directions right (it's not my English, I have trouble understanding updo directions in my first language too). I should post a pic once to make sure of what it is -- if anything identifiable -- but I'm a bit embarrassed because it looks quite messy as compared to other people's updos.
My next goal is to succeed in making a french braid but I've not even dared to try yet, even if my hair should be long enough.

LittleLlama
January 2nd, 2009, 12:06 AM
Not a current milestone, but alltime: tucking it behind my ears! DH even remembers that about when we barely had met that I was excited about it.

More recently, getting it all in a clip at my neck- ah, the lovely, breeze-on-my-neck day that was!

vindo
January 2nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
Reaching Tailbone length 2006..got there faster than expected and I did not even expect getting there really..:p

If I will be able to past classic I might call that my milestone..

JamieLeigh
January 2nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
Being able to finally sit on my ends without having to lean my head back was my most recent achievement, which happened in August of this past year ('08...wow...going to take some time to get used to referring to '08 as "last year). Well...I also had a mini-celebration (ok, I lied...it was WAY past mini!) when I took the last pic in December and my hair was at the bottom of my jeans pocket. :D

I had it nearly knee-length about 11 years ago, and cut it to BSL or thereabouts, and around 2003 or so, it reached hip-ish again, and I had maintained it there until 2 years ago when I decided to go for the glory and grow it out all the way. From there, I remember how awesome it felt to get my braid stuck on the button of my back jeans pocket (even though it hurt, I still felt so cool!! :cool:), and the day I was sitting on the sofa and one of the kids walked behind me and stepped on the end of my ponytail (again, OW....yet cool!).

It's the little moments like that which make it worth growing out!

Bene
January 4th, 2009, 04:25 AM
i have a few, i think

1) putting away the heating appliances, knowing that i won't be using them anymore. i keep the blowfryer around for warming up some treatments, but i have no idea where my flat iron went.

2) tossing out all the hair serums and creams and stuff for frizzy hair. knowing that i can rely on oils and homemade concoctions that actually work, and whose ingredients i can pronounce :D

3) the moment i realized that i had fully transitioned from using those hair elastics to using forks or sticks. and by fully transitioned, i mean actually leaving the house without an elastic on my wrist or in my pocket, just in case my fork/stick fell out and i needed to put my hair up in a hurry. i'd used sticks before, but only experimentally. they held, but i wouldn't trust them to spend all day wearing them.

and with that milestone came the actually being able to keep my elastics. i used to have to buy a packet every month or so, but now since i only use them for my sleep braid (at the ends), i don't lose them as much.

saak86
January 5th, 2009, 05:41 PM
when I reach BSL

Misha
January 28th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Horray for this milestone today:

My hand got tangled/stuck in the length of my hair while washing it this morning. :laugh:

zift
January 28th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I think it was when a girl behind my seat asked me to pull my hair away because it was touching her shoes *lol* I was so proud:bigtongue: