View Full Version : If you had a magic hairbrush...

NymphSpirit
December 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I was just reading some Harry Potter fanfiction, and there was a sentence which mentioned a magical brush that would make hair the length, colour and style you wished it to be. So, if you had this magical brush... how would you make your hair look?

Personally I'd make it a 3a, med ash blonde and tailbone length :D oh and no layers or weird fringe or mohawk leftovers, obviously ;)

sarah061
December 18th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Ooh, I would love that so I could change the color all the time without damage! haha

I think I would make it waist length, of course, and .... red! It was a toss up between that and a nice chocolatey brown. Love changing my hair color :) hehe

spike316
December 18th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Mine would be my natural color and texture, but 4 1/2 inches in diameter instead of my normal 3 1/3 and hip length. However if we could use it multiple times I would do all sorts of fun stuff with my color (purple, blue, ect)!

Hollyfire3
December 18th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I would make it just like Piper from Charmed's (Holly Marie Combs) hair, thick, straightish, silky, smooth, strong and oh so long! I would want her perfect layers and blunt full hemline and long layers mixed with face framming ones as well as her dark chestnut color, subtle waves or curls (when she wants them) and pleanty of hair to go around (iii thickness and 4.25 ponytail, like me, but prettier)and Wl-HL most of the time. Oh what a difference it would be from my frizz mess of waves! I just imagine my hair falling in my face and falling so silkily over my shoulders as opposed to just sitting there, i would LOVE it, so soft and beautiful and perfect...(I have the thickness but my hair is just not as pretty as hers) This is my goal all along...heaven forbid i ever get there!

Kerin
December 18th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I would like my hair 3 times thicker same colour and a slight natural wave in my hair. Thats the magic brush wish.

battles
December 18th, 2011, 10:27 PM
3a, medium, iii. Classic length, U shaped hem. I would trim to tailbone if I didn't like classic. I'd like it to be either white or this color. :D http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/281/a/4/Hair_by_lestouis.jpg

Darkessa
December 18th, 2011, 10:35 PM
I would be able to change my hair color whenever, I want slightly smoother hair, and it would be hip length.
Mmm.... If only it could be so.

christine1989
December 19th, 2011, 12:12 AM
My hair is so thick, fluffy and tangle prone that even a magic hairbrush wouldn't be able to get through it! :laugh:

ArienEllariel
December 19th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I'd make mine around tailbone length and iii :) Probably fiddle around with the color too just for fun. After all, magical hairbrushes don't cause dye damage and there is no growing out period. :p

gracenotes
December 19th, 2011, 03:42 AM
I would want the same texture/type, but classic length and with more red and gold in the color.

Arctic
December 19th, 2011, 03:53 AM
I would have 1b F iii hair with no wiryness or kinkyness (they act triggers for my trichotillomania), so each hair strand would be smooth. No frizz, soft and silky feeling, shiny. Waist/hip length with slight v-hemline, unnatural wine red colour. Please, thank you! :D

Mina17
December 19th, 2011, 04:05 AM
I would want mine TBL, thick, glossy and wavy, dark blond. With not even a hint of frizz.

jesis
December 19th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Long, platinum blonde 2c hair! I adore it. :)

Avital88
December 19th, 2011, 04:24 AM
i would make mine a 3a/3b,classic length,darkest of brown/almost black.

PriscillaCherel
December 19th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Hmm, I guess Half bump hair with fine U-shape and 2c and colour..Mid Auburn brown with alot of red tones.

Chibbylick
December 19th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Fingertip length, u shaped hemline, with very long blended layers, bringing out the curl in my whurls... and definite thick white streaks at my temples, rather than the sprinkling of silvers I have now.

patienceneeded
December 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
A magic brush? I would keep my texture and thickness, but eliminate the frizz that crops up every now and then. I like my natural color so I would keep that as well. I guess the only thing I would change is the length, I would want fingertip-length with the full thickness all the way down. Oh, I would eliminate the cowlick that makes it so I have to style my bangs/fringe. If my bangs could look perfect with no effort that would be great!

Amber_Maiden
December 19th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I'd have straight dark brown or auburn or maybe even red TBL hair. Same thickness, but not prone to tangles.

tinywife
December 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM
1a, bright red, down to my knees! Maybe the floor.

CariadA
December 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I think I'd keep it the same color and at the same length it is now, but I would want it thick with no taper and super shiny.

hela
December 19th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Difficult choice, I'd be brushing my hair with that magic brush way too often. First wishes:

- Straight, finer, blond hair, classic length, blunt hemline.

-Red, red, RED! And curly.

Ah, dreaming...

Oksana
December 19th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I would keep my colour but it would be hip length and maybe 3a :)

Narya
December 19th, 2011, 02:59 PM
First, 3a-iii-hip length unstretched-orangey red as pre-oxidation henna on blond... Maybe shorter, to not be overwhelmed by the extra weight.

Then, my color when hennaing (dark auburn but fiery orange in the sun), my texture with no frizz and nice clumped spirals and my goal length of fingertip.

Then...

So many options to try!

Cirafly24
December 19th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Classic length, twice as thick, 2c, and red!

Ermine
December 19th, 2011, 05:05 PM
All one length at waist, fine, and thick! As for texture, I could go for 1b or 2b/2c. I like my current color, but I'd also like to use the brush to try all sorts of crazy colors with no consequences, such as dark purple, red, blue, bleached, the works.

slo2gro
December 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM
OK im gonna say my natural colour and texture but classic length and all one length NO layers woot

VikingVampChick
December 19th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Waist-length (at least) 3a red or dk brown. Basically really long celticurls :D

ETA: in other words, real-life version of the mane (sorry, couldn't resist :) ) character in Brave

raveness13
December 19th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I'd have to go for 1b, ii/iii hair. It'd be jet black, and go to the middle of my thighs, with only a slight taper. No frizz at all. Just slick, shiny, beautiful hair.

Don't even get me started on what I'd do if I could change my hair multiple times...

Tapioca
December 21st, 2011, 01:33 PM
Waist length (hip was a bit too much for me)
Henna gone and back to my natural color
Thickness and waviness are already just as I like them
Keep the greys, but make them softer!

Danelliia
December 21st, 2011, 04:50 PM
Today, my hair would be my natural colour (dark dishwater blonde) with blonde highlights. It would probably be a 3a/b, and maybe only an inch or two longer so that I could use my new hair fork!

Ask me tomorrow I might say redish brown. :D

Finnenna
December 21st, 2011, 05:08 PM
Oh man! I'd make mine red, thicker, very curly, and about waist length. :D With fairy tale endings, of course.

VikingVampChick
December 21st, 2011, 08:37 PM
Waist-length (at least) 3a red or dk brown. Basically really long celticurls :D

ETA: in other words, real-life version of the mane (sorry, couldn't resist :) ) character in Brave

In addition to the above:

Helena Bonham-Carter hair. Especially as Bellatrix or from any red carpet appearance. Love that woman!

DarkSky
December 22nd, 2011, 06:17 PM
Finer and silkier texture for sure, a looser wave pattern, and magically at waist length already. That's it!

cuddledumplin
December 22nd, 2011, 07:17 PM
I'd just go crazy and constantly change the length and colour. I'd have rainbow hair and a mohawk one day and long red hair the next. It'd be so cool.

ChristyCheryl
December 29th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I'd have Strawberry Blond ringlets down to my butt. I CAN DREAM!

CarpeDM
December 29th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Hmmmm, no grays, thicker, and waist length :)

Shesta
December 29th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Oh.. :) I'd have silver-white, fine, iii, knee length hair with 1c texture.

white.chocolate
December 29th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I'd just get rid of all the flyaways and I'm happy.

In2wishin
December 29th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I would return to the color I had as a teenager (medium ash blonde), keep my texture and waves, but go to the upper end of iii thickness

Neya
December 29th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Choices.. I could change daily?

I'd want my childhood golden-platinum pin straight hair(only this time, I want classic legnth!), OR borderline natural redhead with red-red lowlights in ringlets, hip length.

I don't pull off my childhood color anymore, but man, I miss being natural blonde. Red is awesome though no matter what

Loviatar
December 29th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Fun idea!

I'd have Schnee's overall 'look', thickness, wave etc, but my natural colour (dark brown) indoors and Euphony's/Hypnotica's colour outdoors :)

Charlotte:)
December 30th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I do have a magical hairbrush; it's called a Tangle Teezer! It makes the tangles in my hair magically disappear without doing any damage. :)

sunshine-locks
December 30th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Oh! :D I'd use this magical hairbrush to make my hair my natural colour, hip length and at least 4 inches thick all the way down, with no layers :3
I'd also make it so my fringe is heavier/thicker and doesn't poof upwards in the slightest breeze.

piffyanne
December 31st, 2011, 01:52 AM
My favorite hair color on me is when I'm in the sun--sunlight, especially when it hits my hair strands more from the side than directly above, turns my I-can't-tell-what-hair-color-she-has-is-she-blonde-or-brunette? hair (I don't remember what I went with on my driver's license. I don't even know what I'd list myself under NOW) into a blaze of gorgeous coppery reddish fire! In my secret thoughts, I refer to myself as an Occasional Redhead.

Basically, I'd create a permanent ray of sunshine shining from a flattering angle to follow my head around, and, while I was at it, I'd also grow all my varied-length short hairs that occur all down the length into one solid, blunt hemline all through my hair. >>sigh of perfect contentment<

ETA: My current siggie pic isn't my sunlight hair color, but it's close. My current avatar pic, combined with my siggie, gives a decent (ish?) idea of what it looks like the other 98&#37; of the time. I vary in different lighting. My head, as I have said many, many times before, is a confusing place.

Quixii
December 31st, 2011, 02:09 PM
I would make my hair 3b, knee length, and slightly thicker. Mostly the same colour, but a bight brighter/lighter with maybe a hint of strawberry blonde in there.

BrightEyes
December 31st, 2011, 02:35 PM
What a fun idea!
I would make my hair twice as thick as it is now and to a little past BSL with long layers and a u-shaped hemline. I would have swoopy bangs and a few face framing pieces. It would be the same color (blonde) but with natural soft bouncy curls. All of this without spending $100 every other month at the salon and having to roll my hair on rollers every day. It would be perfect naturally:D. Oh my dream hair....

NightOwl26
December 31st, 2011, 02:39 PM
I would want super shiny, thick, and straight (1a/M/iii) at waist length with a V hemline in dark rich brown.

ladylowtide
December 31st, 2011, 02:42 PM
I would make my hair pure white 2c/M/iii classic length. :D Or maybe knee length... That would be a dream come true.

ladyfey
December 31st, 2011, 04:37 PM
Same length and color, but thicker and with a bit of wave.

yummy
January 1st, 2012, 09:35 AM
i'd like a thicker hem line and no grey hairs:(

Jeno86
January 17th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I would make my hair white, knee length, wavy and thicker.

Jessykins
January 17th, 2012, 04:07 PM
probably light brown, to my hips and curly enough at the ends to go into ringlets :)

JadeTigress
January 17th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I'd make mine the deep, rich dark brown that most people thought was black that I had when I was younger (that my brothers never lost, and I am completely jealous). And I'd make it classic length, and super thick, poofy, and curly. I want giant hair. It would be a monster of hair.

Nedertane
January 17th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I would definitely pack on about 4 inches (maybe more?) of length, and have it make my hair thicker, maybe at ii/iii level. I'm not sure if I would change the texture, for as much as I admire s-waves and ringlets, I do so love the ease that comes with straight hair... And because I'm lazy, that would probably win out in the end. :D As for color, hmm... I'd probably keep it at or close to my natural color, maybe give a little more of a golden tone than it already has.

PixxieStix
January 17th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I would first have the still thin areas on top of my scalp *completely* filled in, magically make ALL my hair strands the same thickness, texture, etc. ("different" hairs on my scalp can be a trigger for my trichotillomania too), have my hair magically grow to tailbone length, with a slight U shaped hemline, some long layers, and a 4.5 inch ponytail circumference. For colors, I would alternate between the color my hair is when I henna over my auburn hair, and stark silver-white. :D I can't wait to have TBL white hair. *sighs dreamily* (Okay, who am I kidding, ANY color TBL hair, lol!)

gthlvrmx
January 17th, 2012, 08:11 PM
I'd make mine spiral 3a curls down to the floor and thick...like 6 inches thick. :D A nice brown with light brown in it.

inkd
January 17th, 2012, 09:28 PM
LadyLongLocks hair! Every day. She is the hair god. <3

MonaLisa
January 18th, 2012, 02:20 AM
I would make it thicker, less fragile, darker, same texture, V cut, classic length...with some long layers :)

janeytilllie
January 18th, 2012, 02:28 AM
If I had a magical hair brush I would want 1a / M / iii / knee length hair in a golden/medium blonde colour. I would also want a blunt thick hemline and my hair to be super shiny :)

tegaroo
February 8th, 2012, 04:05 AM
I want one that changes length and color. I could have a hot pink pixie one day and waist length auburn the next. The perfect solution to my short attention span.

eicamawa
February 8th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I would make mine tailbone length with a 2b/c and a light blonde color, and even thicker than what I have now (Mayve about 15 cm in thickness). And if I could could do that to, I would make it perfectly healthy and shiny, without any frizz.

Curly_jas
February 8th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Ooh what a fun idea, if only it were true :P I'd have wavy 2b, waist length, medium chocolate brown hair, same thickness though. Oh and all one length, no layers, in perfect healthy condition :D

Pixie0763
February 8th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Although I don't mind my natural color & texture, it would be fun to able to change it at will! With that said, one day I'd have a hot pink Pixie cut; the next day it would be to my knees, natural, & very very shiny! :)

wandlimb
February 8th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Tailbone length, wavy and proper bright ginger!

Avital88
February 8th, 2012, 08:18 AM
i would make mine blue black 3b

StellaKatherine
February 8th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Oh , i would first make my hair in a beautiful big curls. It would be the hip lenght, thick and shiny and natural bright red, or actually colour if it would just be shiny and thick and curly and long - yami! Omng i would so love it ^^

naturally yours
February 10th, 2012, 07:30 AM
If I had a magic hair brush I would use it make my hair damage resistant. So it couldn't split or break. And no matter what I did to my hair it will stay healthy.

PurplePenguin
February 10th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I would make mine about a 3c/4a, medium, and ii. The color would be a firey copper and red color.

turtlelover
February 10th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Mine would be super thick and shiny, dark chocolate brown, type 2B, and tailbone length with face framing layers.

Littlewing13
February 10th, 2012, 09:58 PM
If I could just change colour without any damage & no colour fade? I'd probably do something crazy like fairy floss pink or baby blue. Or teal. Tailbone of course with a v shaped hem & no fringe, just slight shaping around my face. Slight wave but not like mine which sticks out in ways i don't want.

MandyBeth
February 10th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I want Nina Hagen's hair from the Seeman video. Heck, I just want to grow up to be as freaking awesome as her.

ravenheather
February 11th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Thick, red, tailbone length would be awesome. And waves bordering on curls.

terylenerose
February 11th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I'd make mine virgin terminal length, with some more white in it. I have only 2 or 3 white hairs and it would be fun to have more. :) I might also try out all white or very light green.

Becky9679
February 12th, 2012, 01:25 AM
I'd keep my texture but I'd go to knee length, iii and make the black natural.

Guenever
February 12th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Dark brown, 2c/3a, M, iii, finger-tip length with no significant taper -showed off in a loooong braid :inlove:

Viola88
February 12th, 2012, 07:19 AM
I would like to try full, curly, tailbone length black hair but I'd want to keep the brush so I could change back.

ravenheather
February 12th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I'd want TB length, wavy but not frizzy, thick hair either red or dark brown.

terylenerose
February 12th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Oh, sorry. By "virgin" I meant my natural color. If you're using a magic hairbrush it's automatically virgin. I forgot to mention that I would also make it grow 1 inch a month and be really easy to comb through, and not lighten in the sun. I might also want to try out 1a ii in dark brown (which was always my dream hair) and 3a in red. Also something in the 4's just so I could see what that was like. I would probably go back to my natural color if I could keep the brush.

Just to be accurate here, I read some of the Harry Potter books (in French, because I'm trying to learn it) and I believe the magic hairbrush was actually a special power that you were born with. If you had that power you were a "Metamorphomage" (don't know if it's different in English) and could freely change your appearance just by concentrating. That included, obviously, being able to change your hair at will.
Sorry for the nit picking. Back on the subject, I know that if you change your hair color magically, there isn't any growing out period or dye line, and I think that, say, if you made your hair into a hot pink pixie and left it alone for a few months, it would just start growing in hot pink. Does anyone have any thoughts? The other possibility is that it simply does not grow until you put it back into its natural state, or something like that.

Arakazi
February 13th, 2012, 02:16 AM
I would make mine a 2a/b TBL reddy brown color and maybe a V hemline. Not too sure but since it's a magic hair brush, if you don't like it you can instantly change it! :magic:

leslissocool
February 13th, 2012, 02:33 AM
http://karmaburn.com/files/screenshots/sailor_moon/moon0201.jpg

This is what it would look like. Honestly I am STILL in love with her hair! She's the reason why I've always kept it long, and she's now the reason why I want to grow my hair to knee :crush:.

LovingLife
February 13th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Knee length, same texture and a beautiful red blonde like Nightshade's beautiful hair colour :)

PriscillaCherel
February 13th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Tailbone length hair and my own texture. Make it dark brown naturally. With a thick fine U or straight hemline.

Jesabel
February 13th, 2012, 05:57 AM
I would make my hair my final goal.. Hip length with my layers grown out to only a few long layers and my natural colour all back :) I'd keep my natural colour as is, as well as my texture and wave pattern :) so overall I like my hair, just want it to grow already! :o

EtherealDoll
February 13th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I would make my hair between hip and tailbone length, my own texture and naturally strawberry blonde.

Shermie Girl
February 13th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Classic length, light, neutral blonde, absolutely free of any layers and straight, silky and supershiny. :magic:

Ligeia_13
February 16th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I would make it waist length, wavy and red :D

HairCareJunkie
February 20th, 2012, 11:29 AM
:magic:Waist length, stick straight, thick, shiny, honey blond hair !

TeaGarden
February 22nd, 2012, 10:21 AM
I'd probably want my hair hip length, swedish blonde (which is the color I have, unfortunately I need to help my dark ash blonde hair with a little bleach to get it there. D:), and with a little more wave to it than I naturally have.
So, basically, Lady Galadriel (http://backseatcuddler.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Cate-Blanchett-as-Lady-Galadriel.jpg) with thicker hair.

millyaulait
February 22nd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Dark, chocolate brown. Waist length. A little thicker. Slightly wavy. Shiny. :)

Oh, and I hope this magical brush would add volume too!

maborosi
February 22nd, 2012, 07:48 PM
I'd want 1a/1b, M, iii 42" of hair in a beautiful, vibrant red color...
You know I'm a total dork when I'm using the classification system to make a wish about my hair, lol! :p

~maborosi~

evieisocoolike
April 13th, 2012, 02:16 PM
I'd make it wavy, medium-fine, shiny, light brown with golden ombred tips, and tailbone/hip length. Ahhhhh. :D

Maiken
April 14th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Uh.. I would want my hair to be waist length, ash blonde and the 1c/b it is now. And bangs all grown out of course:)

Kwantslonghair
April 14th, 2012, 06:31 AM
I would like what I call a honey blond color , a little thicker and just past the waist

CynthiaK
April 14th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I'd make mine iii, 2b, shiny and down to my hip.

MinderMutsig
April 14th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I kind of like my own texture and wave (although I could do without the annoying cowlick near my forehead) so I'd keep that, make my hair ankle length (because if I don't like that I could always trim back) and I'd make it either a tiny bit blonder, bright orange red or shiny silver.

Laylah
April 14th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I would keep everything except change the texture to 3c. I would love red hair too but I'm not fair skinned enough to make it look realistic.

Majala
April 14th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I would make it a generous iii/3b, raven black and middle back length (I'm fairly new here so I'm not familiar with all the abbreviations for length yet).

Honeyfall
April 14th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Hip-length, 1c iii super-shiny pale silver hair with a hem somewhere between U and V. Thick enough to have some subtle layering without looking thin at the ends.

At least the color and length are possibilities someday, eh? ;)

Vampyria
April 14th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Mine would be naturally red, really thick, a bit curly and waist length.

Something like this would be more than great:
http://vanitykilledthecat.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/mcx050108bered005-med.jpg :crush:

Jesabel
April 14th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I would make my hair all my virgin colour again instead of this processed hair (maybe even tweak my virgin colour to a bit more brown?) and have it to waist with longer layers :) My final goal is hip but I would like to grow it down to there myself, just this BSL to waist abyss is getting on my nerves! And I'd keep my natural wave pattern and thickness

Jadecas
April 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM
i would make mine ,honey brown ,terminal length and healthy !

BatBeteNoire
April 14th, 2012, 10:53 PM
It would allow me to change my hair color with a pass o the brush! Rainbow colors and glow in the dark included. :happydance: