PDA

View Full Version : No blowfrying anniversary coming up!

letterstodes
December 18th, 2011, 01:41 PM
On January 7th of this year I made a desperate plea for advice about my abuse of the blowfryer and how to quit. I am about 3 weeks away from being one ENTIRE year blowdryer free. Actually HEAT free in general. No blowdrying, straightening irons, or curling irons. I attribute my success to the encouragement of this group and coming here frequently (read: lurking frequently) for inspiration. My hair feels and looks amazing. 27 inches going strong. Hope you all have met your goals this year and looking forward to more happy hair in 2012. :)

MungoMania
December 18th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Congrats. I've been blowfryer free for almost a year too. Not easy to initiate in the winter time, is it. :)

einna
December 18th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Fun anniversary :) Congrats. And we would always enjoy some pics you know ;)

jacqueline101
December 25th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Congratulations its been about 6 months for me.

Shuan
December 25th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Congratulations, glad your hair is healthier now.

Can't remember the last time I blowdried, never really used it a lot. My mom always told me my hair would turn yellow (from black) if I did it too much. :p

blondie9912
December 25th, 2011, 05:59 PM
That's wonderful! It's true that the less you use heat on your hair, the better it will look when you finally do for a special ocassion. For example, if you blow dry/straighten your hair 5 times a week, your hair will probably be crispy, dry, and split. But if you only straighten twice a year, your hair will probably look like silk flowing from your head when you do. Keep going with the resolution, it does wonders for your hair :)