PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for PP shed, thickening hemline, and reaching goal length?

Gnomentum
December 18th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I had a strategy all worked out. I was going to start microtrimming in 2012 to thicken my hemline now I've reached tailbone, keep at that for a year, then try and reach classic in 2013.

But - I had a baby at the end of July, and now I'm having a major shed. In about the last five weeks I've collected enough shed hair to completely fill my hand and make a substantial rat from (I'll probably do that after Christmas, though - enough to worry about in the next week without spending hours felting my old hair together!). I'm not too worried about the shed, though there's a visible difference in volume in some styles (french twist in particular) I was expecting it and I have no bald spots so it's all good apart from the inevitable growing-out period.

My question is this: Is it actually worth microtrimming this year, given that I'll have visible regrowth in a year's time anyway? Or would I be better off just heading straight for classic length and start microtrimming when I get there, with just S&D in the meantime?

I wear my hair up almost all the time, for the record. The only time I wore it down in 2011 was for my wedding. But I *would* like a blunter hemline.

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2011, 08:46 AM
If its damaged from the shed you experienced I'd microtrim to get rid of the damage. If you're growing to classic and there is no damage I'd just grow.