PDA

View Full Version : Very weird non-growth

W2
December 18th, 2011, 05:21 AM
I can see that my hair grows on the top - my grays is clearly more apparent. But it does not seem to be longer at the ends. Very strange. :confused:

Hotrox
December 18th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Are you noticing damage on the ends? Or is it getting curlier and hiding the length? On the plus side at least you know it's growing :-)

Copasetic
December 18th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Hair grows from the root, so that makes total sense. You might not be noticing the length down your back because you are focused on it too much. You might want to try putting it up for a month or two and then having a good look at it.

And judging from your picture, you might be a little more curly than you think. That could be eating up length too.

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2011, 08:30 AM
My hair curls and its a perm so as it grows the curls going away. I'd look or changes like that and the color look at the roots and see if its darker. The dark roots indicate new growth they're dark because the sun hasn't faded them.

jojo
December 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
maybe your hair getting some wave as it gets longer? just wondering why you have hip before waist in your siggi? are you trimming back to waist when you hit hip? just a bit confused!

spidermom
December 18th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Sometimes it's your newer, shorter hairs that are growing, so you don't see a length change.

jojo
December 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM
^^ very true, this being why some, myself included grow out before down!

W2
December 18th, 2011, 12:29 PM
maybe your hair getting some wave as it gets longer? just wondering why you have hip before waist in your siggi? are you trimming back to waist when you hit hip? just a bit confused!

Think I just got confused :rolleyes:

W2
December 18th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Maybe it is wavyer than I think - but tugging at the ends doesn't add that much length.

Okay - I'll give it a coupple more months before I panic :)

jojo
December 18th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Think I just got confused :rolleyes:

ha ha! i see you have changed it! thought you was going to grow to hip and then trim to waist!:D

Zesty
December 18th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Your hair looks much wavier than 1b to me in your sig picture, which may be contributing to it. Maybe you should try some curly girl and see what happens -- or maybe your waves will become more apparent as your hair gets longer. Either way, don't panic, just wait it out. Unless you're having other health problems, a small stall is no reason to worry.