PDA

View Full Version : Photographic Retrospective? Share!

piffyanne
December 17th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I went through my computer's uploaded camera image files to find pictures of my hair out, and it was crazy how few images there were of me, but I found at least one a year for as far back as the archives go. It's interesting to watch the way your hair changes over time. Does anyone else want to do one of these with me?

In case you want to follow the gleaned information about my personal head of hair, this is what I came up with:
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/388653_10150420173267282_632327281_8829109_7638266 84_n.jpg
2002: Well, it's definately hair... Nothing that lovely about it before next year's Famous cut (see 2003b).
2003a: Before Landmark haircut.
2003b: The famous haircut
2004: Growing out cut (white shirt), re-cutting it at right (purple shirt). A lackluster year.
2005: The wurl/wave begins appearing.
2006: The wurl/wave intensifies. All frizz, all the time by now.
2007: Even curlier? HOW?!? No big cuts since 2003, watch those curls devour length! At left (red): airdried texture.
2008: Height of wurl.
2009: Slowly losing wurl except on ends. Hair length BSL-ish.
2010: Nearly straight hair, save for braidwaves. NOTE THE HUGE JUMP IN HAIRGROWTH SPEED, see this thread for how I did it: 83673 (it's the link provided by the top bar, I can't figure out why it doesn't work! O_O) titled "Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?" and created by piffyanne. Spurt started when I began using affirmations on it. (Little brother graduated highschool this year!:))
2011: Waaaaay more length, faaaaaar less texture. GROWTH SPURT CONTINUES!:cheese:
I used Photoshop to do this, but you might be able to do it with whatever program you have to hand. It's a useful reference, I think, and gave me some timely reminders of what my hair did at which stage, and some ideas about why it did certain things at certain times. (For instance, 2009 was a big year for buns, if you go from the fact that it's bunned in every single photo but two, and my hair was really straight except for giant curls on the ends. Maybe that's related?)

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Love this and LOVE your hair, it is so beautiful and full! I hope my hair is that beautiful when it is your 2011 length. How did you get those curls?! I wish i had curls like that instead of frizz...and wurls

Oksana
December 18th, 2011, 04:27 AM
That is brilliant :) I went through my pictures and noticed that the years I had shorter hair (APL and above) there are very very little pictures of me, and then the longer my hair gets the more pictures i have.

This definitely clarifies to me that my hair is a massive vanity/confidence thing for me :o

Oh and piffyanne i tried following the link you gave but it didn't seem to work...is it broken or just my internet?

Moor_tu_lyfe
December 18th, 2011, 05:24 AM
I went through my images for the past 5 years, and cannot find 1 photo of me with my hair out. :( I wish I had taken more photos to get a better idea of before LHC and after LHC!

holothuroidea
December 18th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Beautiful crazy mystery curls!

I am curious, maybe these are taken during different times of the year? Maybe your hair is wurly in winter and straight in the summer, or visa versa? It doesn't seem dependent on length.

piffyanne
December 18th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Oh and piffyanne i tried following the link you gave but it didn't seem to work...is it broken or just my internet?

Finalllly figured out what was wrong. Corrected the link! :rolleyes:

Beautiful crazy mystery curls!

I am curious, maybe these are taken during different times of the year? Maybe your hair is wurly in winter and straight in the summer, or visa versa? It doesn't seem dependent on length.
I'll have to go back and check! >Braces self for another foray through the past.< They seemed pretty consistent through the whole year when I was wurly, if I remember properly. . . ?

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Your has made great progress and the picture retrospective is great thanks for sharing.

Amber_Maiden
December 18th, 2011, 08:40 AM
You have very pretty hair! :)

holothuroidea
December 18th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Finalllly figured out what was wrong. Corrected the link! :rolleyes:

I'll have to go back and check! >Braces self for another foray through the past.< They seemed pretty consistent through the whole year when I was wurly, if I remember properly. . . ?

That is so strange! There has to be a reason, right? Maybe there was something different about your care routines for those years?

...mystery curls!

Kira94
December 18th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Regardles of when your hair is wavy or not, it's so pretty! :crush:
I'll try to make a past to present picture of my hair! Maybe later this evening or tomorrow. :)