PDA

View Full Version : Do you shed more in the winter?

maborosi
December 17th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I've noticed that I do. I freaked out a little bit over the last few weeks about the slightly larger amount of hair I seem to be shedding. I also tend to shed when I get stressed/depressed. I find my mood seems to tank around this time of year.

It also doesn't help I have just moved, and consequently, I am all kinds of worn out and stressed.

Anyone else?

~maborosi~

jaine
December 18th, 2011, 12:18 AM
I think it varies from person to person. If it happens every year at the same time I'm sure it's normal. I shed the most in the summer...sometimes it feels like handfuls of hair coming out in the shower but it happens to me every summer so I assume it's normal for me.

sonng
December 18th, 2011, 12:25 AM
:< yes i shed a lot in the winter and sometimes it feels like it doesnt grow during this time of the year but in the summer i have better luck. Don't worry too much ^^ just make sure u eat well and drink lots of liquids.

jeanniet
December 18th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I shed the most at the beginning of the summer, but I usually have a heavier shed in late fall, too. But not all during the winter, no. Everyone has different shed patterns, though.

vdhendrix
December 18th, 2011, 01:06 AM
i think i shed more in the summer, ive noticed since its gotten colder i don't really shed much

|Xei
December 18th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I also seem to shed more during summer.

Amber_Maiden
December 18th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Yes- it's absolutely disgusting... agh!

maria_tasha
December 18th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Yes I shed a lot during winter. My hair is everywhere!

airmid
December 18th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Yup. :( Winter is killing my hair!

wtchmel
December 18th, 2011, 09:19 AM
strangly enough, i actually shed more in the summer months, not sure as to why. I also shed more if i use conditioner, but hell, try getting a comb through non conditioned hair, almost impossible, ;)

LocustSpawning
December 18th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Same here... the past few weeks my hair's been shedding way more. I don't understand why! You'd think your body would want to 'keep' more hair to keep you warmer during the cold winter months. Oh well :]

Arctic
December 18th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I don't shed much normally, but have shedding phases during autumn and spring, when I shed more for few weeks. Only this autumn my body skipped this :) To answer the question, No I don't shed more during the winter.

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2011, 01:19 PM
It seems that way for me. I haven't paid attention in the past but I've noticed this winter it shed more then in the summer.

vamq
December 18th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I shed WAY more during the winter. Combine that with severe stress and you can understand why I find my hair everywhere around the house, and on my clothes as well. Yugh!

I'm really awaiting summer, and hopefully it will be a good summer this time (not one like this year with only rain and temperatures not above 18 degrees Celcius..). In a good summer, my hair grows like madness while shedding is minimal :)

FamBam
December 18th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I feel that I shed more in the winter too as well as the texture of my hair becoming more frizzy so I try and be a bit more careful with my hair and use protein treatment and coconut oil masks to help combat it.