PDA

View Full Version : Joico products, some tips please

insomniac-uk
December 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I have been suffering from frizzy ends, my hair is not damaged just really frizzy. After searching the board I thought I would try joico chelating shampoo. My awesome sister brought me a bottle as a early christmas present she also brought me a bottle of Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor.

I'm not really sure which I should use first, also does anyone have any tips to make sure I get the best results.

kittymallow
December 17th, 2011, 06:25 PM
i would definetly cleanse away anything on your hair and then do the treatment afterwards. that way your hair wil be more open and ready for the treatment :) so shampoo number 1, treatment number 2:)

insomniac-uk
December 17th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Thank you Kitty :)

blondie9912
December 18th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I've been using this stuff even before the LHC! What I would do is shampoo, rinse well, use about a dime-sized blob of the treatment in order to comb my hair in the shower, and then rinse that out well (while combing my hair gently in order to make sure it was tangle free). Then I would get out of the shower, wrap my hair in a towel for about 5 minutes, and then apply a small handful of the treatment to my hair, and blowdry my hair on medium heat but low power (to get it to penetrate better). Then I would rinse it out with cool/lukewarm water. It works amazingly well!

blondie9912
December 18th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Oh, and use the chelating shampoo first, DEFINITELY :) You want your hair to have a 'clean slate' before loading it up with the conditioner

spidermom
December 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM
A common cause of frizz is combing/brushing dry curls and waves. Have you tried combing conditioner through, rinsing, and then letting your hair dry without manipulation?

insomniac-uk
December 18th, 2011, 10:19 PM
@blondie thankyou for the tips, I never thought to use a bit of heat.
@spidermom my hair is wavy, usually I do let it air dry using the method you suggested and I only get a bit of frizz. The past month or so it has just gotten worse, my hair still feels soft to touch but it just looks like really frizzy.