PDA

View Full Version : Losing hair

littlestarface
December 17th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I have noticed that while I have been on Coing I am losing alot of hair everytime in the shower and when I comb my hair with the TT. When I used to use shampoo and conditioner I never lost so much hair before.

Do you think maybe its because of the conditioner on the scalp? or because of the scrubbing you have to do more with CO?

Mina17
December 17th, 2011, 02:34 PM
That happened to me when I was COing. I had to go back to using shampoo and now I shed very little. For me anyway, I don't think conditioner is cleansing enough and caused me to get buildup on the scalp. When I S&C I get conditioner on my scalp and it doesn't bother it.

littlestarface
December 17th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I think maybe I will try to do shampoo for a week and see how that works out cuz I dont want to lose more hair:(

girlcat36
December 17th, 2011, 03:31 PM
CO definately causes more hair loss for me.

Madora
December 17th, 2011, 03:36 PM
"Scrubbing" is not conducive to gentle hair care. The harder you try to shampoo, the more damage.

Conditioner is NOT a cleanser. Shampoo is.

If you're having trouble cleansing your hair thoroughly, try diluting your shampoo and your conditioner too.

When shampooing, only use your fingerpads, not your nails. Try shampooing in one direction at a time..i.e. top of crown down right side, then left side, then the back.

If you shampoo in the bent at the waist position, you'll be able to reach the nape hairs more easily.

Before starting the shampoo, brush (or comb) your hair thoroughly to remove any loose hair.

littlestarface
December 17th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Well you know with the fingerpads to work in the conditioner to remvoe the oil form scalp like this I do.

Girlcat im glad im not the only one I thought it was just me. I guess my scalp doesnt like conditioner on the scalp:( pity cuz it is a good cleanser for oil treatment. I think ill use sulfate free shampoo see how that works out.

Henna Princess
December 17th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I have noticed that while I have been on Coing I am losing alot of hair everytime in the shower and when I comb my hair with the TT. When I used to use shampoo and conditioner I never lost so much hair before.

Do you think maybe its because of the conditioner on the scalp? or because of the scrubbing you have to do more with CO?

Have you tried almond oil or mustard oil? They help stop and prevent hair loss when you apply it to your scalp using some friction.

Mesmerise
December 17th, 2011, 04:09 PM
If you shampoo in the bent at the waist position, you'll be able to reach the nape hairs more easily.

Before starting the shampoo, brush (or comb) your hair thoroughly to remove any loose hair.

I would think hair would get MORE tangled if you washed with your head upside down?! I think it's easier to do it all upright, because after conditioning when I rinse it all out, my hair is fairly tangle free and straight down my back.

JadeTigress
December 17th, 2011, 05:59 PM
CO made me shed more, too, both in and out of the shower. Even though I always brush my hair to get the loose ones out right before I get in the shower. So I finally had to go back to shampoo. It really sucks, because I love how CO makes my hair look. But it's just not worth the massive amount of shedding. I'd rather have all my hair on my head and not have it quite as dark and glossy than have beautiful hair but barely any of it.

Maddy_T
December 17th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Agggh! exactly the same happens to me, I tried co-washing for about a week and was losing 3 x as much hair as I normally do with shampooing. Is it maybe because you're not clearing any build up over the follicles?, so they become weaker/unable to grow out properly and end up falling out? I'm not sure... never again anyway! :)

merseaone
December 17th, 2011, 07:06 PM

Why are you having to scrub? When my hair was long I CO I didn't have to scrub, I massaged gently and I didn't lose any hair. Of course I had to start over after Chemo .... man, I lost some hair then! I don't recommend chemo unless you want to go bald ! :bigtongue: LOL

tinywife
December 17th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I was losing a ton of hair during my few months of CO. As in, I went from losing maybe 15 hairs in the shower to 50 or more. When I finally saw the light and stopped CO, my hair loss normalized immediately. It makes me sad, because I probably lost a bit of thickness, but at least I learned.
I don't know if it was the conditioner that did it, or the scrubbing I had to do. It was very hard for me to get my hair clean with conditioner and I really had to work it in a lot. I'm not sure if I still would have lost hair if I had been able to get my hair clean without scrubbing so much.
However, when I stopped doing CO I started using a sulfate-free shampoo, and my hair actually seems to be LESS dry now. So there are options.

littlestarface
December 17th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I was losing a ton of hair during my few months of CO. As in, I went from losing maybe 15 hairs in the shower to 50 or more. When I finally saw the light and stopped CO, my hair loss normalized immediately. It makes me sad, because I probably lost a bit of thickness, but at least I learned.
I don't know if it was the conditioner that did it, or the scrubbing I had to do. It was very hard for me to get my hair clean with conditioner and I really had to work it in a lot. I'm not sure if I still would have lost hair if I had been able to get my hair clean without scrubbing so much.
However, when I stopped doing CO I started using a sulfate-free shampoo, and my hair actually seems to be LESS dry now. So there are options.
This sounds exactly like me,it makes me sad too cuz I love the way it gets the oil out and it feels less dry but like you others say its not worth losing all that extra hair *sigh*

CurlyMopTop
December 18th, 2011, 06:25 AM
I definitely had more shedding with CO. :( Like many others, I had to stop.

hototogisu
December 18th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I also had much more shedding after CO. Try CWCing for a while - that really helped me keep that lovely soft CO feeling while keeping my scalp clean.

littlestarface
December 18th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I also had much more shedding after CO. Try CWCing for a while - that really helped me keep that lovely soft CO feeling while keeping my scalp clean.
Is that where you do conditioner on the bottom of hair and shampoo only on top and then do conditioner again?