PDA

View Full Version : headband curls take 2

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I put my hair up at 9:30 last night and just took it down... I am really happy with the result. :cheese:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i138/glcobb2/93717dc3.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i138/glcobb2/9ba8ad70.jpg

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Aww, you don't look happy in the pic, maybe its just cause its too early in the morning lol. Seriously,thsoe curls look awsome! I love them! It remind me of Paige (Rose Mcgowan in Charmed) 5th season hair when she had it red and curled. I bet she used soo many products and damaging heat and look, you have movie star quality curls with a simple head band! I love it! I am also glad you are happy with it too, resume your good hair day now.

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Awww ty holly! I was trying to concentrate on using my cellphone in the mirror to take the pics. I turn the camera towards me to get better photos.

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Awww ty holly! I was trying to concentrate on using my cellphone in the mirror to take the pics. I turn the camera towards me to get better photos.

However you took the pics, I'm glad you did because they look awsome! I LOVE seeing everyone's results with different styling methods! Who is your hair idol? I know off topic but there must be a look your going for with that pretty shade of red and nice curls! I love your hair, really i do.

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Actually, that is my natural color. :) Its our anniversary so I wanted to do something a little special with my hair. I do love the vintage pinup look - but I am also trying to keep what I put in my hair to a minimum so the band curls work great - I just use my normal leave in.

Ty for the compliments - I am blushing over here.

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Actually, that is my natural color. :) Its our anniversary so I wanted to do something a little special with my hair. I do love the vintage pinup look - but I am also trying to keep what I put in my hair to a minimum so the band curls work great - I just use my normal leave in.

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM

Aww happy anniversary, hope you have fun! Beautiful natural color and you are rockin the pinup look. Yeah, i agree too much products just make my hair frizzy and icky, hence the reason i am clarifying later today. I mention the Paige from Charmed comment because my hair idol is Holly Marie Combs (Piper from the same show) I think her hair is stunning and am obtanable goal for me. So, before i go on a long rant, i will bve quite about Piper, enjoy your anniversary and your hair!
oh and i would send you a frien request but...dont know how to do that...yet

kristib123
December 17th, 2011, 11:03 AM
WOW! That turned out awesome!! I have to run out today so I am going to find a good headband to use. I hope I get results like that :D

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 11:05 AM
WOW! That turned out awesome!! I have to run out today so I am going to find a good headband to use. I hope I get results like that :D

That curling method is cool, and gret results too! I think my hair is too thick to put in one band without it looking funny...i wish there was an easier way to do this for thicker hair. But i woule love to see hwo your hair turns out kristib123

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Ladies I use the wide band headbands from the dollar store. the little tiny ones she showed in the video made my head hurt. I secure the front of the band with little clips or bobby pins.

Holly you asked me about my hair idol - in a way its me. This is what it looked like back in 2002 after I had cut off several inches to go from waist to midback.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i138/glcobb2/819d2913.jpg

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Ladies I use the wide band headbands from the dollar store. the little tiny ones she showed in the video made my head hurt. I secure the front of the band with little clips or bobby pins.

Holly you asked me about my hair idol - in a way its me. This is what it looked like back in 2002 after I had cut off several inches to go from waist to midback.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i138/glcobb2/819d2913.jpg

Aww, why did you cut it? that is some seriously beautiful hair! Well, cheers to you getting it back! You must post pics when it is that long again!

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Person I was dating at the time got REALLY tired of being choked nightly with my hair, so I cut it. I cut it back to shoulder length about 2 years ago and now I am regretting it, so its growing back out. I need one more cut to even up the layers once it gets down to where it was in 2002. I MISS my hair. I used to keep it up, but would wear it down for special occaisions - and like an idiot I slept with it down. I am going to attempt a half up-do today with the curls and some hair sticks. I have some cute ones, and my nice ebony ones. I am using chopsticks from China (the ebony ones) and they are the best thing I have ever found to keep it up during the day.

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Person I was dating at the time got REALLY tired of being choked nightly with my hair, so I cut it. I cut it back to shoulder length about 2 years ago and now I am regretting it, so its growing back out. I need one more cut to even up the layers once it gets down to where it was in 2002. I MISS my hair. I used to keep it up, but would wear it down for special occaisions - and like an idiot I slept with it down. I am going to attempt a half up-do today with the curls and some hair sticks. I have some cute ones, and my nice ebony ones. I am using chopsticks from China (the ebony ones) and they are the best thing I have ever found to keep it up during the day.

Well congrats on growing your hair the way you like now. You are not any idiot for sleeping with your hair down, i do so alot just because it gets more tangled in a braid or ponytail, not to mention the huge lump i have to sleep on that is my hair. I know i have no pics but, to get an idea of what my hair looks like, just google Holly Marie Combs, imagine that thickness (very thick) with frizz and waves/curls. I love it sometimes but sometimes wonder if it would be easier to cut to shoulder length. Since you have had shorter hair, do you think the easiness is worth not having long hair?
Good luck with the half updo, post pics!

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I prefer it longer -- especially in the fall and spring. My hair really only stays up in the dead heat of the southern summers. In the winter because it is shorter I leave it down more, or put up the top and leave the length.

If YOU get enjoyment out of your hair, then by all means keep it. When I cut mine shorter (to the shoulder) I really needed simple care because my arthritis is mainly in my shoulders, neck, and hands. Now I honestly don't care how much it hurts. I want to look "good" again in my eyes - so I am losing weight and letting my hair grow out. :)

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I prefer it longer -- especially in the fall and spring. My hair really only stays up in the dead heat of the southern summers. In the winter because it is shorter I leave it down more, or put up the top and leave the length.

If YOU get enjoyment out of your hair, then by all means keep it. When I cut mine shorter (to the shoulder) I really needed simple care because my arthritis is mainly in my shoulders, neck, and hands. Now I honestly don't care how much it hurts. I want to look "good" again in my eyes - so I am losing weight and letting my hair grow out. :)

Well, i enjoy my hair when it is acting right and just laugh at it when it is frusturating but since it looks soo pretty long and i LOVE Piper's hair and want mine to be WL like hers, i am gonna keep my dream of long hair alive. I have always wanted long hair, i am going to get it! I am sure your hair and you will look beautiful to the world before it does to your own standards, we are all our worst critics. Again, good luck with your hair growing journey, enjoy every minute.

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Yes we are - but I am not doing thsi for them -- its for ME. Finally I am accepting its ok to do something just for ME.

Kaelee
December 17th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I really want this to work but I can't get my hair wrapped that way. It keeps unwinding itself from the headband before I even get it wrapped. It's like my hair is spring loaded! They layers don't help either.

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 12:40 PM
What kind of headband are you using? Mine are like this:

http://www.trimweaver.com/tw-fhb-01-2.html

I think these came from the dollar store

Kaelee
December 17th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Mine are the narrow kind from Goody. I am wearing it to hold my hair back while the rest of it is in a ponytail and it's working GREAT though.

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 01:12 PM
For the curls, I would use the larger ones. It made all the difference for me.

Kaelee
December 17th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Thanks! When I feel like dropping more dough on hair things I'll try a bigger one. :)

kristib123
December 17th, 2011, 04:39 PM
That curling method is cool, and gret results too! I think my hair is too thick to put in one band without it looking funny...i wish there was an easier way to do this for thicker hair. But i woule love to see hwo your hair turns out kristib123

I did get some headbands today and just as a quick test I tried to wind a few pieces around it. I think I might need to watch the tutorial again-LOL! It sure looked easier watching them do it rather than when I tried it :confused:

Elistariel
March 28th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I'm trying this right now. I'm at my grandparents' and the only cloth headbands here are either super thin or super thick. I've got the thick one on. It's about as wide as a chapstick minus the lid.
In the video I watched the mom did her daughter's hair to the middle, then started at the other side. I tried that and could not for the life of me figure out what to do with the ends. I just went all the way around. I figure if it doesn't work I can always toss it in a ponytail or bun.

I'd post images, but I can't seem to add photos to my albums right now. :confused:

Eirelin
March 31st, 2012, 04:33 PM
I have gotten to where I do this quite often, once I got a couple of nice crocheted headbands. I get a LOT of compliments on it :D

However, I had to go do a wedding today and the brown crochet headband just would not look appropriate. So I actually rolled up a small black lace scarf because I didn't have a black headband. Then, I tucked the flower comb in at the back. A tad messy because the scarf doesn't stretch like a headband does. Very bad cell phone pic, so the color is completely wrong (I really was wearing black, not blue).
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/539900_405020116177045_100000071796284_1732652_974 337127_n.jpg

And here are the waves I had after taking it down (this time it is a bad web cam pic).
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/556084_405030136176043_100000071796284_1732668_832 832486_n.jpg

Sometime I will try to get a picture with the crochet headband.

Talula
March 31st, 2012, 04:54 PM
I like headbands but can't wear them 'cuz they give me headaches. :(