PDA

View Full Version : Wierd hair!

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Ok, i know i had a thread about clarifying shampoos, but i still need help. My hair is oddly too-light feeling in texture and the curl is still gone also, it feels slightly cliny and fineish, (i can almost feel the individual strands, not cool) i am assuming this is product build up of some sort after months of trying new stuff to fix this with no results. I want to clarify but do not want to dry my hair out. I am past the color obsession, if i use ANY shampoo, the color shall fade, clarifying or not, and i want my hair back! I can always re-dye when all is fixed...So, does anyone here think i should just clarify? here is my attack plan, Clarify with Vo5 tea thearapy shampoo, may not use their conditioner (any opinions on what kind of conditioner is best to be used after the shampoo i mentioned?) I then plan to use my usual mousse and let air dry. Maybe this will work? ANy comments on the Vo5 clarifying shampoo? It says color safe so i will look the other way on that in pursuit of fixing my hair. I have made the decision to just clarify and be done, this should work..any last minute adivce/opinions?

spidermom
December 17th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Nope; sounds good - carry on.

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM

Thanks, this is just what i needed! Straight up, you are doing what needs to be done, carry on, do not second guess. Thanks you so much, i am stepping away from the computer and going to wash my hair before i doubt myself again and either A. dont do anything to fix this or B. change products or alter my plan of action thus resulting in no magic fix. I will be back soon with results. I thank all who have helped me with this so far.

Amber_Maiden
December 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM

Agreed- keep doing what you are doing!

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Agreed- keep doing what you are doing!

So you guys think the clarifying is the answer? I have seriously tried everything! I soo hope it works! Also, i have found the Vo5 kiwi somethign clarifyng shampoo and would like to use thta instead of the tea therapy? Is there really a difference?

Gothchiq
December 17th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Nah, use the kiwi if you like, it'll be fine. :)

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Nah, use the kiwi if you like, it'll be fine. :)

since every person on this thread is saying go ahead, i'm gonna try it, fingers crossed for better hair!

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Go for it. To clarify I use Herbal Essence Degunk-ify because I like the smell (when I can find it....) I have also used Giovanni Tea Tree. Its pretty much the only time I use shampoo anymore.

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Go for it. To clarify I use Herbal Essence Degunk-ify because I like the smell (when I can find it....) I have also used Giovanni Tea Tree. Its pretty much the only time I use shampoo anymore.

Yay! gboneske is here! Ok, another vote for go ahead, again still partically worried bout my color fading but it shouldnt be any worse then normal shampoo? right? I mean the products cause build up, not the color.

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I don't color my hair, but mom does... and with the crap shampoo and conditioner she uses daily (prell or suave) her color looks fine. Go for it. Like you said you can always redo the color.

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I don't color my hair, but mom does... and with the crap shampoo and conditioner she uses daily (prell or suave) her color looks fine. Go for it. Like you said you can always redo the color.

Oh yeah, that color of yours in natural and so pretty, lol well i think my color will survive unharmed so i shall be back later, when i have washed my hair.