PDA

View Full Version : How to help!

seethruugirl
December 17th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Saw this on pinterest and we attempted it today...(well, I sat in the chair and my coworker attempted it lol) we can't make it look right and can't figure out how its done. Any clues or helpful hints? Thanks! Robyn
http://data.whicdn.com/images/15624744/275960770_c807SRgY_c_large.jpg

moon2dove
December 17th, 2011, 09:10 AM
What an amazing updo!

I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to do that either!

I'm sure some ladies here will be able to figure this one out.

Thanks for posting :)

Roscata
December 17th, 2011, 09:15 AM
It looks like 3 loose french braids (ETA: separated in zig-zag pattern parts) wrapped up in a side braided bun either with rose hair pins, or just with u shaped pins then decorated with roses.

CurlyMopTop
December 17th, 2011, 09:15 AM
It kind of looks like lace braids on the sides, then french braid down the middle in the back, then bunned at the bottom. Anyone else want to take a guess?

Hollyfire3
December 17th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I think it is a french braid with a side bun with the ends. To do it, i would loosly french braid your hair then take each section and lift it up to make it look messy and full like in the picture. Then, take the ends, curl them with heat or just spritz with texturizing spray and left dry. Once curly, twirl the ends into a messy side bun and secure with a pretty clip. I think this style works best if your hair is naturally wavy/curly and quite long. Oh wow, so did not see the side braid on the pic, well in that case, take THREEsections of hair french brid them then proceed as above, twistin all three messy braids into the final side bun.

spidermom
December 17th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Wow- that is very pretty. I'm pretty sure Roscata has it right; that's what I see.

Evory
December 17th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I also agree with Roscata, they're 3 loose French braids.

I think they started with the big center French braid. But before they add a piece of hair to a strand, they seem to grab a piece about the same size, maybe a bit smaller, and put it to the side. Then they grab a piece below the one put aside,add that one to the strand, and braid it very loosely. The putting pieces aside gives the zigzag pattern without a severe parting. Repeat this process on the other side, until the braid is done. Then do the smaller side braids (which are also loose French braids) adding the pieces that were put aside to the strands closed to them, and hair from the 'face side' (outside, lateral side etc.) to the strands closer to those.

After the braids are done, they are put in a loose side bun.

I hope these instructions make sense :p. If I wasn't wearing an updo already, I'd try it to see if it'd work. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow.

seethruugirl
December 17th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Thank you all so much for your replies!!! Maybe we will try it again tomorrow. Evory if you end up trying please post pics and let me know how it works for you and I will do the same! :) Robyn

pepperminttea
December 17th, 2011, 12:15 PM
What Roscata said. :) It also looks like they tugged at the braid sections afterwards to loosen them and make them appear fuller.