PDA

View Full Version : BSL by Christmas 2012!

Lissandria
December 16th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Im currently at the abyss between shoulder and APL getting there slowly but surely. It has come to my attention though that there is ~6" till I'm at BSL when wet/curly. Around 5 if you count while wet/stretched.
Based on 0.5"-0.75" growth per month with some microtrimming in-between for good measure this means I should be at BSL or just about by Christmas 2012 :D:D:D:D
Who's with me?

Audhumla
December 16th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I'm in. I just got to APL so 2012 will be my journey to BSL :)
My hair grows at around 1"/month most of the time.
I've got about 4 inches left to go to BSL so I'm going to try and trim regularly and hopefully still reach my goal. This is going to be a looong year :p

xHeather
December 16th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I'm in! I'm stuck between shoulder and APL as well right now, usually grow between .5'-1' per month. :)

kjani
December 17th, 2011, 03:33 AM
I'm in! I'm stuck between shoulder and APL as well right now, usually grow between .5'-1' per month. :)
I'm in :) currently a lttle below APL going for BSL and then MBL but gotta get to BSL estimating June-ish

Lissandria
December 17th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Awesome. Post pics when we all get to BSL! Really hope I can get there in 12 months!

Sunny_side_up
December 17th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Working my way to BSL!:D But plan on regular trims to keep my ends healthy and over the years have lost length through regular big trims(good riddance layers:eek:), plan on a little trim about now! Though hopefully by summer will make it to a healthy BSL!

Mopolop
December 17th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Me too me too! I recently hit APL, I think my hair grows about 0.5 inch a month (though I don't measure it), but my hair needs regular trims (due to previous straightening damage and me wearing it loose all the time). Could be a close one. Might need to wear my hair up more often...

CurlyMopTop
December 17th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I'm in! I should be at BSL by the end of June, but I plan on micro-trimming to get rid of the rest of my layers. That will probably take me until the end of 2012! :D I think that I average around 6 inches a year.

isabelx
December 17th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I'm in :D I'm about an inch from APL so I'd like to be just past BSL at Christmas 2012 :)

jacqueline101
December 17th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Mine is arm pit length and about 7 inches from bra strap length. I don't think I will make it in time for christmas.

ladyleelu
December 17th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I'm in!! mine is still at the weird shoulder length stage.. I can't wait to get past it.

the last time I tried growing out my hair, I ended up with a pixie hair cut after dumping a guy. ah the worst combination of hair and boy troubles!

no boys in my life now though ;) and I'd really like to have beautiful hair. let's do it! :D

Lissandria
December 18th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Yay! Glad to have you guys on board. I know there are heaps of these threads i.e. shoulder to APL, APL to BSL but I guess it's nice to have a thread with a rough timeline to see your progress. Otherwise the milestones can seem so far away and unattainable sometimes. I know if I'm halfway there by June Ill be well on my way to BSL. It may or may not be an realistic goal but we shall see. :)

bunzfan
December 18th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Good luck girls.

millyaulait
December 18th, 2011, 05:22 AM
I'm not sure if I can make it! But my hair currently touches my collar bones, so I'm going to get as close as I possibly can... :) Strangely excited!

auroraclio
December 18th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I'm with ya guys, i'm about 5 inches from BSL, add in a trim or two and i'm hoping I make it by Christmas 2012 :)

jaine
December 18th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I'm subscribing too ... BSL is my final length goal and I think I might be there by the end of 2012 :D

I get a lot of shrinkage though, so I'll try not to get my hopes up. It's about 6 inches from APL to BSL, but I'll probably need 8 or 9 inches of hair to get there when it's dry and curly. Getting to BSL when it's wet or straight should be attainable though.

CurlyCap
December 18th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I think I might make this, with straight hair at least. My hair is at
APL now, so I think BSL is a decent goal for 2012.

Curly it'll probably be right past my shoulders though. XD

Lissandria
December 19th, 2011, 02:40 AM
I'm subscribing too ... BSL is my final length goal and I think I might be there by the end of 2012 :D

I get a lot of shrinkage though, so I'll try not to get my hopes up. It's about 6 inches from APL to BSL, but I'll probably need 8 or 9 inches of hair to get there when it's dry and curly. Getting to BSL when it's wet or straight should be attainable though.

I think I might make this, with straight hair at least. My hair is at
APL now, so I think BSL is a decent goal for 2012.

Curly it'll probably be right past my shoulders though. XD

Although Im kind of hoping I get there curly or that my curls stretch out a bit, I too may only be there wet or straight. We shall see! :)

ladyleelu
December 20th, 2011, 11:19 AM
my hair is also wavy/curly, it's already springing up the longer it gets... looks like it hasn't grown at all!

I just wanted to ask you girls, I know there are threads about this already, but at our fairly short length, how do you like to style your hair into an updo? any specific styles or brand of clips you prefer? any tips or tricks?

the ends and the canopy of my hair are suffering from hair ties and I'm trying to switch to scrunchies but... they're so unfashionable! parts of my hair always fall out when I try and attempt a style without em... but I'm a newb. would love to hear advice or your own styles. thanks! and good luck :)

lady_hero
December 20th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I'm in! Adding in trims and such, I should be at BSL by next Christmas. Looking forward to it!

Curly_jas
December 20th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I'm in, I cut my hair about 2 weeks ago as i am growing out heat/bleach damage, but i am going to try and do no trims/cuts in 2012. My hair is past shoulder length but not at APL yet, and i reckon i have about 6 inches to go until BSL so hopefully i'll make it by christmas next year!

JessL
December 20th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I'm in. I think I have 4or5inches to go so I just might make it.

tinywife
December 20th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I probably won't reach it till May. *sniff*

slo2gro
December 20th, 2011, 05:45 PM
im in im in im in woot woot

Lissandria
December 20th, 2011, 05:49 PM
my hair is also wavy/curly, it's already springing up the longer it gets... looks like it hasn't grown at all!

I just wanted to ask you girls, I know there are threads about this already, but at our fairly short length, how do you like to style your hair into an updo? any specific styles or brand of clips you prefer? any tips or tricks?

the ends and the canopy of my hair are suffering from hair ties and I'm trying to switch to scrunchies but... they're so unfashionable! parts of my hair always fall out when I try and attempt a style without em... but I'm a newb. would love to hear advice or your own styles. thanks! and good luck :)

I noticed you're a iii. I think these shorter lengths are much harder for you guys/girls as you can't do as much as us thinnies. I can use hairsticks and forks at my length to secure a cinnabun, but with your thickness I'm not sure you would be able to. Alot of girls here like peacock twists. Some like claw-clips for these. Flexi8's are quite good too for a whole range of styles, here is the link to the thread:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757
Also have you tried doing a sock bun? This is usually the first up do that many people can do.
As for scrunchies, I agree they're unfashionable but as I have dark hair and use black scrunchies I like to think they are not as noticeable :o. I notice you have dark hair, too. Perhaps black scrunchies/hairties could work better for you?
HTH :)

Lissandria
December 20th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Mine is arm pit length and about 7 inches from bra strap length. I don't think I will make it in time for christmas.

Double post, but it's got me thinking how different our anatomy all is. Im not at APL yet as it is a solid 7 inches on me from shoulder to APL, but im only 5-6 away from BSL depending on my bra. After BSL it is barely three to four inches to waist for me. Don't worry, I may not make it to BSL by Christmas either, but im sure as hell going to try :)

heidi.maryke
December 20th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Count me in! Im currently only 3-4 inches away bit will be getting a decent hair cut in 2 weeks to get rid of bleach damage. Then I think i'll need all of 2012 to get to BSL!

amanda_the_tall
December 20th, 2011, 09:36 PM
count me in too!

HumanBean
December 20th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I'm in. I'm almost APL and although I've not measured, my hair grows pretty quickly. I think BSL is a year off.

ladyleelu
December 22nd, 2011, 01:13 PM
I noticed you're a iii. I think these shorter lengths are much harder for you guys/girls as you can't do as much as us thinnies. I can use hairsticks and forks at my length to secure a cinnabun, but with your thickness I'm not sure you would be able to. Alot of girls here like peacock twists. Some like claw-clips for these. Flexi8's are quite good too for a whole range of styles, here is the link to the thread:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757
Also have you tried doing a sock bun? This is usually the first up do that many people can do.
As for scrunchies, I agree they're unfashionable but as I have dark hair and use black scrunchies I like to think they are not as noticeable :o. I notice you have dark hair, too. Perhaps black scrunchies/hairties could work better for you?
HTH :)

that's so helpful! I haven't tried a sock bun, I always assumed my hair was too short for one.. I'm gonna give it a try. I've been using the super oversized fluffy scrunchies so it might be better for me to invest in a few less obvious ones.. lol. thanks :)

shackleford
December 22nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
I think I can make it in time for next Christmas! I'm at APL stretched/wet, but these curls and wurls keep me from claiming APL for now. Plus all the hideous layers I need to get rid of, gahhh. But I need two inches solidly to be at APL dry/natural, and only three more inches after that for BSL. I am concerned I won't make it because I'll need a lot of trims, but summer speeds my growth quite a bit. At least when I'm past APL naturally, everything will be a lot easier I think!

Aredhel77
December 22nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
I might be able to make it. I cut back recently to just below APL to get rid of layers. I do trim fairly regularly, so we'll see. Good luck everyone!

pixiestar
December 22nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
I'm in :D Recently hit apl, so hope to make bsl by christmas 2012:D