PDA

View Full Version : New and Lost

got2go4hike
July 11th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Greetings:

I found a link to this LHC on one of my health groups. I am a male with relatively short hair who has decided to let it grow to see what happens. I have a receding hair line but have noticed since I have started using Tea Tree Oil that it is growing back. I have been no-poo for 6 months.

I read all the "Article Sections" but did not see anything about brushes and combs...did i miss it?

My Hair-- I am guessing by what I have read it would be between 2c to 3c type; fine; thin.

I have been doing ACV rinse for about a month.

I will stop using a blow dryer today (so much for body and style). I guess I will have to look like Albert Einstein.

Any tips and suggestions will be appreciated. In the meantime I will try to read the posts.

Lee

lora410
July 11th, 2008, 02:03 PM
If you have unruly hair I suggest aloe Vera gel 100% pure not the hair gels. As for a comb most of use a seamless comb. I seamed comb you will see on basic manufactured combs. It has a ridge between the teeth which is a seam. Seams can strip the cuticle and cause hair to break. I myself use a yak bone comb i bought on ebay and a horn comb I also bought there as well.

Islandgrrl
July 11th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Hi Lee.... Welcome and Good luck to you with the growing. It sounds like you're totally on the right track for good hair growth and health. :)

I don't have any good combing suggestions since I don't use one. I've never found one I can actually get through my hair and I'm maybe a little too lazy to deal with it. The only kind of brush I have success with personally is a bamboo bristled brush with bristles that are about 2" long. I use it for detangling when necessary. The rest of the time I just use my fingers.

I started growing from about 2" long, and it was very easy to just use my fingers for styling - at that length my hair didn't ever tangle, so perhaps finger combing would work for you - at least for a while.

Lora's suggestions for dealing with unruly hair sounds like a really good place to start. I unfortunately have no good advice!

justgreen
July 11th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I by no means have curly or wavy hair, but I use a wide toothed triple dipped pick. I swear by it and if you are having comb troubles you might want to try one. I can only find them now at Sally's beauty supple.

Here is a double dipped pick (http://www.sallybeauty.com/Double%20Dip%20Pik%20L212D/SBS-183705,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair11-02).

chainedangel
July 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
No help here other than to second the advice you've already been given. I am curious though. How do you use the tea tree oil for thinning hair? My fiance has a thinning spot and wants to slow down the process if not stop it. Welcome to the board!

got2go4hike
July 11th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I add 3 drops of Tea Tree Oil to my Bak Soda shampoo. But I also put Tea Tree Oil on my head where it is thin as often as I can during the day and at night before bed time. I read somewhere that a lot of problems with receding hairline is clogged pores and that Tea Tree Oil Cleared the pores so that hair could grow. It sounded a lot like the same thing that causes acne.

I can't believe the hairs I have growing. But, there are not a lot of them so they really are not doing me any good. If I can concentrate on this a little more maybe I can find a solution that will improve it even more.

Lee

justgreen
July 11th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Moonchaser has an awesome oil blend that has been known to stimulate hair growth and also decrease shedding.

liseling
July 12th, 2008, 05:55 AM
You dont have to look like Albert Einstein, although he definitely gets points for being an individual! What if you used some conditioner as a leave-in? that's what I do and it's great for defining and smoothing down my curls

MissHair
July 12th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Hello and welcome, nice to have guys here. It seems like your doing great already, I havent got any special tips or anything but you will find lots of funny and fun threads here.

I have a receding hair line but have noticed since I have started using Tea Tree Oil that it is growing back.

I have a receeding, or had a receeding hairline too, Im gonna try this. :cool:

MusingFrog
July 12th, 2008, 07:07 AM
You can also try checking out the "Reviews" section. There are conditioners and shampoos as well as different types of combs listed. It may give you and idea of what to look for. I personally have one of Ric's combs (http://www.combmaker.com/html/PalmCombs.html). Mine is in white oak and I really love it.

Siava
July 12th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Hey there! I'm glad your hair is growing back for you. :) There is so much information...I don't know where to begin! Rest assured, you are not the only man here and you are more than welcome. I hope you find the answers you're seeking and you'll probably find a bunch of knowledge you weren't! See ya on the board.