PDA

View Full Version : hair products you wish you could still find

door72067
December 16th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I really miss the Physique line of products for curly hair

I swear my hair was at it's very happiest when I was using these

Gothchiq
December 16th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Got2Be shampoo and conditioner, the purple one that smelled like delicious lavender.

Buggheart
December 16th, 2011, 01:36 PM
There was a line called Ginza back in the early 90s that I just adored. My hair was bleached, permed and friend at the time but that shampoo and conditioner made it look and feel great. My hair is totally different now so I have no idea how it would work on long healthy hair, but I'd love to be able to give it another try.

Lippytoes
December 16th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Boots pink conditioner :( I hear it's not produced any more.

amantha
December 16th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Real Solutions...the volumizing line. It smelled wonderful (white tea & ginger), was SLS-free, and made my hair feel soft and wonderful and bouncy.

Madora
December 16th, 2011, 03:14 PM
My Goody pure bbb hair brush. I'm on my last one now (purchased in 1970) and I haven't seen anything that vaguely resembles it for shape and stiffness of bristles.

Copasetic
December 16th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I wish I could still find Citre Shine products. I used them all the time when I was younger, and then they disappeared.

jacqueline101
December 16th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Thermasilk when I blow dried my hair.

Deborah
December 16th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I wish I could still find Citre Shine products. I used them all the time when I was younger, and then they disappeared.

I was at Big Lots just yesterday, and noticed that they have the Citre Shine Shampoo. I did not see any of their conditioner.

longcurlygirl<3
December 16th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Loreal Conditioner for long/medium wavy/curly hair :( it was so nice I kept the bottle for memories :(..

amantha
December 16th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Yes I wish I could still find the shampoo/conditioner. I can only find their shine serum which isn't that all that great IMO. :(

ratgirldjh
December 16th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Some times they have the Citre Shine stuff at the dollar stores here. I am in Texas btw. Occasionally, I've seen the whole line. They also had it at the 99 cent store in Los Angeles.

heynormy
December 16th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Herbal Essence Volumizing Gel. My hair always looked perfect.
Why, oh why must they do this to us!:D

Mebo
December 16th, 2011, 05:22 PM
ProV - little capsules that you broke open and smoothed on your ends. They looked like a Vitamin E capsule with a whale's tail! Came in a little clear plastic round box.....

Mommyof4
December 16th, 2011, 05:37 PM
The OLD Tresemme Shampoo and Conditioner! One was a black bottle, the other one grey. When my hair was waist length for a few years, this is what I used every single day, and my hair always felt amazing. I've tried everything, and can't find it anywhere :( Only the "new" kind that is like murderous to my hair... *tear*

Animae
December 16th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Vidal Sassoon used to make Shampoo and conditioner, I LOVED the way they smelled, and my mother used to use them when I was little so the smell always reminded me of her.

luciferia
December 16th, 2011, 05:55 PM
St Ives Vanilla & Edelweiss conditioner. It smelled so wonderful and always left my teenage hair soft and pretty.

I miss the scent most though. It reminds me of certain times in my life.

door72067
December 16th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Vidal Sassoon used to make Shampoo and conditioner, I LOVED the way they smelled, and my mother used to use them when I was little so the smell always reminded me of her.

oh! I remember that! it *did* smell wonderful

how about the Faberge Organics? anyone remember that? and Body on Tap...loved that back in the day...all based on scent, of course...I imagine they were full of bad-for-hair stuff

GoldberryHair
December 16th, 2011, 06:05 PM
The OLD Tresemme Shampoo and Conditioner! One was a black bottle, the other one grey. When my hair was waist length for a few years, this is what I used every single day, and my hair always felt amazing. I've tried everything, and can't find it anywhere :( Only the "new" kind that is like murderous to my hair... *tear*

Omg I agree! (I thought it was just me) I used to LOVE Tresemme but the last time I used it (and it was for dry/damaged hair!) my hair felt like crappy straw nasty junk :(

vanity_acefake
December 16th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Ooh there was this shampoo in the 80's that was two colours (I think pink on the top and yellow on the bottom) that you had to shake and mix it before you used it. I have no idea what it was called but it smelt really good.
I guess it was rubbish because it just vanished.

eezepeeze
December 16th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Studio Line spray gel, NOT springing curls, the one that was in the white spray bottle. They also briefly had this mousse that was actually a leave in conditioner that you sprayed right on the very top of your head and then combed through. It was the best stuff I have ever used for curls. GREAT stuff.

Mountaingrrl
December 16th, 2011, 08:56 PM
There was a shampoo called Gee, Your Hair Smells terrific that I wish I could try again. No idea what was in it or if it was any good, but I just have this 70s nostalgia for it.

sarahbrownie
December 16th, 2011, 09:15 PM
The old pantene...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Y_PDdB994&feature=related

Oh, the good old days.

Also Salon Selectives. I always thought it was cool I had my own number.

Gingerbear
December 16th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Wella Cholesterol--used to use it with my mom's 70's heat cap once a week

dmarie16
December 16th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I remember using a product called Milk Plus 6. I don't know who made it or anything but the scent...it stayed in your hair for days!!!!! Or maybe it just seemed that way when your a kid!!! It was a shampoo and conditioner in one. My mother, who did not care if she had to pull you bald to comb out your hair, would buy this for me because my hair would tangle so and I hated to have her comb my hair!!!!

SoulOfTheSea
December 16th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I miss the old Herbal Essences Rose shampoo and conditioner. That used to smell SO good, and it made my hair so soft and shiny. :(

balticbabe
December 16th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I love hearing about these shampoos from my youth. I remember milk plus and gee your hair smells terrific but have never used them. My parents bought the wheat and honey shampoo. "I told two friends and they told two friends" Don't know if it was any good but I haven't seen it in years.

I miss Clairol 5x. They changed the formula then took it off the market. I'm still searching for the perfect shampoo.

fluffybunny
December 16th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Vidal Sassoon Protein Remoisturizing Creme. I didn't much care for the shampoo and conditioner but my hair loved that stuff.

Oh, and the original Herbal Essence shampoo,

jackie75
December 17th, 2011, 12:08 AM
I loved the Fisher Price conditioner for babies...about 20 years ago! LOL! It smelled so yummy and actually worked on my dry poofy hair! :D We had it in the house since my niece was a baby at the time.

Lilli
December 17th, 2011, 05:51 AM
There was a shampoo called Gee, Your Hair Smells terrific that I wish I could try again. No idea what was in it or if it was any good, but I just have this 70s nostalgia for it.

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/Health_&_Beauty/Hair_Care/Shampoos_&_Conditioners/Gee,_Your_Hair_Smells_Terrific/54234

I wish I could still find Flex S&C. Apparently some WalMarts have it but I have not seen it.

CarpeDM
December 17th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Tame creme rinse. My Mom used to use it on her hair when it was long years ago and since I've got her hair I wish it was around for me to try...

door72067
December 17th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Wella Cholesterol--used to use it with my mom's 70's heat cap once a week

there's still Queen Helene Cholesterol

http://www.amazon.com/Queen-Helene-Cholesterol-Cream-oz/dp/B00112TIE0

gboneske
December 17th, 2011, 10:25 AM
OMG -- I loved the fischer price conditioner and the sesame street detangler. I still use the detangler when I can find it.

Bri925
December 17th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Outrageous! It smelled so good. I was young at the time so the smell reminded me of a perfume.

Buggheart
December 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM
The old pantene...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Y_PDdB994&feature=related

Oh, the good old days.

Also Salon Selectives. I always thought it was cool I had my own number.
I found Salon Selectives at Five Below last year. I bought a huge bottle of the conditioner and it made my hair so dull and lifeless. I was so disappointed.

I loved the old Pantene too. Although it was always a pain to get those little gold caps screwed on and off.

Ooh there was this shampoo in the 80's that was two colours (I think pink on the top and yellow on the bottom) that you had to shake and mix it before you used it. I have no idea what it was called but it smelt really good.
I guess it was rubbish because it just vanished.
I remember that stuff too but I can't remember the name of it either.

I remember the fragrance being wonderful. Sort of like Dr Pepper.

Bonkers57
December 18th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Me, three! I loved the old Tresemme until they changed it! Why do they do that? I also loved the Infusium leave-in conditioner, but they seemed to have changed that formula, too! Grrrrr :mad:

I remember the old Vidal Sassoon shampoo/conditioner - it smelled so delish.

Omg I agree! (I thought it was just me) I used to LOVE Tresemme but the last time I used it (and it was for dry/damaged hair!) my hair felt like crappy straw nasty junk :(

MissManda
December 18th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Tame creme rinse. My Mom used to use it on her hair when it was long years ago and since I've got her hair I wish it was around for me to try...

Actually, they sell Tame at the Dollar Tree. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68503) :D It's one of my favorite CO conditioners, actually.

I'm too young to remember any hair products that I really liked. I didn't care about what I used when I was a teenager. :p

Delila
December 18th, 2011, 06:41 PM
When I was a teen, I distinctly remember the adventure of taking myself to the salon for trims. Never had very good styles :rolleyes: or anything that truly flattered me, but I did love the shampoo I got at the salon. Whatever it was it smelled like apples, but not that sickening cheap air freshener/cider gone bad scent that so many shampoos have nowadays.

When I was a bit younger, and was limited to the choices at the drugstore, I remember not feeling deprived at all. Back then, the local drugstore had a classier feel than drugstores manage these days. They had a cosmetics/perfume section that was actually kind of fancy, and I loved browsing around.

I sampled a lot of different brands, Body on tap was a favorite, but I loved the scent of Lemon UP and the old fashioned Herbal essences stuff. I remember using Faberge, Wella Balsam, and some ancient shampoo/cream stuff in a jar that my mother had.

Of them all, the only one I truly wish would come back is the Herbal Essences stuff. That green/herbal scent was just wonderful, nothing like the stuff they sell now.

The one I actually did use most throughout my childhood was Prell, which is still around. I have some, but I use it for washing my combs and brushes, not my hair.

ratgirldjh
December 18th, 2011, 07:12 PM
The old Hair Salad conditioner by Aussie. Also Yucca Dew shampoo and I think conditioner. I also loved the original Aussie Mega Shampoo.

eta and my all time favorite: Weleda Rosemary Shampoo (the original version)

Lilli
December 19th, 2011, 07:02 AM
When I was a teen, I distinctly remember the adventure of taking myself to the salon for trims. Never had very good styles :rolleyes: or anything that truly flattered me, but I did love the shampoo I got at the salon. Whatever it was it smelled like apples, but not that sickening cheap air freshener/cider gone bad scent that so many shampoos have nowadays.

When I was a bit younger, and was limited to the choices at the drugstore, I remember not feeling deprived at all. Back then, the local drugstore had a classier feel than drugstores manage these days. They had a cosmetics/perfume section that was actually kind of fancy, and I loved browsing around.

I sampled a lot of different brands, Body on tap was a favorite, but I loved the scent of Lemon UP and the old fashioned Herbal essences stuff. I remember using Faberge, Wella Balsam, and some ancient shampoo/cream stuff in a jar that my mother had.

Of them all, the only one I truly wish would come back is the Herbal Essences stuff. That green/herbal scent was just wonderful, nothing like the stuff they sell now.

The one I actually did use most throughout my childhood was Prell, which is still around. I have some, but I use it for washing my combs and brushes, not my hair.

They have all these at the Vermont Country Store website.