PDA

View Full Version : Hairsticks/forks

unknown
December 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I've seen people here having all kinds of beautiful hairsticks and forks with all types of colors/jewelries on them...
I would really like to buy some for myself.
Sadly, hairsticks/forks are rarely to be found in my country, and the only ones I can find are those simple, boring plastic ones....

I've seen a lot of pretty hair accessories in webshops, but I can't afford to buy a pair of hairsticks for 50 dollars. I'm not even going to mention the shipping! :eek:

Does anyone here know a webshop that sells hairsticks/forks and doesn't cost a fortune (and has a fair shipping price?)

Amber_Maiden
December 16th, 2011, 10:37 AM
You should try looking on Etsy.com - an amazing site. :)

Henrietta
December 16th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Yes. You can find many hair toys there, with very, very different prices, and shipping prices are rather reasonable.

jacqueline101
December 16th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I like to shop on ebay try there.

CarpeDM
December 16th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Ebay and Etsy would be my top two choices!

Johannah
December 16th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I just received mine from ebay.

jojo
December 16th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Ebay and Etsy would be my top two choices!

mine too, etsy is amazing so many beautiful hair stuff.

white.chocolate
December 16th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I recommend etsy.

krissykins
December 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Here is a comprehensive list of shop links: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=13927

Hopefully you will find something there that fits your budget. :)

pepperminttea
December 16th, 2011, 01:10 PM
What sort of thing are you looking for? :) And whereabouts would you need shipping to?

SpinDance
December 16th, 2011, 01:14 PM
In addition to the great availability on etsy and ebay, have you checked out the self made hair toys thread? There are lots of things you can make yourself pretty easily. Also, if you can find them locally child sized chopsticks are great as hair sticks. Last time I went to an Asian market that had them they were very cheap. Depending on what they are made of regular chopsticks can work, too, if you cut them back.

unknown
December 16th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks to everyone! Etsy seems to have a lot of things that I can afford :) I'm also going to check the shop links and the self made hair toys thread