PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to your hair to get hair type?

Fairlight63
December 16th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I think that my hair may be curlier than the classification that I have down & want to try doing it again.
I was wondering what do you do or do not do to your hair before getting it classified?
Do you use a clarifying shampoo? do you shampoo 2 times? do you use cond. on it after shampooing?
what else do you do or not do?

Gothchiq
December 16th, 2011, 09:58 AM
What I did was condition wash condition and then just not touch it while it dried and observe how much curl it had.

CurlyMopTop
December 16th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I'd clarify, then condition and rinse. Squeeze the extra water out of your hair then drip dry. I think blot drying with a t-shirt or towel and loosening your hair from the scalp is acceptable as long as you don't manipulate the hair too much. Don't brush or comb afterwards. After your done, don't use any leave-ins or styling products, just let it air dry. :D I hope that helps! Good luck.

lapushka
December 16th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I guess hair typing consists of just using your regular wash routine, without touching your hair while it dries. Oh, and no product afterwards.

white.chocolate
December 16th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I knew my hair type immediately. It's straight, straight and straight even if I don't comb it, and has been so ever since. Probably it's different from how curly-haired types determine, so I'm interested in knowing this as well.

CurlyMopTop
December 16th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Here's the link to an LHC article to help you.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=164

It does say to clarify first. :D