PDA

View Full Version : What lighting do you think your henna'd hair looks best in?

luciferia
December 16th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I searched for a bit to see if there had been a similar thread, but this forum is huge and I wasn't sure exactly how to word the search, so forgive me if this has been posted before. Anywayyy.

:::

As you know, henna changes color dramatically depending on the light. Sometimes my burgundy hair looks brownish-orange, other times brown, sometimes dark cherry red or orange.

Earlier I was getting some cream for my morning coffee and managed to see my hair out of the corner of my eye. I spend an ungodly amount of time standing there, bent over at the waist, refrigerator door open, staring. SO PRETTY. It was a really pretty dark red, pretty much the color of a dark-red cherry from my parent's cherry tree. I was in love. It was exactly the color I've wanted. I wish all light would love my henna as much as the 'fridge.

:::

What lighting do you prefer your henna in?
Do you enjoy the way henna changes depending on light, or would you prefer it to stay the same at all times?
Does your henna look dramatically different in different lighting, or somewhat similar?
Do you have any good stories or other things to add regarding henna and different light sources? :P

silverstars
December 16th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Since my hair was already dark brown, putting henna in it didn't do much to the color. I can only tell there's henna if I'm in strong direct sunlight.

battles
December 16th, 2011, 12:53 PM
/snip
Earlier I was getting some cream for my morning coffee and managed to see my hair out of the corner of my eye. I spend an ungodly amount of time standing there, bent over at the waist, refrigerator door open, staring. SO PRETTY. It was a really pretty dark red, pretty much the color of a dark-red cherry from my parent's cherry tree. I was in love. It was exactly the color I've wanted. I wish all light would love my henna as much as the 'fridge.

This made me smile, because I can see myself doing this as well.

I haven't henna'ed my hair yet, but I just ordered some Jamila today! :cheese:

Heartwillfollow
December 16th, 2011, 12:54 PM
love the blondish orange reds of my henna Any time except HIGH NOON hours direct sun that is when it is a flat ginger brown..

door72067
December 16th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I wasn't hennared, but when I did have red hair, there was a dressing room at a clothing store that had amazing light in it and my hair gleamed like it was made from fine copper wire

I'd stand there endlessly staring at the color

Jessibear2854
December 16th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I have loved my henna so far in all light, except the harsh industrial lighting at school. It does change pretty dramatically, esp. in sunlight. That would be my very fave. When the sun is angling downward in the early afternoon... but doesn't that make everything look a little better? LOL

Nightshade
December 16th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Sunset light. Turns my hair into flamed golden copper when the sun shines through it :inlove:

luciferia
December 16th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I agree with sunset light! It's amazing!

Battles - Congratulations of getting your henna. I hope you enjoy it. ^^

Thanks for your replies, everyone. I've been so curious about different light sources in my own hair, that I figured it might make somewhat of a conversation. Haha.