PDA

View Full Version : Wanted/want to cut...

MonaLisa
December 16th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Last night, I had the urge to cut my front layers, which are actually over-grown bangs...that are now way below my chin...almost shoulder length I'd say..:confused:
I wanted to cut them into very long bangs..
what stopped me was the fact that it was 2 AM, and although I've been considering it ..or well trying to decide how I want them time to time lately, it would still be an instant decision.
I know I dont want all one length hair, and I like layers, I like to wear it down... But I suddenly don't know how short the front layers can be when my hair is BCL...
If I cut them to my..cheakbones, will it look stupid?
Even considering having regular bangs again.
I just don't like how I look with my hair down and those thingies laying flat around my neck...They don't feel right.

So I should either lose this urge and let them grow to collar-bone, think that would be nice..could blend in with other layers? or cut them and keep some sort of long bangs!

Please help, I can't decide...
And don't take updos into consideration because I rarely make any, and even if i do, i don't mind some playful bits sticking out:)

tokidokichi
December 16th, 2011, 01:47 AM
I would let them grow to collar bone. If you cut them back now, you may want to grow them out after a while and you will be in the same situation again. When I went from shoulder to collar bone, it seemed to take hardly any time at all! Try a cute headband :)

white.chocolate
December 16th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I also think that growing it to collar bone length is a better idea. As you said, they could go well with your other layers. But I'm being a little biased here because I'm not a big fan of cheekbone-length bangs. Also, if you change your mind later after cutting it, you can always cut it to cheekbone length.

Lucky
December 16th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Hmm, well, my first thought is like tokidokichi said, I agree that growing them to your collar bone might be a better option, I think they would blend better as layers.

If you want bangs again, I would suggest going shorter than the cheekbones, though, as I think they would get in your way a lot at that length. I'm currently growing out bangs myself and they're just starting to hit my lip and drive me crazy, they really don't blend well with my hair since they're too short to be layers and too long to be bangs.

My vote overall would be to let them grow to collar bone length and try to lose the urge to cut. If you still dislike them, maybe you could cut bangs back in.

If nothing else, remember the 2 week rule before making any drastic decisions :flowers:

ps, glad you resisted at 2 am, not always an easy thing to do!! :)

spidermom
December 16th, 2011, 07:12 AM
I'd grow to collar bone first, see if you like that better.

Amber_Maiden
December 16th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Collar bone- and perhaps get it professionally cut?

xoxophelia
December 16th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I vote let them grow for now. Then, you can still pull them back if your hair is slightly damp. Lower maintenance for the winter :)

I had bangs and then grew them out to long bangs and it was cute so I don't think it would look silly on you. But, there is always later to cut them in. My bangs at that point were similar to this: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=victoria+secret+hair&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1366&bih=675&tbm=isch&tbnid=xEVMjw1HwexFYM:&imgrefurl=http://talkingmakeup.com/beauty/how-to-get-the-look-of-victorias-secret-angles-the-scoop/&docid=zXPc0jLrMyoRYM&imgurl=http://www.talkingmakeup.com/pics/news/viv905.jpg&w=298&h=400&ei=sF_rTqbSMOX00gG5u-TeCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=980&vpy=157&dur=205&hovh=260&hovw=194&tx=120&ty=154&sig=117518570809050510591&page=1&tbnh=143&tbnw=99&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0

MonaLisa
December 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM
xoxophelia i like those bangs! but i prefer your signi picture! way prettier! :D
Thanks guys! It sounds reasonable. I will wait a bit more.
I hope though, that I'll be able to resist my tipsy urges in future too!
Headband is a must try thing as well!

jacqueline101
December 16th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I'd let it grow to collar bone and get them cut at a beauty parlor. Its harder to cut hair then you think.