PDA

View Full Version : Aurora Borealis hair!

Springlets
December 16th, 2011, 12:14 AM
deleting this post now

Siaraven
December 16th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Haha I love it! :D

tokidokichi
December 16th, 2011, 01:41 AM
That is very VERY pretty :] it will look so lovely all grown out!

maria_tasha
December 16th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Wow! that's so nice!

Springlets
December 16th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Thank you! I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one to appreciate it. :D

I did a color splash filter (basically turning the picture black and white except for the parts you want to remain in the original color) on one of the pictures to really show the colors more. I can totally see lilac, blue, and pink!

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/Blaircorneliabass/user37452_pic121323_1324017485-2.jpg

And another whitish silver one I took another time.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7921&pictureid=117272

spidermom
December 16th, 2011, 07:15 AM
I don't know why you think you should feel embarrassed or weirded out. That's really pretty!

My niece naturally has ash-brown hair, but I could see hints of lilac and pink in it. I thought it was lovely!

She dyes it now.

Amber_Maiden
December 16th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Very pretty!!!

theodora
December 16th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Yay for ashy hair! My natural hair is very very ashy, kind of like yours, but a little darker. I just dyed all of my hair with a diluted Directions Violet and it's really neutralised the brass a lot so now my hair is all ashy and some strands have gone a pale lilac.
Go aurora borealis hair! Wear yours with pride!

luciferia
December 16th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Don't feel weirded out, that's amazing!

Kaelee
December 16th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Wow cool! haha that's awesome.

I clicked on this thread expecting to see some manic panic dye job, but no!

teela1978
December 16th, 2011, 09:03 AM
It always surprises me how much shinier un-dyed hair is!

Gothchiq
December 16th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Your color is very pretty! :D

vanity_acefake
December 16th, 2011, 09:26 AM
That's lovely. My hair is so dark it only ever looks dark!

jacqueline101
December 16th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I like it and it looks lovely.

Henrietta
December 16th, 2011, 12:05 PM
It's amazing! I had no idea such thing is possible. It must be a great feeling- to have so many colours in hair without dying it :D

HairFaerie
December 16th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Very pretty...and magical! :)

Tennessee Rose
December 16th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Cool shine. I love it.

Springlets
December 16th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

It's amazing! I had no idea such thing is possible. It must be a great feeling- to have so many colours in hair without dying it :D

I didn't know it was possible either until I started growing my hair out! It's funny because I used to love the idea of dyeing my hair pastel colored and now I don't have to 'cause it's natural! :D

I don't know why you think you should feel embarrassed or weirded out. That's really pretty!
Thank you, I do think it's really pretty and awesome, but if I was more self conscious or a silly teenager still, I can imagine I'd be complaining that my hair can look like Gandalf the Gray's (or White's?). ;)

My niece naturally has ash-brown hair, but I could see hints of lilac and pink in it. I thought it was lovely!

She dyes it now.

That's too bad; yeah for some reason ash colors don't get a lot of love from their owners nowadays. :(

Yay for ashy hair! My natural hair is very very ashy, kind of like yours, but a little darker. I just dyed all of my hair with a diluted Directions Violet and it's really neutralised the brass a lot so now my hair is all ashy and some strands have gone a pale lilac.
Go aurora borealis hair! Wear yours with pride!

Sounds awesome- I can't wait to see it as it grows out.

I clicked on this thread expecting to see some manic panic dye job, but no!
haha I feel like I have natural manic panic rainbow hair now. ;)

scorpio_rising
December 16th, 2011, 08:36 PM
It's gorgeous. :)

Piyo
December 16th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Do you use purple shampoo? I bet if you did it would make your hair a pretty lavender color!

Springlets
December 17th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Do you use purple shampoo? I bet if you did it would make your hair a pretty lavender color!

Hmm, I used a purple shampoo on my dyed length before to counteract the brassiness, but I didn't use it on my roots! Could have an interesting effect. I shall be the girl with the purple hair! :cheese:

Mannaz
December 17th, 2011, 04:35 AM
That's so pretty, and it will be even more so when it grows out more, it's an interesting process, have fun with it!