PDA

View Full Version : I have such strange hairs on my head!

uptosomeone
December 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM
For the most part my hairs range from medium blonde to medium brown with a very thin, straight, fine texture. Lately as I've been sticking my shed strands to the shower wall though I've been noticing a new variety cropping up. They're thicker and stiff; they strand straight up when I hold them, and are very dark brown. And to top this all off, they turn into a light brown, fine hair not unlike the one next to it in this picture half way down! It's like an alien species of hair on my head ! :confused: I have no idea what to think of this.

http://i41.tinypic.com/24myhcj.jpg

How weird is that!? You can't see the color change in this picture--it starts about five inches down.

Shona
December 15th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Waw! strange! i wonder if i have alien species of hair on my head?! *searches through hair*

moxamoll
December 15th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Hair - it's a total mystery! I don't have pics, but my brown hair is fine and straight. The white hairs coming in are thicker and often have the weirdest kinks. My DBF thinks they're hilarious, because they'll often be wiggle-waggling off the side of my head, if they escape the weight of the rest of it.

Copasetic
December 15th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I get random unusually thick hairs once in a while too. I also get random red and blond hairs.

Miss Catrina
December 15th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I'd just be excited to have any hairs that thick on my head. :p

cubiczoeconia
December 15th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I'd just be excited to have any hairs that thick on my head. :p

Same here! What a mystery...

uptosomeone
December 15th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Trust me, I am quite happy. If I find one once or twice a week there must be a few more up there making my ponytail thicker :D

Amber_Maiden
December 15th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Wow! That's pretty neat...

spidermom
December 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Many of us have a mix. I have hairs so fine that you can barely see them and hairs so coarse and wirey that you could repair the soles of your shoes with them. I also have about every color there is.

RapunzelKat
December 15th, 2011, 10:32 PM
I have some pretty funky hairs too, including some random, thicker, brunette ones. The first time I found one of those, I was very confused. I knew it was mine, because it was waaay too long to belong to anyone I know, but it didn't look like my hair type. (My hair is dark blonde at the roots, fading to golden blonde, and super-fine.) But they're just mixed in there for whatever reason :)

I have also found red hairs, and I have really pretty sparkly platinum blonde highlights in there that appear every now and then :D :D

aisha.christine
December 15th, 2011, 10:35 PM
I get these hairs too. They used to weird me out because they were so much darker and coarser than my other hairs. Now they are growing longer and they don't bother me so much. But I definitely know where you're coming from. Hair can be so very weird sometimes.

Springlets
December 15th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Perhaps I've had it all the time, but I too have been noticing lately the odd very dark or platinum hair. It's strange but I guess it makes sense that not every hair is going to be exactly the same but rather a mix.

Keller1128
December 16th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one with weird hairs! I'm mostly strawberry blonde, but occasionally I find white hairs or hairs so red they're almost black (if that makes any sense). I have others that are slightly curly and still others that are thin and very curly. Part of me wants to pull them out, but I resist most of the time. I don't need more flyaways than I already have, and I want thicker hair.

Maddy_T
December 16th, 2011, 08:02 PM
oh my gosh!! the same thing is happening to me. I have fine light brown hair and have had a lot of damage/shedidng around my hairline and the new hairs that cropped up are much coarser and darker, absolutely no idea how or why... I don't really mind though.

Piyo
December 16th, 2011, 08:24 PM
So thick they stand up straight when you hold them?? That's crazy! Strange indeed...

piffyanne
December 16th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I pulled a black hair out of my bronze/blonde head the other day. I was as confused as they get. (Also, it was loooong so it's been growing there for quite a while.) I sometimes suspect my hair is out to drive me insane. I also have come to worry it might succeed...