PDA

View Full Version : I need a change.......

darkrose
December 15th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I'm so bored with my hair, it's yellow( not dyed) BSL length and thin and curly. I don't want to dye it, because it damages easily, I don't want to cut it because I really want long hair. I don't like putting my hair up, because I look better with it down ( I have bad skin, and I feel sometimes my hair can hide it on the side of my face) I'm thinking about my extensions, but I'm scared they might damage my hair. Also, is there any updos, that make your hair look like its down? I know that sounds weird. I just need to change my hair, but I don't really know how.
Thank you for any ideas you may have :)

moxamoll
December 15th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Have you thought about/tried half ups? You can pull some hair back into a pretty bun, braid or clip, but leave some down.

If you want something more drastic, you might think about cutting layers in around your face. That way you could put up the length, but still have the disguising effect around your face that you like.

However, I should point out that if you are in the habit of mostly having your hair around your face, it could be contributing to your bad skin. Product and oils from your hair can be transferred to your face and aggravate acne. I don't know for sure that's happening but I thought I'd point out the possibility.

cheetahfast
December 15th, 2011, 10:47 AM
However, I should point out that if you are in the habit of mostly having your hair around your face, it could be contributing to your bad skin. Product and oils from your hair can be transferred to your face and aggravate acne. I don't know for sure that's happening but I thought I'd point out the possibility.

+1

Wearing my hair down always leads to me having some bad breakouts. Pulling it up and leaving my skin alone has made it clear up so much. My confidence with me hair up has also increased since I've been pulling it up for so many months now. Half-ups are a good way to start. You might be able to do this style: (Half-up crown braid)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Loepsie#p/u/76/V4Mj9foN_Vs

It's on of my favorite half-ups and I get lots of complements on it :)

darkrose
December 15th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Moxamoll - I didn't know that could contribute to acne, thank you so much for pointing that out!:)

The problem I find with layers is that they stick out and curl weirdly. I cut my layers off a few years ago. I don't know if the hair dresser cut it a certain way and that's why it acted weirdly, are there different types of layers?

darkrose
December 15th, 2011, 10:49 AM
+1

Wearing my hair down always leads to me having some bad breakouts. Pulling it up and leaving my skin alone has made it clear up so much. My confidence with me hair up has also increased since I've been pulling it up for so many months now. Half-ups are a good way to start. You might be able to do this style: (Half-up crown braid)

Oh, that's so pretty! Thank you! :))))))

owlathena
December 15th, 2011, 11:22 AM
+1

I love this too! But I'm afraid my hair might be too thin for it to look good...

heidi w.
December 15th, 2011, 11:31 AM
The easiest change to make that can really present a different look is a side part, or playing with the design of the part (such as a zig-zag kind of part).

If you have facial skin problems, be sure to wash or change your pillowcase fairly frequently, allowing perhaps no more than two nights per side of pillowcase (which gets you 4 days of use) and then change it. Wash the pillowcase in warmer water to remove bacteria and dead skin cells and oils that have smeared on to the pillowcase. That's the very first thing to pay attention to.

You might also need to clean your detangling comb a bit more frequently. I clean mine as part of a full hair wash, every single time, because I have terrible problems with seborrheic dermatitus.

Thoughts to consider.
heidi w.

FrozenBritannia
December 15th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Moxamoll - I didn't know that could contribute to acne, thank you so much for pointing that out!:)

The problem I find with layers is that they stick out and curl weirdly. I cut my layers off a few years ago. I don't know if the hair dresser cut it a certain way and that's why it acted weirdly, are there different types of layers?
There is, some stylists are very good at cutting curly layers. The thing is though is that they probably would do better if they cut on dry hair so they can see the curl pattern, and most generic stylists prefer to cut wet.

You could however just pull your hair into a pony tail, and using a rat tail comb ( the pointy part) pull out a few spots and trim them yourself. The longest to just above shoulder, the shortest about chin. Maybe two on one side and just one on the other, with a side part?

I do find that hair on my face makes me get acne though, so you might want to keep it off your face when you are sleeping. Also, I have found that products with retinal A or AHA in them help me massively with acne. I use only one at a time, and at night. Right now I have a cleanser by lise watier that has aha and it works great. Retinol A can be found in some anti ager creams, I know loreal has one.
They might seem expensive but they do last a very long time as only a little tiny bit is needed.

door72067
December 15th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I'll make a little plug for the Bare Minerals cosmetics

since I switched to them this past summer, my skin has been amazingly clear and never gets inflamed or irritated now

I use the Boots No 7 Soft & Soothed cleansing line...very gentle for sensitive skin

wurleyhead
December 15th, 2011, 02:14 PM
You might try getting long layers in your hair.

You might also look around at other girls's hair & when you see one you like, ask them where they got their hair cut & who cut it.

Good Luck!