PDA

View Full Version : Spin Pin Styles

UP Lisa
December 15th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Would love to see pics of styles you've done with Spin Pins. I just got a set.

joyfulheart18
December 15th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I would love to as well!

Arrow
December 15th, 2011, 08:25 AM
My Rose Bun was done with Spin Pins...
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9227&pictureid=120378
You can see the tutorial here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKExaPgG-8Y)

UP Lisa
December 15th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Beautiful!

Yame
December 15th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Yay! I've been trying to find more styles I can do with my spin pins. I'll try that next!

Trish in SC
December 15th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I do like my spin pins, but there's a little obstacle:

If I use a hair elastic to secure the ponytail, and then try to make a bun, I'm finding that the pins will often get stuck if they hit the elastic. (does that make sense?) I have to push the pin underneath the elastic and things get a little tight...and the longer pins can bump into each other.

But, I still love them, and hopefully when I have more hair to play with, the pins will behave better! :) I can't wait 'till I can do more buns; not many seem to work right now.

Trish in SC
December 15th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Arrow ~

That rose bun is awesome. I'm gonna' check out the tutorial, although I suppose my hair is not long enough for this style.

PrairieRose
December 15th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I do like my spin pins, but there's a little obstacle:

If I use a hair elastic to secure the ponytail, and then try to make a bun, I'm finding that the pins will often get stuck if they hit the elastic. (does that make sense?) I have to push the pin underneath the elastic and things get a little tight...and the longer pins can bump into each other.

But, I still love them, and hopefully when I have more hair to play with, the pins will behave better! :) I can't wait 'till I can do more buns; not many seem to work right now.
I have a set of smaller spin pins. There are 3 in a set, that might work for trying to secure but still avoid the elastic band.

Arrow
December 15th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I'm glad you like the bun, ladies. I'm a big fan of the spin pins.

QMacrocarpa
December 15th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I use spin pins for these styles (but I don't have photos, sorry):
braided bun
flipped cinnamon bun
seashell bun (just learned this style-of-the-month!)
head-eating sock-bun (rarely)

I typically don't use elastics with spin pins, but trying the shorter spin pins sounds like a good tip.

MegaMystery
December 15th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I used a spin pin with the hairstyle of the month (seashell bun):
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g453/Rianne1990/Haarfotos/DSCN5756.jpg

My hair is just below shoulder length, so the bun isn't very big (you can see the spin pin sticking out quite a bit, but hey i'm not complaining, the bun looks awesome :D)

Trish in SC
December 15th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks, PraireRose. I used both sizes, 'cause I was trying to tuck in the layers that kept sticking out. Maybe I'll try it without an elastic at all.

dulce
December 15th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I have used them for low nape chignons and french twists.

Kristin
December 15th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Topknots, sleep buns, lazy wrap (though it is tough to position them just right), securing crown braids, braided buns, and multiple-bun styles (like one bun with your crown hair and one with your length).