PDA

View Full Version : Hesh brand powders- Are the ingredients 100% pure?

Dreamkitty
December 15th, 2011, 05:38 AM
I bought Aritha & Shikakai herbal powder from the Hesh brand. I always have coconut oil in my hair. When I used the powder, it did not cleanse my hair at all and the end result was dry, sticky hair which got into tangles.

I was just wondering if this is normal? and are the ingredients pure with nothing extra added? I still have the packet at home, there is still alot of powder left. I want to use it again but the thing holding me back is whether it is really the herbal powder it states on the packet, could the packaged powders be different from fresh soapnuts?

ktani
December 16th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I bought Aritha & Shikakai herbal powder from the Hesh brand. I always have coconut oil in my hair. When I used the powder, it did not cleanse my hair at all and the end result was dry, sticky hair which got into tangles.

I was just wondering if this is normal? and are the ingredients pure with nothing extra added? I still have the packet at home, there is still alot of powder left. I want to use it again but the thing holding me back is whether it is really the herbal powder it states on the packet, could the packaged powders be different from fresh soapnuts?

You may want to check out this thread re "purity", http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56523&page=16.

There has been no update. Health Canada recommends not using and discarding the products because of contamination issues that have a history.

Dreamkitty
December 16th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks ktnani. I will have a good read of that thread:)ive decided already that I don't want to use powders and oils from the hesh brand since I don't know if anything extra has been added.

ktani
December 16th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks ktnani. I will have a good read of that thread:)ive decided already that I don't want to use powders and oils from the hesh brand since I don't know if anything extra has been added.

You are very welcome. :)