PDA

View Full Version : CO and shedding... a dilemma...(advice needed)

jenjen10
December 14th, 2011, 07:45 PM
My hair seems to LOVE CO washing... it is so soft I can't stop touching it! However, I have been shedding a TON since switching to this method.

So, what to do? My length loves it but my scalp doesn't seem to... is there a happy medium?? :confused:

MissAlyssa
December 14th, 2011, 07:51 PM
My hair is the same, I just try to alternate between CO and CWC, and then stretching washes also helps keep the length from getting as dry. But using a regular sulfate-y shampoo every few days has been keeping my scalp happier, I think it just likes to be squeeky clean, even though my hair doesn't ;P

Amber_Maiden
December 14th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Maybe your scalp just needs time to adjust?

jenjen10
December 14th, 2011, 07:53 PM
My hair is the same, I just try to alternate between CO and CWC, and then stretching washes also helps keep the length from getting as dry. But using a regular sulfate-y shampoo every few days has been keeping my scalp happier, I think it just likes to be squeeky clean, even though my hair doesn't ;P

The weird thing is that my scalp doesn't seem "unhappy" (except for the shedding issue)... my scalp doesn't get greasy or itch or anything else with CO-ing. I just notice that I pull out handfuls of hair recently and that has been the only real change I have made. :(

Hotrox
December 14th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I had the same issue, so now I alternate between a CWC and an occasional CO , but I notice the difference each time I shower. I lose a lot more hair doing a CO wash.

Deborah
December 14th, 2011, 10:15 PM
You might just need to try a different conditioner.

almond
December 14th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I noticed the same, after CO I shed more. I tried different conditioners and avoid cones on my scalp, and still... I love the way my hair looks and feels after CO, but because of the shedding I do it occasionally.

krissykins
December 14th, 2011, 10:32 PM
This article may help a bit: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=121

MonaLisa
December 15th, 2011, 01:10 AM
I too shed from conditioner on scalp.

So i guess CWC is good alternative, and not getting shampoo on the ends...just scalp :)
And not getting conditioner on scalp just on length...as if you made a ponytail and just put it on part under your ears/neck...:)