PDA

View Full Version : I did a horrible thing :(

Aimskylove
December 14th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I'm so ashamed to say what I was even attempting to do but let's just say it involved bleach, my ends, and 2 days of crying. I am back to my original state (black hair) but my ends look horrible. I trimmed as much of it I could but it seems that no matter how much I trim they are still dry, fragile, and look like spider legs. :(:( I need help. What is the best way to condition my ends back to looking moisturized? I trimmed much of the damage off. I'm stuck and so stressed! I need a remedy.

cheetahfast
December 14th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Have you tried a protein treatment followed with some deep conditioning??

Aimskylove
December 14th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I haven't done much besides a deep conditioner. I didn't want to try anything else without some advice from you all. What kind of porotein treatment should I look into?

cheetahfast
December 14th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I used Aphogee back when my hair needed it, it worked pretty well.

I'm pretty sure in a pinch you can use some mayo or eggs. Someone else will have to elaborate on it though...I've never tried.

Whatever you do follow with conditioning.

Aimskylove
December 14th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I will look into it for sure. Thank you. Ugh I'm so mad at myself for being so stupid. I just set myself back on my goal for sure :'(

an-anachronism
December 14th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I was told by the stylist at a salon that I go to to use Joico K-Pak conditioner. He said it turned his hair from mashed potato flakes to silk. I found the generic version of it at Sally's and it worked amazingly on my damaged ends from stripping the black from my hair to go red.

sbhonda
December 14th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I also used the Aphogee 2 step back when my hair was horribly damaged from bleach, and was by no means a miracle for my hair, but I believe it did help. My hair does not like protein at all now, but it did when it was bleached. Definitely follow it with some method of deep conditioning as well.

Aimskylove
December 14th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Okay that's two for aphogee! Thank you. :) what do you think about honey or avocado? I know avocado has protein.

cheetahfast
December 14th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Avocado was a bit hard to get out of my hair. I mixed it with some EVOO. My hair felt pretty nice after.

If you want to try it I would suggest maybe blending or pureeing it first.

Achtland
December 14th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Braids/buns for the next couple weeks. Absolutely NO HEAT STYLING while your hair is in this critical of shape. Let the follicle relax a little from the stress it was put under. Try to limit touching or messing with it as much as possible.

jujube
December 14th, 2011, 08:03 PM
A protein treatment should help, and lots of moisture too. Also, remember that the bleached part will never feel the same as the virgin part - different hair, different needs. And hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger; you'll know next time not to overbleach.

arcane
December 15th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I used to fry my hair with bleach every three weeks. Ion's protein treatment worked great for me. Also deep conditioning, and streching washes (so my hair was as greasey as I could stand) then I'd brush the oils down the length of my hair and let it sit for a few hours/overnight.

Also I would leave your hair a lone for a few days to recover before trying any more treatments. Washing your hair again will just strip more oils.

Though I don't bleach as near as often as I used to (I bleached two months ago to fade dark hair dye but I'm now growing out my hair) my ends are still in really rough shape. I CWC my hair to keep the ends protected. Also after I wash I use Redkins ion treatment. And I use it each and every time I shower (about every 3-4 days). My hair loves protein though.

I would never use honey (it grosses me out) and my hair hated the avacado treatment I did once (made my hair feel horrible and dry) but I know a lot of people like how their hair feels afterwards. On my ends after I shower I use Live Cleans Argan Oil creme but EVOO worked really well for them too.

gboneske
December 15th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I've used Joico too -- it worked great. When my ends get bad I usually whip up two eggs and mix them with a little olive or sweet almond oil. I massage it into my hair and let it sit usually most of the day - then rinse it out and follow with a normal conditioner.

spidermom
December 15th, 2011, 12:01 PM
A third for Joico KPak Reconstructor. Follow with a moisturizing conditioner. Also, warm coconut or olive oil soaks to the damaged ends for 60 minutes to overnight would be good, too. Get the oil out by marinating your ends in conditioner for 30-60 minutes if needed, then massage your ends under running warm water. Sometimes damaged hair soaks the oil up like a sponge (but sometimes not).

Aimskylove
December 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I will most def have to run out and buy that kpak reconstructer! It sounds promising :). I have been braiding, oiling, and babying my hair. Im so disappointed in myself but hopefully I can get it back to looking right. Luckily it was only my very ends so if worst comes to worst I will just need to chop.