PDA

View Full Version : Meryl Streep!

dorothea-brooke
July 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Has anyone seen the previews for the new movie "Mamma Mia!," based on the songs of ABBA? Meryl Streep is in it, sporting some lovely long locks:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2758252288/tt0795421

(Okay, not long by LHC standards, but certainly long for Hollywood actresses over 50! :p)

The movie looks like a long-hair extravaganza in general:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2942801664/tt0795421

Can't wait!
dorothea

MagmaMaggie
July 11th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I have seen previews and I want to see it sooo bad!

Meryl does look good with longer hair.

liseling
July 11th, 2008, 11:28 AM
She is soooo gorgeous! If I look anywhere near as good as her when I'm fifty I'll count myself the luckiest woman on earth

wintersun99
July 11th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I like the length, but I was a bit bummed to see that she went back to blonde (I really thought she made a powerful statement in gray in the movie Devil Wears Prada) but admittedly, she looks beautiful now...

jojo
July 11th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Has anyone seen the previews for the new movie "Mamma Mia!," based on the songs of ABBA? Meryl Streep is in it, sporting some lovely long locks:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2758252288/tt0795421

(Okay, not long by LHC standards, but certainly long for Hollywood actresses over 50! :p)

The movie looks like a long-hair extravaganza in general:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2942801664/tt0795421

Can't wait!
dorothea

I went to watch his tonight at the pictures it is brilliant! and yes I was like this :-O at the long hair, the girl who plays her daughter has lovely long hair too!

Missie
July 11th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Meryl Streep was born in 1949 so she will be 60 next year...
Not bad for nearly 60 :)

dorothea-brooke
July 12th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Wow -- SIXTY?! :agape:

[Not that 60 is old, of course ;) -- just that I thought she was so much younger. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't use Botox or any of that.]

Anyhoo, back to her hair: I agree that the best of all possible worlds would be for her to have that lovely long hair in (natural?) silver, but I'll take what I can get! :D I'm not sure she's naturally gray anyway -- I think that was a wig in The Devil Wears Prada?

Go, Meryl!
dorothea

flapjack
July 12th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Meryl would not be the type to get botox. I've read stories about her having a deviated septum, being told by directors to fix it and she absolutely refuses. So there are certain angles of her face the directors will avoid shooting on camera or something to that effect. I thought it was amazing if it was true. If so, she is the greatest, hahaha.

She does look good with long hair. She looks good with short hair, too. I hope I age like her, haha.

Forever_Sophie
July 12th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Love their hair! Refreshing for Sophie as, onstage, they tend to make that actress sport a short, flippy style.

As for her age - this is gonna sound HORRIBLE - and maybe they've changed the line in the movie (from the show) - I think she is & looks too old b/c of a line (again, from the show, might be different in the movie) that Donna's family turned their backs on her b/c she became pregnant so young/single. Most stage actresses for that role look under 40 (in keeping w/ Sophie being 20).

And again, gorgeous hair though!

TammySue
July 12th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Someone once came up to me on the street and said that I looked like Meryl Streep! I don't think I do, but it was a nice compliment anyway. I have always liked her, both for her acting skills and hair! :)

Amoretti
July 13th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I think she's lovely. :) Her hair looks great in the preview. I'm going to see it as soon as it comes out!

Lady Verity
July 13th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I hope those piercings are real. I'm thoroughly jealous.

dorothea-brooke
July 13th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I hope those piercings are real. I'm thoroughly jealous.

Well, if you're jealous of piercings, that's easily remedied, no? :eyebrows: Unlike being jealous of someone's classic-length hair. sigh....

dorothea

paper
July 13th, 2008, 10:25 AM
She looks great! The long hair really does make her look younger.

Lady Verity
July 13th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Well, if you're jealous of piercings, that's easily remedied, no?

I already have 9! Don't encourage me! :D