PDA

View Full Version : Tips for my dh?

Cjatje
December 14th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Ayone who can give me some tips to use on my dh head?
He is becomming bald on top of his head and someone told me there are tons of good productw to stimulate new hairgrowth?

FrozenBritannia
December 14th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I have heard monistat, castor oil, and massage might work?

Anje
December 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Hey, you were able to start a thread!

My DH is thinning on top and has a slightly receding hairline. He's gotten great results with Rogaine and his hair much thicker now. (One warning, if you have cats, don't let them get into it.)

Sundial
December 14th, 2011, 01:36 PM
No tips from me personally but I distinctly remembered a member here who had a huge improvement after introducing some stuff to his routine. You may want to check out this thread http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69821&highlight=Paladin

And I know quite a few users had success with Rogaine like what Anje proposed. You may run a search for it for more information and reviews on it

Cjatje
December 14th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks!
And yes Anje, after 4 days of trying, I finally achieved to start a thread :p

kristib123
December 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I am trying emu oil to stimulate hair growth and while researching it found some very interesting things about its growth potential.

Cjatje
December 14th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hey, you were able to start a thread!

My DH is thinning on top and has a slightly receding hairline. He's gotten great results with Rogaine and his hair much thicker now. (One warning, if you have cats, don't let them get into it.)

Why? And how would they get into it?

FrozenBritannia
December 14th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I have heard that the problem with rogaine is that after you stop using it, the new growth falls out. :( of course,If you don't plan on stopping using it, than that wouldn't matter?

wurleyhead
December 14th, 2011, 07:49 PM
That is true about Rogaine. When you stop treatment, the new growth does fall out!

EvaSimone
December 14th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I have heard that the problem with rogaine is that after you stop using it, the new growth falls out. :( of course,If you don't plan on stopping using it, than that wouldn't matter?

Yep. My dad used Rogaine, he grew quite a bit of hair but then lost it again once he stopped.

Truthfully folk remedies are nice but when you are dealing with male pattern baldness castor oil and massages won't do squat. :twocents:

He'll either need to accept his balding (as my husband has) or use some prescription treatments like Rogaine.

Cjatje
December 14th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Hmm, he's acceptong his baldness, it'snjust me... He's only 26, and even now, often they tell him he looks over 30 :s

FrozenBritannia
December 15th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Hmm, he's acceptong his baldness, it'snjust me... He's only 26, and even now, often they tell him he looks over 30 :s

Every male I know of that age is loosing it. Most of them seem to pause for the next ten years or so. If he isn't worried about it, then you shouldn't worry either.

My hubby has looked thirty since he was 24..... Now that he is over thirty, he still looks thirty! Lol!