PDA

View Full Version : Oiling AND deep conditioning?

kristib123
December 14th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Does anyone do this? I usually do one or the other but am wondering if I could do both? I was going to oil my hair late this afternoon and then thought maybe right before bed using my Redken Real control overnight treatment right on top of the oil. Is it pointless since the oil might repel any of the moisturizing ingredients in the Redken? I love how oil makes my hair so shiny and even a bit wavy but the Redken makes it so soft which is why I am even asking :D

Amber_Maiden
December 14th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I would do the deep conditioning and THEN oil. The oil locks in moisture, and that's what you want.

longhairedleah
December 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I would do the deep conditioning and THEN oil. The oil locks in moisture, and that's what you want.

Totally agree. I've been meaning to try that out. Mayonnaise for a few hours, rinse it out and then coconut oil overnight, then wash in the morning.

Ive never done an oil treatment on wet hair before, but some of my lurkings through the threads here indicate it shouldn't be too bad.

Hopefully I'll have time for that this weekend!

spidermom
December 14th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I do both, but not at the same time.

kristib123
December 14th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Hmmm.... I am home for the rest of the day now. I think I will try a deep treatment and then do the oiling and see how that goes. Each time I do a deep treatment or oiling my hair only looks better and better so... :D

And thanks for the advise!!