PDA

View Full Version : Soft Braided Bun

Tea Lady
December 13th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I posted this in my blog, but thought I'd share it here too. I did a softer version of a braided bun. I wanted a sort of old-fashioned look today (went out with my "Tea Ladies"). It wasn't as poofy as I wanted, but I am happy with it nevertheless:

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8345&pictureid=121107

And here's a blurry version:

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8345&pictureid=121108

To get the softer look, I first put my hair up in a ponytail up top, but I only tightened the elastic enough to hold in place while I braided it. Once it was braided, I took the ponytail elastic off, then wrapped the braid into a bun, and kind of pushed it all forward a bit to try and get a poof in front. I think I need to push it further forward and use bobby pins rather than Amish pins to make the poof larger and keep it in place.

bettylibertine
December 13th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Love it! Definitely going to try this one out. Thanks for sharing! :flower:

RapunzelKat
December 13th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I like it! It has such a soft, pretty look to it. Your hair is a lovely color, too. :)
I like your idea of removing the elastic from the base of the braid, I think I might give that a try. :)

Copasetic
December 13th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Looks great! I like the wallpaper too :)

Honestwitness
December 13th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Very nice! I love the old-fashioned look of it. My great grandmother had hair like that. My grandmother told me she brushed it every night 100 strokes and it was very healthy.

bna_rapunzel
December 13th, 2011, 08:58 PM
That looks great! I can't pull off the "poofy" look to save my life but it looks wonderful on you. I might give the poof one more try... just for grins and giggles. :) you've inspired someone today! :)

allnight avenue
December 13th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Love it! This look what's currently convincing me to keep my hair up and protected. I like the idea of pulling the elastic off.....I always keep the elastic on and it doesn't look very good. Edwardian styles for the win. :)

Tea Lady
December 14th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Thank you all! I hope you all have luck trying this style.

Tea Lady

white.chocolate
December 14th, 2011, 03:12 PM
It looks lovely! Just my style! Thank you for sharing!

einna
December 14th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Beautiful and so soft :)

kittymallow
December 14th, 2011, 04:30 PM
that is so cute and pretty:)

Egana
December 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I love the soft, loose style of this! You look so romantic and old-fashioned... *grin* What did your tea ladies think?

SheaLynne
December 14th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Beautiful! I'm going to try this, too. I sleep with a softened lazy wrap on top of my head, and other than the loose hairs after sleeping on it, I love the softness it has in the morning and wish I could get that without the slept-on-it look...maybe this will work for that look for me!

allio21
December 14th, 2011, 11:16 PM
This may be a dumb question but why does it say I can access page when I try and friend people??