PDA

View Full Version : Blonde to red, but not red to blonde?

Springlets
December 13th, 2011, 02:49 AM
So many of the very popular red heads in Hollywood today are (supposedly) naturally blonde and dye their hair red: Christina Hendricks, Amy Adams, Isla Fischer. And of course here on the boards so many who use henna are natural blondes. The results are usually great and look very natural too. The journey from blonde to redhead is usually a success!

But I have noticed that usually for redheads who try to go blonde it is not as successful.
For example, Laura Prepon
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTcf8SpwiIOv9HVBpTKG7kshZSPxCRq 3mugeMWJss5wo1-ACTM

Nicole Kidman
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_y3YdQ566idUVHcIEK408M5PeOzF8m slGkJa88_coiEYdu3dJ

Is it just me or does the blonde majorly wash them out? Is there something subtly different in the skin tones of blondes and redheads, because I generally think of blondes and redheads as both having pale skin...

Interestingly I find that Emma Stone, who is supposed to be naturally blonde, yet shares the same quality of being washed out when blonde rather than red.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIxuF3q08Rwe6b-J8EvW30u6Hex2-dFNHiJHRSH0YvYX1P-BYL

Am I the only one who thinks this? :)

Merlin
December 13th, 2011, 03:28 AM
As the poster says...
"Do we even need any other hair colours?" (you can find it on Google)

Speaking as the spouse of the most gorgeous redhead in the world (ok, maybe I'm biased a bit) I think not..

Syaoransbear
December 13th, 2011, 04:00 AM
On imdb it says in their bios that neither Laura Prepon or Nicole Kidman are natural redheads :D.

I think Laura looks better as a redhead, but I like Nicole as a blonde. I think that bright platinum blonde tends to wash out most people.

Springlets
December 13th, 2011, 04:11 AM
On imdb it says in their bios that neither Laura Prepon or Nicole Kidman are natural redheads :D.

I think Laura looks better as a redhead, but I like Nicole as a blonde. I think that bright platinum blonde tends to wash out most people.

I have heard that about Laura Prepon before, but I'm not sure. Her hair looked so natural on That 70s Show and I never saw roots (whereas I see her roots coming in all the time as a bleached blonde).

I found this picture of Nicole Kidman as a kid http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tmYy2x82UeU/S16-zrwLtvI/AAAAAAAAEeY/Zv_3f6-Qe_8/S240/child.jpg
and as a teen http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tmYy2x82UeU/SU8M7WqEB_I/AAAAAAAABA4/8HjoqT9nD6Y/S220/model+in+sydney.JPG

Looks fairly red to me, perhaps auburn but still... :shrug:

ETA: Also these are quotes from Laura Prepon on being a redhead:
"I love being a redhead. It's a rare thing, so I think there's a bond between redheads."

"Being a redhead helped distinguish me, but it also isolated me. But since I've been blond, I think it's made me more versatile. People are digging it, so I think I'm going to keep it a little while longer."

PorkChop
December 13th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Hmm i actually prefer Emma Stone as a blonde, i was never too keen on her look and didnt think her overly pretty then i saw her blonde and thought 'she looks much better', maybe i just dont like that shade of red she dyes it, i dunno.

I dont now who the top person is but i think she looks better as a blonde too

Knotted
December 13th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Lindsay Lohan looked great as a natural redhead and looks very washed out as a blond (IMHO).

Springlets
December 13th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Ooh thanks knotted that should be a prime example.

(I thought this was funny)
http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/1007/redheads-lindsay-lohan-then-and-now-blonde-hair-red-hair-demotivational-poster-1278844622.jpg

Well my theory is that most of these women, who look good with red hair that is obviously warm toned, make the mistake of going for a cool platinum blonde. Perhaps it would look better if they went with strawberry blonde or golden blonde.

PorkChop
December 13th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Yea i think lindsay looked awful as a blonde and when she had it darkk. That red from mean girls was best for her

maskedrose
December 13th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I think skin tone plays a big role - most natural blondes have a pink skin tone, which works well with the cooler tones of blonde hair. My hair is naturally golden, but my roots always come in ashy before turning golden. I did a few henna glosses, and while I loved the copper tones that I achieved, it really didn't look all that great with my skin. I've recently highlighted the parts around my face to bring it back to my natural color, and I like it MUCH better! The copper really brought out the pink tones in my face, while blonde makes my face look more alabaster, which is what I like :)

Grillz
December 13th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I think most of them look washed out because they're going for that platinum blonde color. I bet people like Emma Stone are naturally dark/dirty blonde, which is a bit warmer.

Anje
December 13th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I think skin tone plays a big role - most natural blondes have a pink skin tone, which works well with the cooler tones of blonde hair. My hair is naturally golden, but my roots always come in ashy before turning golden. I did a few henna glosses, and while I loved the copper tones that I achieved, it really didn't look all that great with my skin. I've recently highlighted the parts around my face to bring it back to my natural color, and I like it MUCH better! The copper really brought out the pink tones in my face, while blonde makes my face look more alabaster, which is what I like :)
I agree, I think it's a skin tone thing. Now there are cooler-toned redheads, but I think the majority of us have golden tones in our skin. (Mind, I'm dark-featured for being a natural redhead, to the extent where people still think I lighten my hair now that it's darker with henna.) I suspect redheads are in the minority for the pale warm skin thing -- if that trait were more common, we'd find more warm-toned pale makeup instead of everything being too pink.

Furthermore, many redheads are autumns, who generally look better wearing darker families of colors. Putting such a light shade of blond right next to their faces is often a bad move.

Mairéad
December 13th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I have heard that about Laura Prepon before, but I'm not sure. Her hair looked so natural on That 70s Show and I never saw roots (whereas I see her roots coming in all the time as a bleached blonde).

I found this picture of Nicole Kidman as a kid http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tmYy2x82UeU/S16-zrwLtvI/AAAAAAAAEeY/Zv_3f6-Qe_8/S240/child.jpg
and as a teen http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tmYy2x82UeU/SU8M7WqEB_I/AAAAAAAABA4/8HjoqT9nD6Y/S220/model+in+sydney.JPG

Looks fairly red to me, perhaps auburn but still... :shrug:

ETA: Also these are quotes from Laura Prepon on being a redhead:
"I love being a redhead. It's a rare thing, so I think there's a bond between redheads."

"Being a redhead helped distinguish me, but it also isolated me. But since I've been blond, I think it's made me more versatile. People are digging it, so I think I'm going to keep it a little while longer."

Woah, does Nicole Kidman have a perm in that photo or is that her natural texture? If it were that would be awesome. Edit, just saw kid picture. Definitely a perm. Looks cool though.

I also have to echo skin tones. I've been various shades of red through my life and even now as it goes less red and blonder, there is still a warm sandy quality to the color. Most redheads are warm toned and most blondes are cool toned.

Vanilla
December 13th, 2011, 10:12 AM
My brother and father are both redheads. Their hair has lightened as they've gotten older to a sandy shade of blonde that still looks natural.

I'd suppose if a redhead were to dye their hair in a similar golden dark blonde, it would look pretty natural on them.

oktobergoud
December 13th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I agree with the poster!

Funny thing is, I always either have red hair (henna) or platinum hair. There's no other colour for me! And I actually like them both on me (and so do other people), while with most people I always find red better :P

I think, eventually, red looks better on me as well (more warm, white was more harsh but I liked it because it looked different, unusual?) but I just love both! My natural colour is a dark, mousy blonde.

But yeah, I do agree that most of the time, red looks better. Like others have said, it's most likely the skin tone :)

Amber_Maiden
December 13th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I don't know... Most redheads I know are pale. And most blondes I know have a pink tint to their skin... I'd think that blonde would make a red head look washed out, and a blonde who went red head would look... like a tomato- because of the pink skin. Of course, there are exceptions.

FrozenBritannia
December 13th, 2011, 12:01 PM
There are warm skinned blondes, like Heidi klum, but I think it would be hard for a natural redhead to achieve a blonde that really suited them because of the lightening process stripping the red, warm tones away. Of course, since I don't have red hair, I can't imagine ever wanting to dye it another colour, red rocks! I do know several redheads though who fade as they get older, and get more blonde looking naturally, and that suits them just as well?

Diamond.Eyes
December 13th, 2011, 12:13 PM
This is a very true observation. Natural redheads have neutral skin with peach undertones. This combo would most definitely clash with the harshness of bleach blonde hair. I've also noticed that celebrities like Christina Hendricks try to make it look like they have a warmer/peachier skin tone using makeup. Christina Hendricks' pink skin doesn't really sit well with her vibrant red hair, IMO.

Vanilla
December 13th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I think I fall into the weird exceptions regarding skin tone and blonde hair. I have yellow undertones, and I was born with red hair that then turned blonde.

I did dye my blonde hair red for years, and I found that I couldn't carry cool toned red hair as well as warm red hair. Most thought red was my natural color.

I'll have to see if I can dig up some old photos that show me with the red hair.

Jessibear2854
December 13th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I'm a natural redhead and when I was younger I experimented with large amounts of blond highlights, which I stopped doing because the blond made me wash out. I think that a lot of redheads have very cool-toned skin and when you combine that with the blond it's just kind of... meh.

blondie9912
December 13th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Lindsay was a million times better as a redhead! Then again, if she was trashy and washed up when she was a redhead and a sweet girl next door while blonde (as opposed to the opposite, which was reality) I may have preferred her as a blonde.

Alex Lou
December 13th, 2011, 08:07 PM
The vast majority of people would look terrible with platinum blond hair! It's a difficult color to pull off.

I'm a redhead with pink skin. I know better than to ever try a cool blond. It would clash with my skin. But I think that redheads with more neutral skin tones can pull it off just fine. And actually, some blondes have my skin tone...

Springlets
December 14th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Woah, does Nicole Kidman have a perm in that photo or is that her natural texture? If it were that would be awesome. Edit, just saw kid picture. Definitely a perm. Looks cool though.

It's possible that her hair just got curlier after she hit puberty- mine did. I've heard often that she has very curly hair naturally (and it makes sense to me since she's of Irish heritage). But then it looks like she was a teen in the 80s and that's when perms were all the rage... :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

My brother and father are both redheads. Their hair has lightened as they've gotten older to a sandy shade of blonde that still looks natural.
I've noticed this with Conan O'Brien, for example, he seems to be getting more sandy blonde.

This is a very true observation. Natural redheads have neutral skin with peach undertones. This combo would most definitely clash with the harshness of bleach blonde hair. I've also noticed that celebrities like Christina Hendricks try to make it look like they have a warmer/peachier skin tone using makeup. Christina Hendricks' pink skin doesn't really sit well with her vibrant red hair, IMO.

I agree about redheads having peach toned skin. I just looked up a site on skin tones because I always thought that red heads ascribed to the cool-toned ruddy skin set, but now I see that they most often do have the warm peach kind.

http://www.lovelyish.com/720243192/do-you-have-a-warm-or-cool-skin-tone/

Amy Adams and Nicole Kidman are cited under the warm skin tone, so this makes sense. And since we know that Amy Adams is naturally blonde, I think it explains why she looks better with warm toned red- she has the skin tone for it. This must be why many other celebrities look better with red even though they have blonde.

In that case, I feel like there must be some red heads who may be born with cool skin tones and therefore might look better with blonde hair (wouldn't have to be platinum), but I sincerely can't find any. Perhaps red heads have a higher frequency of having warm skin tone.

LovingLife
December 14th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Hm! I've noticed jessica alba's versions. Of red and blonde didn't bode as well as her very dark hair :)

julliams
December 14th, 2011, 01:20 AM
I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been said already but Isla Fisher is a natural redhead. She used to be on Home and Away when she was a young girl and she is definitely a natural red. Nicole Kidman is possible a natural strawberry so sometimes her photos look blonde and sometimes they look red (just like me - I'm a strawberry as well)

I do agree that sometimes the red to blonde can go wrong. I think the reason is that it takes SO much bleach to get red hair to go blonde in the first place (my hair used to have to sit for double the time to get my streaks to go blonde) and sometimes I think it just goes the wrong tone.

Also if you look at seasons (colourwise) most reds fall into the Autumn or Spring category and many blondes are actually Summer or Spring. So you are looking at a person with skintone that goes with Autumn, but hair that goes with Summer and the colours are very different. Hope I'm making sense. Here is what I'm talking about http://coloursoup.com.au/diy-and-tips/know-your-colours/

Lianna
December 14th, 2011, 03:19 AM
In that case, I feel like there must be some red heads who may be born with cool skin tones and therefore might look better with blonde hair (wouldn't have to be platinum), but I sincerely can't find any. Perhaps red heads have a higher frequency of having warm skin tone.

Here's some cool toned redheads. :) A post of mine in another thread.

"Wrong" it is not. Red hair and cool skin is a natural combination. You might just have to find the right shade.

http://us.fotolia.com/id/15527250
http://shutterviewphoto.blogspot.com/2010/03/awaiting-spring-few-more-beautiful.html
http://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-redhead-child-outdoors-image12160927
http://urbanhairstyle.net/mini-redhead/
http://images.newfaces.com/userimages/big/redhead8-redhead8-d9ee.jpg
http://shutterviewphoto.blogspot.com/2010/05/bright-and-happy-sisters-redheaded.html

Octopus
December 14th, 2011, 07:06 AM
I think there is a huge difference between the beautiful natural or realistic blonde shades in dyes, and the "TV blond" shade. Washed out blond gives a "cheap look" to those whose skin undertones and colors don't support it and without make up, it makes us look... "souless". I am not sure if I make sense.. Both redheads and blondes should choose the strawberry blonde shades which are closer to what they want and to what they have, I think, before at least proceed to a huge change.
The washed out look kinda magnifies other flaws that one might have, skin, eyebrows, etc I believe.

FrozenBritannia
December 14th, 2011, 07:44 AM
The vast majority of people would look terrible with platinum blond hair! It's a difficult color to pull off.

I'm a redhead with pink skin. I know better than to ever try a cool blond. It would clash with my skin. But I think that redheads with more neutral skin tones can pull it off just fine. And actually, some blondes have my skin tone...

I pulled off platinum blonde pretty well, but ugh, the upkeep! But definitely, I look dreadful in red hair, and I have tried. I have very pale, cold skin tone, with no colour unless I have exercised or am embarrassed, and then my whole face goes red.

Lianna
December 14th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Both redheads and blondes should choose the strawberry blonde shades which are closer to what they want and to what they have

I always looked best in strawberry blonde. :cheese:

Lilli
December 14th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I was so sad when those two actresses went blond. They looked so much better when red. I watch That 70s Show sometimes just to look at Laura Prepon's hair.

I have golden blonde hair and would love to try red but don't want to wreck my hair. I don't know if I am warm or cool - I think I can wear all colors, actually. My eyes are green, my hair is gold, my skin turns red easily, but when not irritated, is sort of yellow, but I wear black and jewel tones almost all the time. The whole warm/cool thing gives me anxiety.

Hairizona
December 14th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Back when I was around 40-ish, I had an EEG done, and the technician asked me if I was a natural redhead. ( I had my short hair colored almost black at the time) I was startled, because about 6 years previously, my hair was almost knee length and with what I thought was "dishwater" blond or ash colored hair and I was getting comments such as "Your hair is red!", which I attributed to being in certain light. So when this EEG tech said that, I asked her what made her ask me that. She replied that EEG techs are working with applying the electrodes on specific areas on the scalp and as such are feeling for the thinnest area so as to have the least amount of interference for electrical signals to pass from the brain to the electrodes. She told me that someone with the genetics of a redhead has a thicker musculature on their scalp, making the electrodes more difficult to place, and she told me that I have that trait. I thought, "Aw nuts...I don't have the really red hair!".
As a child, I was a golden to bleachy blonde. As a teen, it began to darken. As a young woman in my 20's, my hair was definitely dishwater blond, with a tint towards gold. By my thirties, I simply thought of it as dishwater to ash blond, until the comments about it appearing to be reddish. I really had to look to see the red that others apparently saw.
When I was about 48, I had my hair bleached a very pale blond- almost white. It brought out every single bit of red to ruddiness in my skin. It was a dismal failure; I had too much red in my skin to pull it off. I should add here that I have very blue eyes that are lighter in color ( while I was a teen, my eyes were definitely green; I have the photos to prove it) When I decided to henna my hair, it immediately whitened and cleared up my skin tone. I definitely look better as a redhead than my original hair color. People assume I am a natural redhead. At least now I know I have the genetics, even if I was not graced with the actual obvious red hair color.

Mairéad
December 14th, 2011, 08:50 AM
http://www.lovelyish.com/720243192/do-you-have-a-warm-or-cool-skin-tone/

The blog you linked to is actually mine. :D

McFearless
December 14th, 2011, 06:02 PM
No way!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2sbplef.jpg

Chiara
December 14th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Nicole Kidman- I think that is her natural texture (really curly). Being Australian, we got to see her before she'd been Hollywood-ed, in a lot of different TV shows, and her hair was consistently very very curly.

Springlets
December 14th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Back when I was around 40-ish, I had an EEG done, and the technician asked me if I was a natural redhead.
Very, very interesting story... I've heard a lot of stories about women who start out with ash platinum hair and then as they get older, it darkens and brings out more warmer tones. I think Lilli said the same thing happened to her? That's very interesting too that you would have the bone structure of a redhead! Well blondes and redheads generally come from the same genetic areas so, I would assume we're very closely related?

The blog you linked to is actually mine. :D
I thought so when I saw the picture of the author, but I wasn't entirely sure! :D Good to know, I think I've stumbled upon it many times.

Orangerthanred
December 14th, 2011, 06:56 PM
A lot of natural blondes look good with red/orange hair. Especially if they have pale skin and freckles, they'll look like a natural. XD

And some redheads look good blonde. My mom used to have naturally CRAYON red hair, but it has become light blonde with age. It looks good on her. I'm also red haired, to be precise it's bright orange. I look okay with blonde.

Orangerthanred
December 14th, 2011, 06:58 PM
No way!

Her skin isn't even pink. I have pink skin, not her. I look like I'm always blushing.

Kelikea
December 14th, 2011, 07:12 PM
My cousin's kids have red hair. The oldest and youngest have blue eyes, but the middle boy has dark hazel. The two older ones also have freckles, but the little one doesn't. They are so cute and I wish I could post pics, but they aren't mine! My husband says, "you could start a fire with those kids." I can't imagine them with blonde hair! I think they would look washed out. I love how the red brings out the color in their cheeks and eyes. Their hair is on the lighter orange side of DiamondEyes' color.

battles
December 14th, 2011, 07:26 PM
No way!

I wouldn't say that's the most flattering picture of her, but she is gorgeous.

Lianna
December 14th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Her skin isn't even pink. I have pink skin, not her. I look like I'm always blushing.

You might have rosacea..I have it. And it's about pink/blue undertones, the skin doesn't need to be totally pink.

Diamond.Eyes
December 14th, 2011, 09:25 PM
It looks pink to me :shrug:. I've always considered her skin to be pink. It could be different makeup, lighting, who knows?
There are just some pictures I've seen where her skin looked pink IMO. That doesn't mean that I don't think she's pretty.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6797/61003062.jpg

Mairéad
December 14th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I also think she is cool toned, maybe neutral. It would be very easy for her skin tone to be manipulated in photos, making it appear peachier to compliment her hair color which is one of her trademarks. (Not to mention makeup can do the trick). But there are so many times I've seen her at red carpets where I've noticed the red she choose might be too warm and that cooled toned cosmetics suited her. She's gorgeous, I just don't know if she's nailed her perfect shade of red. :p

mktmgt
December 14th, 2011, 09:32 PM
No way!

Her face and neck look warm/peach toned, while her chest and arms look cool/pink toned. I would say that it's just a good makeup job to compliment the hair. She is very pretty though. :)

Lianna
December 14th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I don't think we need to hate on pink skinned readheads...it is a natural combination after all.

ETA: I also think, in some photos, that she could have a better shade. But looks at this natural cutie...pink skin and very redhead, with a similar skin tone and hair as her. http://br.fotolia.com/id/15527250

Diamond.Eyes
December 14th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I don't think we need to hate on pink skinned readheads...it is a natural combination after all.
And I don't think there is a need to create problems that aren't there; as I wasn't "hating" on anyone. I was just stating my opinion. We are allowed to do that here, aren't we?

Mairéad
December 14th, 2011, 09:37 PM

I don't think anyone is. I think what many people are noting is that when people dye their hair that warmer tones have an easier transition to red hair dyes than cooler tones might. Most boxed reds are very warm.

Lianna
December 14th, 2011, 09:39 PM
And I don't think there is a need to create problems that aren't there; as I wasn't "hating" on anyone.I was just stating my opinion. We are allowed to do that here, aren't we?

Not if it offends people.

ETA: Please see that I edited that post...to me, that kind of statement (certain red hairs don't go well with pink skin) offends people naturally like that. I added a beautiful little girl as an example...

Diamond.Eyes
December 14th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Not if it offends people.

ETA: Please see that I edited that post...to me, that kind of statement (certain red hairs don't go well with pink skin) offends people naturally like that. I added a beautiful little girl as an example...
First of all, I never said "anyone with pink skin looks terrible with red hair". I simply stated that a celebrity, that I presume you have no personal relationship with, doesn't look good with vibrant red hair. I never said, any red hair. So I'm confused as to why you are offended.

Also, I am not breaking any site rules with my "offensive" opinions, so I will continue to state my opinions as I please.

If you have something you would like to share with me, I would prefer you do it in a PM instead of a thread for the entire site to see.

Demetrue
December 14th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Nicole Kidman always had curly hair but has it blown out straight for red carpet stuff. Her hair was red but much of it is actually now gray/silver/white so some of what you see when she goes lighter are her silver roots.

I think Christina Hendricks looks amazing. A little girl at my school has the most gorgeous dark copper red hair, light green eyes and very pink skin tones - if she gets upset or runs around a lot, her face turns almost purple pink.

I think Lindsay Lohan looks best as a redhead, but obviously she doesn't and shouldn't care what I think - it's her hair!

Amy Adams is gorgeous with red hair.

Malibu Barbie
December 15th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I've been both and liked both but went back to blonde because red was so hard to keep in my hair.

Alex Lou
December 15th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Her face and neck look warm/peach toned, while her chest and arms look cool/pink toned. I would say that it's just a good makeup job to compliment the hair. She is very pretty though. :) Her colors remind me of my own. My face and neck are pinker and my shoulders and arms are more neutral. If anything, I think she used makeup to cancel out some of the red in her face.

I hate on my skin/hair combo. Redheads with neutral skin just look better than pink-skinned ones.

FrozenBritannia
December 15th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I have seen a commercial of hers, with pierce brosnan as James bond where she was her natural red blonde ( I think), and she looked very porcelain, but still a bit pink.
I do think on the red carpet they wear so much makeup, and the lights are probably quite hot so that doesn't help.
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=peirce%20brosnan%20and%20christina%20hendricks%2 0commercial&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDcQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgN1 DXQU-m3w&ei=xh3qToSUMcesiAKep-HOBA&usg=AFQjCNHjGEa3BnREZgqVWyFNxTWquQBLhA
Is the commercial

Hairizona
December 15th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Springlets-

I was refering to the scalp muscles on the scalp, especially the back of the head, not bone structure.
My understanding at this time is that redheads have a different type of body musculature, and the muscles of the scalp on the back of the head tend to be more developed and thicker. I know their are other physiological differences too that I have read about, which I seem to have. The ONE thing that is most important to me though, is the feature I do not have; outrageously obviously red hair- any shade. (so I henna).

Alex Lou
December 15th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Don't mean any disrespect, but I doubt that that's true about the scalp musculature. I know that the redhead gene has been shown to possibly have some other effects such as resistance to anesthesia, but still.

I wouldn't base my conclusions about my own genetics on the comments of an EEG tech.

vanillabones
December 15th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I think Emma Stone and Lindsay both look absolutely awful as blondes, and so beautiful as red heads... beats me why they would do this to their hair :( I don't care if Emma Stone claims to be naturally PLATINUM blonde... she looks 100x better red :-P

cubiczoeconia
December 15th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I really, truly believe here is a "right" shade of either color for any skin tone.

Lilli
December 16th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Very, very interesting story... I've heard a lot of stories about women who start out with ash platinum hair and then as they get older, it darkens and brings out more warmer tones. I think Lilli said the same thing happened to her? That's very interesting too that you would have the bone structure of a redhead! Well blondes and redheads generally come from the same genetic areas so, I would assume we're very closely related?

Yes, I did say that. Very ash platinum as a child, now more like gold. Someone even called it palest auburn once on here.

Lilli
December 16th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Skin tone is so hard to tell from photos, too. Look at my album - some I look very pink, others very yellow.