PDA

View Full Version : I've got to get back to the gym

novemberfoxtrot
December 12th, 2011, 08:05 PM
But my hair is holding me back. I know, I read that article too.

I'm growing my hair long so that it looks pretty down. It's curly, about bsl and I go about 3 or 4 days between washings. Oh, and takes FOREVER to dry.

I was going to the gym MWF, washing my hair around 6 and sleeping on wet hair. It did not look pretty in the morning.

Previous experience has been that rinsing my hair leaves it feeling stringy, whether, dirty, sweaty or clean.

I'm out of creative ideas. Maybe you have a brilliant thought?

Side note...is that smiley over there to my right farting? And is he waving at me or waving the stink away?

katsrevenge
December 12th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Do you know how to plop your hair?

I prefer to shower at night. I plop my hair (not that I really wear it down or anything) at night and by morning it's mostly dry and looks rather nice.

novemberfoxtrot
December 12th, 2011, 08:30 PM
No! I've never heard of that!

katsrevenge
December 12th, 2011, 08:52 PM
OK, it's a 'curly girl' thing.. but you don't have to follow all that system.

Basically, I very gently pull all my damp hair on the top of my head and then fold it. I place a soft scrunchy around the fold so it stays there. It looks silly.. but it works. It drys nice and stay up out of the way. Looks very dumb though.

If you want to get hardcore about it, try youtube video how-tos.

novemberfoxtrot
December 12th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Just watched a bunch of youtube videos about it. I'm pretty excited to try it!

I have always wanted pretty hair; I'm overjoyed that I found this community!

spidermom
December 12th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I often just pull my hair up and back and rinse my scalp after working out. Then I leave my hair up. Working out is so worth it in so many areas of your life! You will still have a few non-gym days to wear your hair down, won't you?

novemberfoxtrot
December 14th, 2011, 06:04 PM
OK, it's a 'curly girl' thing.. but you don't have to follow all that system.

Basically, I very gently pull all my damp hair on the top of my head and then fold it. I place a soft scrunchy around the fold so it stays there. It looks silly.. but it works. It drys nice and stay up out of the way. Looks very dumb though.

If you want to get hardcore about it, try youtube video how-tos.

I am over the moon! I did not get to the gym but I DID try plopping!

I showered at 8, 8:30pm and plopped my hair in a long sleeve t shirt. Got up at 7 and thought to myself, "this is going to be so bad..." I was picturing it dried, kinked, tangled.... but no! It was AMAZING! I even got compliments at work about my curl and how long my hair is getting.

Thank you!!

eezepeeze
December 15th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I have a video on youtube about plopping. It really does do wonders for the curl. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBgAZRmrR3k

pinchbeck
December 15th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I'm growing my hair long so that it looks pretty down. It's curly, about bsl and I go about 3 or 4 days between washings. You're growing your hair long? It already is long! Happy hair growth journey.

W2
December 15th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I mostly go to the gym before lunch, then home to shower etc. Leave the house round 3 to pick up kiddies - and by then it's nearly dry - so I just put it in a loose braid.

But when I go in the evening I might try that plopping-thing. I've tried it once - just used a cloth diaper.

novemberfoxtrot
December 15th, 2011, 10:30 AM
You're growing your hair long? It already is long! Happy hair growth journey.

thank you! This made me smile!!

Trish in SC
December 15th, 2011, 06:36 PM
EzPz ~

That plopping video was amazing!

I think this will be my next experiment...

Does this work for wavy hair or just for curlies?

Thanks in advance
for any advice...:)

racrane
December 15th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I also really loved that video about plopping. It was very good. :)